Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

We'll have to play Morgan then, not a bad replacement :D I'm sure many teams would love to in be our situation with our No.8's.

Good news about Manu too, Tigers could do with him too. I'd love to see a centre partnership of him and Burrell, or him and Twelvetrees, again not a bad situation we find ourselves in, I think this England team is shaping up to be the best in recent times, possibly since 2003. 

• Like 1

Agree as well. Lancaster has done really well to develop such depth in the squad. Our injury list is pretty extensive: both first choice props, Parling, Manu, Wade, Yarde, Croft, Foden and maybe others that I've forgotten. And then there are some really quality players that can't even get on the bench such as Eastmond and Joseph.

Exciting times.

Not forgetting players like Burns, Ford and Watson who haven't really played for England yet too.

Just looking at our current backs, I think we have a really exciting 5-10 years ahead of us (providing Youngs finds form again):

9. Youngs(24), 10. Farrell(22)/Ford(20)/Burns(23), 11. May(23)/Yarde(21), 12. Tuilagi(22)/Twelvetrees(25), 13. Burrell(26)/Eastmond(22), 14. Nowell(20)/Watson(19), 15. Brown (28)/Goode(25).

A very young and exciting group of backs, all except Brown could easily play for another 8-10 years, so we could do with finding an up and coming FB, although Joseph can play FB too I think, and he's only 22.

And not to mention forwards aged 25 and under include - Marler, Vunipola (both), Launchbury, Lawes, and Morgan, plus Kvesic and Thomas who are in the current squad, but I've not seen much of them.

I'm getting excited about the Wales game now, I think we'll be setting up the Italy game as the Championship clincher :D

Very true. Although that gives the coaches an easily identifiable target to work at. I'd be more worried if we weren't creating the chances at all. I think Farrell has arguably been at fault for a couple of those botches but if you look at how much he's progressed over the past couple of seasons in an attacking sense, to the point where he's actually made a few decent breaks this year, I'd back him to get it right soon. And he's still only 22!

Very, very excited to see how the Sam Burgess move pans out as well. What a player he is.

Enough with international talk, how about some local stories;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26367472

Officials have 'underpants ripped off' at Aylestone St James

The RFU has fined Leicester amateurs Aylestone St James £1,575 for "forcibly removing the underwear" of three anonymous north east-based officials.

The incident took place at Aylestone's Covert Lane clubhouse after a Midlands Three East (North) match with Grimsby.

The referee was unaware of a tradition that patrons should wear no underpants.

Several club players and members then "ripped off his underwear whilst he was still wearing trousers" and two other officials arrived to the same welcome.

In one of the officials' written statement, he described the experience as "humiliating and embarrassing", and said he suffered "12 hours of some discomfort and pain".

Aylestone stated to the disciplinary panel, who described the act as "a physical assault", that "the club deeply regretted the referees were subjected to discomfort and/or humiliation".

Of the £1,575 fine, £1,000 was a voluntary donation by the club to the charity of the officials' choice.

:lol:

Jimmies aren't too far away from my hometown and I have played against their 3rd & 4th XI's a few times, and can confirm the majority of them are bellends. They're 1st XI are also in the same league as the first XI at my club too. There's a pretty much identical rule at my club, but I don't think it has ever been enforced on non-players. They're a bunch of complete rocket polishers to do it to the refs, and doesn't really help the image of grass-roots rugby.

Amusing still, and the fine couldn't have happened to a nicer club, except maybe Coalville  <_< (I appreciate that not many will get this bit  :))

The 6 Nations is Ireland's to lose now. Still, anyone but Wales!

Technically yes, but there's still a lot of Rugby to be played. Any of the 4 could nip in.

They have Italy and Scotland left though, can't see them messing that up.

The 6 Nations is Ireland's to lose now. Still, anyone but Wales!

Technically yes, but there's still a lot of Rugby to be played. Any of the 4 could nip in.

They have Italy and Scotland left though, can't see them messing that up.

You mean France and Italy. France will be the decider. Ireland win that, they wrap up the 6 Nations. Italy will provide a token effort but be steamrollered.

• Like 1

Â