Rocket League

hogso

How come every time I play no one is using a mic? It's so lonely :(

Because we don't like you 

;)

Tim should be a reserve or something

Yeah sorry TIm, think you just missed the cut on this one.

We'll stick you down as a reserve if anyone drops out.

It won't be long until we do another one though so you'll definitely be in that one!

• Like 1

4v4 tournameeeeeeent!!

Trying to get my rankings up to 1000 (allstar) for 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3...I'm getting close. 3v3 was easy enough, 1v1 I'm apparently a lot better at than I thought, 2v2 is a bugger though.

Pretty sure cross platform play is active btw, if you ever play with people just called 'jack' or something, and they don't show in players met, they're from steam. Don't think you can add them to a party/private match tho?

Would it be too much to ask for updates and match reports from the tournament? :P

There's no spectator mode, so you'd be relying on whoever played in each match to do the reports.

Spectator mode is coming soon though allegedly

• Like 1

4v4 tournameeeeeeent!!

Trying to get my rankings up to 1000 (allstar) for 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3...I'm getting close. 3v3 was easy enough, 1v1 I'm apparently a lot better at than I thought, 2v2 is a bugger though.

I really dislike 4v4. Well, not dislike, it's still a barrel of laughs. But I just don't seem to be very good at it.

1v1 I'm ok at, but I hate the kickoffs. I don't know what to do on them. Half the goals I concede in 1v1 are straight from kick off because the scramble for the ball results on me getting blown to the other side of the track and them with an open goal!

Never seems to happen in my favour though

• Like 1

THE INAUGURAL ROCKET LEAGUE VILLATALK CUP

The draw for the first ever VillaTalk Cup will take place tonight, hosted by the always glamorous Gareth Robert DeNiro Reginald and his carer wife.

The rules:

The VillaTalk cup is a 2v2 tournament. Tonight's first draw will place all players onto teams of two at random.

The teams will then be drawn into two groups of four teams in tonight's second draw.

Contestants:

Stevo985
Hogso
BazzVanChazz (bunnski)
LapalFan
Veldritch
Mr_Gabbana (YGabbana)
Wainy316
GarethRDR
I love Bono forever (villarule123)
magreen79 (greenz)
stefanw12344321 (Stefan)
Trimpong
Stwefano
Ingram
robertevansdj
bhj1988 (Skruff)

The groups will be contested round robin style, with each team playing the other three teams once. The matches will be best of 3 Rocket League games.

Fixtures are to be played at each team's discretion. It's up to the four players involved in each fixture to arrange and play each one.

Results must be reported on VillaTalk once the fixture has been completed to enable tables to be updated.

Group standings will be decided by win/loss record, with head to head results deciding any ties.

1st place in Group A will play 2nd Place in Group B in the first semi final.

2nd place in Group A will play 1st Place in Group B in the second semi final.

Final will obviously be the winners of those semi finals, and will be best of five rocket league games.

Any other rules people think need clarifying?

Would it be too much work to report all the stats as well so we could have top scorers/assist makers/goalies/points tallies etc? Maybe if somebody took a screenshot of the scoreboard at the end of every game we could do it? I'd be happy to accumulate everything but it's whether people will remember to record everything.

Everything is obviously up for discussion if people think there's a better solution/rule we could use.

I'll edit this post as appropriate so it can act as the official rules page

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Ahh, we're going head to head - ala the La Liga route.. "what about goals for/against!?" I hear the PL lovers cry.

Also, I too will kill myself if Gareth doesn't record the draw.

As well as not trust him and make playing this game my sole aim of destroying him.

• Like 1

Ahh, we're going head to head - ala the La Liga route.. "what about goals for/against!?" I hear the PL lovers cry.

Thought about that, but seeing as there can't be any draws, I figured a win/loss record with head to head to split a tie was best.

Happy to change to goal difference if people like.

• Like 2

The strange thing is, when I properly concentrate then I'm capable of a good match but most of the time I can't get to grips with the physics or controls.

• Like 1

Rule #63: if Bunnski and hogso are on the same team, then we're all ****

Lol I'm inclined to go from one extreme to the other so no guarantee of what kinda form I'll be in and I wouldn't put me in the same class as hogso.

I'll stream my games using the share button for anyone that wants to spectate.

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

Â