Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

It's pathetic and speaks volumes of the Welsh how many French flags I have seen hanging out of windows and round the shoulders of people in Welsh jerseys around Cardiff today.

Oh and can Eddie Butler please **** off and stick to commentating on Wales games? Not only is he a rocket polisher but an incompetent commentator who can barely disguise his bias.

Edited by JB

It's pathetic and speaks volumes of the Welsh how many French flags I have seen hanging out of windows and round the shoulders of people in Welsh jerseys around Cardiff today.

hmm, that's quite interesting, I've been in and around Cardiff all day today, including a few hours in the city centre before and after the game (shopping!). I might be a bit dim, but in the drive there and back through a couple of towns and in 4 hours of walking and shopping - I didn't see a single French flag.

Saw lots of Italy flags, could you possibly have seen Italy fans? Cardiff market was full of them.

* not suggesting you're fibbing, every nation has it's share of dickheads

Edited by chrisp65

Also, a very good game overall.

France got off to a flyer; England got back in to it, playing pretty well and looked good in the second half. Turned over lineout on the french line with 15 mins to go was crucial and the french move to score was very good, though I thought Goode should have done more to try and direct his man to the touchline to make the conversion difficult.

France got off to a flyer; England got back in to it, playing pretty well and looked good in the second half. Turned over lineout on the french line with 15 mins to go was crucial and the french move to score was very good, though I thought Goode should have done more to try and direct his man to the touchline to make the conversion difficult.

Yeah, he fell hook, line and sinker for Fickou's dummy :(

If he hadn't of bought it, there's a good chance that conversion would have been missed and it would have set up a very exciting final two minutes, or however long they would have played on after the 80.

hmm, that's quite interesting, I've been in and around Cardiff all day today, including a few hours in the city centre before and after the game (shopping!). I might be a bit dim, but in the drive there and back through a couple of towns and in 4 hours of walking and shopping - I didn't see a single French flag.

Saw lots of Italy flags, could you possibly have seen Italy fans? Cardiff market was full of them.

* not suggesting you're fibbing, every nation has it's share of dickheads

Haha well I have to say, it seems exactly like you're suggesting I'm making it up! Either that or I can't tell the difference between Italian and French flags! I could tell you exactly what street I saw one of the French flags hanging out of a window next to a Welsh one. Just because we were in the same city doesn't mean that we've been to exactly the same places and seen the same people!

Mate I've been to uni in Cardiff, and lived here in a couple of spells since and stuff like the flags thing happens all the time. The anti-Englishness goes far beyond rivalry. Some of the things I've seen and heard have been pretty extreme, so I'll admit that I'm pretty sensitive to it. It seems like a lot of Welsh people enjoy being anti-English over being pro-Welsh. Almost every English person I know who's spent significant time in Wales or amongst Welsh people feels the same.

I don't want to ruin this thread by banging on about it or starting a debate though, so I'll leave it there! :)

Yeah, he fell hook, line and sinker for Fickou's dummy :(

If he hadn't of bought it, there's a good chance that conversion would have been missed and it would have set up a very exciting final two minutes, or however long they would have played on after the 80.

Yeah I was livid at the lack of effort to stop him going right under the posts.

It was a shame to see Jonny May go off so early - he was looking sharp. Also, how good is Big Ben Morgan?! Billy's pretty handy too, though!

It was always going to be difficult with Nigel Owens officiating...

He was excellent, I thought.

Today he was good, in the past he hasn't been so. I'm really pleased that Alain Rolland is retiring after the 6 Nations though, he is the Phil Dowd of Rugby.

Also, how good is Big Ben Morgan?! Billy's pretty handy too, though!

A good pair of number eights to have at Lancaster's disposal.

I doubt either could give their all for eighty minutes but 50/30 whichever way around ought to provide a handful for most sides. There are not many who will put them down on the first hit.

Edited by snowychap

It was a shame to see Jonny May go off so early - he was looking sharp.

I think England have a lot to look at on the wing:

I thought Nowell did quite well after his initial knock on (and the odd silly offload);

May's obviously got bags of pace;

Watson looks quite interesting.

And that's before we consider Wade and Yarde (I really hope Wade gets fit and stays fit because he looks exceptionally talented to me).

Not discounting Ashton, either. I believe he's been playing well in the premiership so I wouldn't discount him getting back his place - Lancaster said that he was still very much a part of their thinking.

Edited by snowychap

I don't think that Ashton is ever coming back, he only really did well as teams didn't really know how to play him, and remember in his 9 tries in 9 games stint, he got 4 v Italy and 2 against Wales in a game where the Welsh didn't particularly impress, although credit to him he was pretty good in his games v Australia around that time. Now, I think he's been found out, and he's targeted as he's pretty poor defensively, would rather not see him start this 6 Nations.

Â