Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

I don't think that Ashton is ever coming back, he only really did well as teams didn't really know how to play him, and remember in his 9 tries in 9 games stint, he got 4 v Italy and 2 against Wales in a game where the Welsh didn't particularly impress, although credit to him he was pretty good in his games v Australia around that time. Now, I think he's been found out, and he's targeted as he's pretty poor defensively, would rather not see him start this 6 Nations.

Maybe.

I thought his big thing, initially, was running supporting lines (and I'm not sure that's something that one can find out or play against).

He seemed to struggle to do that for the last (couple of) year(s) or so which was why I referred to the comments about how he had been doing in the Premiership.

It may have been the case that he stopped finding those lines and runs and now he has rediscovered where to go.

I agree that he has often been/looked poor defensively but that's not that unusual for wings, is it?

• Like 1

The same clearings in the woods who were hanging a France flag last week have got a Scottish one out today!!! Pathetic dicks. I hope Wales get absolutely tuned by Ireland.

Oh and I can provide an address if someone doesn't believe me ;).

• Like 1

Mate I've been to uni in Cardiff, and lived here in a couple of spells since and stuff like the flags thing happens all the time. The anti-Englishness goes far beyond rivalry. Some of the things I've seen and heard have been pretty extreme, so I'll admit that I'm pretty sensitive to it. It seems like a lot of Welsh people enjoy being anti-English over being pro-Welsh. Almost every English person I know who's spent significant time in Wales or amongst Welsh people feels the same.

The thing is, the Welsh just do it for a giggle. Come up to Scotland and you'll see it done properly :)

Mate I've been to uni in Cardiff, and lived here in a couple of spells since and stuff like the flags thing happens all the time. The anti-Englishness goes far beyond rivalry. Some of the things I've seen and heard have been pretty extreme, so I'll admit that I'm pretty sensitive to it. It seems like a lot of Welsh people enjoy being anti-English over being pro-Welsh. Almost every English person I know who's spent significant time in Wales or amongst Welsh people feels the same.

The thing is, the Welsh just do it for a giggle. Come up to Scotland and you'll see it done properly :)

Do what properly, lose?

Do what properly, lose?

I'd have thought that bit was a given ;)

• Like 1

Â