Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

Exactly. Correct me if I'm wrong but they picked up a bit towards the end of the Championship as well didn't they? Cooper is back in the team and on form and Folau can be unplayable. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them both have stormers...

Yes, they did pick up a bit so I think they're starting to mix. Looking at the teams, it is experience v potential like you said and should be a good game (on paper).

Argentina should be interesting. English press all too happy to write them off, already talking about the NZ game, but they have improved markedly since joining the Tri-Nations.

England should still win but I hate that 'oh nevermind Argentina, we should win that comfortably' mentality that exists within the media.

Great day yesterday and got the hangover to show for it!

Awesome result. Not the best game or performance but they did what they had to to win. Mike Brown was outstanding and I think Chris Robshaw is massively under-rated. He was an absolute warrior. Again.

Chris Ashton on the other hand... I rarely dislike players but I can't stand him. He was utter toss again yesterday, just like he has been for ages now (for England anyway). He's lazy and fragile in defence. I can't imagine a player performing so consistently badly in any other position and retaining their place. He seems to be getting a lot of chances...

Mike Brown has had a great year for England I think, a very exciting player with a bit of creativity which is what England really lack at times.

Is it just me, or do England seem to really lack that in every sport?

Have to say, having spent a couple of years living in Australia, I grew very fond of rugby league. It's a great game and they're incredible athletes. Played a handful of games and was a lot more banged up than after any union game I can remember!

Had the England game on the tv whilst I had the Villa game on my laptop today. Thought England were poor today and really took the foot of the gas in the second half. The all blacks will hammer us next week if we play like that.

Â