Lambert's Row With Norwich

Archie

Tapping up has always been around and will never go away .It happens in all forms of business and not just football so the incredulity of some people towards it is rather bewildering at best .

Of course Villa put the the feelers out to Lambert to see if the interest was there , you'd be naive to think otherwise. We then approached Norwich who turned us down and refused to let Lambert talk to us which was in breach of his contract . Villa acted a bit shady I agree but are no different to any other club or business with regards to behind the scenes tapping up . We did however do the official approach in the correct manner and Norwich were the ones who **** up where it mattered by breaching Lambert's contract .

Villa may have been ruthless but I don't really care as we have been a soft touch for years IMO .

Norwich can bleat all they like but they are the ones who **** up, not us.

Tapping up has always been around and will never go away .It happens in all forms of business and not just football so the incredulity of some people towards it is rather bewildering at best .

Of course Villa put the the feelers out to Lambert to see if the interest was there , you'd be naive to think otherwise. We then approached Norwich who turned us down and refused to let Lambert talk to us which was in breach of his contract . Villa acted a bit shady I agree but are no different to any other club or business with regards to behind the scenes tapping up . We did however do the official approach in the correct manner and Norwich were the ones who **** up where it mattered by breaching Lambert's contract .

Villa may have been ruthless but I don't really care as we have been a soft touch for years IMO .

Norwich can bleat all they like but they are the ones who **** up, not us.

Which may or may not be the case but none of us know what the clause said. I would be utterly amazed if it said he could talk to any club who approach and if it did he wouldnt have needed our permission to talk to you anyway. A clause which entitles him to "seek permission to talk to other clubs" is not the same as a clause which entitles him to talk to other clubs. If he has to seek permission then there must be circumstances in which permission can be refused and certainly I cannot see how he could just quit 3 hours after making the initial request (as our chairman claims) and claim a fundamental breach of contract.

If it transpires we have f**ked up then so be it I will come on here and hold my hands up but before people start calling my club pathetic or p*sspot perhaps we should all wait and see. As i have said before its a shame that the whole matter couldn;t have been dealt with at the time with reasonable compensation agreed rather than have the whole grubby affair played out in public.

• Like 1

I never once called your club pathetic or pisspot. It's not my style at all .

I would have went down the inbred bumpkin foundation route if I had been that way inclined .

Now pay up ya bunch of sister shagging yokels :winkold:

I would have went down the inbred bumpkin foundation route if I had been that way inclined .

Fair enough. I can;t think of a Brummie stereotype to respond with to be honest which should be an insult in itself! ;-)

Fair enough. I can;t think of a Brummie stereotype to respond with to be honest which should be an insult in itself! ;-)

The brummie stereotype in tv is generally thick and moody.

Although they regularly mess up and confuse brummy with black country

Seriously ???

You could have had a pop at our oversized penises for one!!!

I think the grumpy/moody stereotype is pretty apt. One of the longest threads on this site is "things that piss you off that shouldn't". And that 700 page thread is the second incarnation!

Having your bellend scraping the floor all day is enough to put anyone in a bad mood.

As i have said before its a shame that the whole matter couldn;t have been dealt with at the time with reasonable compensation agreed rather than have the whole grubby affair played out in public.

It is being dealt with by a tribunal which is usually conducted in private. It is your low-life scum of a chairman who is dragging it into the public arena with his petulant comments. Well done Paul Lambert for maintaining his dignity.

Hi again lads,

Since this morning its got worse this end, some would happily punch his face in, some want him removed from Our Hall of Fame, I expect his commenrative brick in the stand's outside wall will now get defaced.

BBC Look East did a street survey on this and he's a truely hated man here now. Me? yes, I'm bloody angry too!

Strangely, all the hate is directed at him, Villa don't get a mention really.

All I know is it will get very messy, these things always do, plus, we play you soon! not a game for faint hearts eh?

Wiz, the only person talking about removing him from the hall of fame and defacing this brick is you.This is from the 'Pink Un' website contributed by our friend Wiz

Ungrateful? Yes.

Childish? Most certainly.

But the bloke knows our cash situation, he moaned about it enough, but now he wants another £2 million of it, thats £2 million Hughton could use in January.

Hardly the behaviour of a Hall of Famer I'd suggest............so remove him from it, and paint over his brick at the same time!emotion-12.gif

Wiz is actually the poster who created the " Kick him out of the Hall Of Fame?" thread on the pinkun forum. He then has the audacity to come on here and say

" Since this morning its got worse this end, some would happily punch his face in, some want him removed from Our Hall of Fame, I expect his commenrative brick in the stand's outside wall will now get defaced." when in fact it was his idea to deface the brick . It also appears that Wiz is as about as welcome as a fart in a lift on his own forum to boot.

: Kick him out of the Hall Of Fame? spacer.gif

"Interesting that in his role as chief sh*t stirrer wiz has been over on Villa Talk just "reporting the vibe" amongst our fans and saying that "some fans are so angry they are saying they want him removed from the hall of fame"

"I was tempted to 'hawk' over it lunchtime" - wiz

could this be the same wiz who told the Villa fans - "BBC Look East did a street survey on this and he's a truely hated man here now. " ?

So we have this chap claiming to be walking around Norwich at lunchtime, past Carrow Road at one point, yet getting himself back in time to watch Look East also at lunchtime and hearing what fans had to say -

Some might suggest those 'mobility problems seem to have disappeared very quickly, as has the deafness it would appear (both previously claimed by him)

or maybe it is that other impairment (memory loss) he also at one point claimed, that keeps causing him to contradict himself ................so many times

wiz

a troll - yes,

chief sh*t stirrer - certainly,

a City fan - only a halfwit would believe that

There's a poster who has been stalking me for months on our boards, he's been warned by our mods and his post's have been deleted for the nasty lies they are, and yet you believe them, priceless.

Despite my post being proved true yesterday and his remarks removed, I now come on here and get this.

Shame on you!

Wiz just got completely exposed :'( cryable!

Just remind me that if I ever misbehave and end up on trial, I pray you lads arn't on the jury.

So I started a thread called 'kick him out of the hall of fame' why shouldn't I?........its a Norwich message board ffs, how can you have a member of that group suing the club?

I won't apologise for that or take it back.

Â