Rocket League

hogso

Can you jump ridiculously high and get amazing trajectory because your car is upgraded?

Naw, doesn't make any difference. Just practice!

Theres a patch incoming with a couple of new cars (neither a zippy (from sarpbc (boooooo)), then some paid DLC in a few weeks for cosmetic upgrades. Everyone buy it, twice.

Best from tonight. Actually 2 goals, second is the decent one

https://youtu.be/dg44GxRF_oc

Feat. nearly everyone

These are the incidents usually followed by everyone shouting 

"Oh **** off hogso!"

• Like 2

Great session there lads :)

Who kept vociferously raging at our ineptitudes? Was it stevo? Was funny as hell :P

I only rage when people don't defend (which is apparently any time I dare to leave my own half!).

Or if Stefan says he's defending and then immediately **** off :)

If people are just crap then I don't care. That's just funny :)

And we're all crap really

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Can you jump ridiculously high and get amazing trajectory because your car is upgraded?

Nah.

You have to use the boost.

Jump in the air, angle your car so the nose is facing upwards, and then boost and you'll go flying.

Incredibly difficult to get the hang of though. 

I think Stefan, Gareth and myself have started regularly doing "aerials". But our accuracy is hilariously bad. Certainly for me I connect with about 1 in every 100 attempts :crylaugh:

Cars are no different to any of the others in terms of speed and power and agility etc.

AFAIK (according to reddit :) ) the only difference between the cars is the hitbox on the front, i.e. the cars with the low fronts get under the ball and hit it a bit higher and the cars with the big fronts hit it straighter.

I love that about the game. I think upgrades and different ability cars would ruin it. Part of the fun is that it's a completely level playing field.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

So to sum up in a somewhat less hilarious fashion:

Team A: Wainy316 & Veldritch (AKA Ginko aka me)

Team B: Ingram-85 (AKA lucky ****) & hogso

Team C: Trimpong (AKA PongRiddims) & robertevansdj (AKA HolteEndRob)

Team D: greenz (AKA magreen79) & JonoAVFC (AKA villarule123)

Team E: Mr_Gabbana (AKA YGabbana) & BazzVanChazz (AKA Bunnski)

Team F: lapalfan & StefanW2812 (StefanAVFC)

Team G: Stwefano & GarethRDR1 (AKA GarethRDR)

Team H: Stevo985 & bhj1988 (AKA Skruff)

That sound right?

Right chaps.

I think we'll just make the first four teams group A, and the second four teams Group B.

I'll do some sort of excel tournament thing today when I should be working and post up a screen shot :)

• Like 1

Best from tonight. Actually 2 goals, second is the decent one

https://youtu.be/dg44GxRF_oc

Feat. nearly everyone

That second goal..... what the...

I've not played this game yet, but I can't get my head around how you were able to anticipate where the ball would go and then get your car to actually hit the fecking thing.

I can imagine the physics of this game take a long time to get used too. 

• Like 1

AFAIK (according to reddit :) ) the only difference between the cars is the hitbox on the front, i.e. the cars with the low fronts get under the ball and hit it a bit higher and the cars with the big fronts hit it straighter.

I wonder if this is confirmed. In sarpbc each car had a different top speed and weight, although that wasn't confirmed until years after release. I'm pretty certain weight must be different in this as I seem to come off worse in 50/50s and kick offs against the big cars, when I only use backfire now.

I wonder if this is confirmed. In sarpbc each car had a different top speed and weight, although that wasn't confirmed until years after release. I'm pretty certain weight must be different in this as I seem to come off worse in 50/50s and kick offs against the big cars, when I only use backfire now.

Possibly.

I'm just going by what people on reddit have said, and they're a lot geekier and more knowledgeable than me about it

But you could well be right

• Like 1

Here you go lads.

Confirmation of teams

Groups%20and%20Players_zpssuleqhrq.jpg

Fixtures and current standings (which are obviously meaningless at the moment)

Standings_zpsfdekrgxi.jpg

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

So, to clarify.

Group fixtures are up to you to arrange. You can get started straight away. It doesn't matter if one team plays all their fixtures before anyone else.

Best of three games. Please play all 3 games even if one team is up 2-0 after two. This will allow a level playing field for stats.

SOMEBODY TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF THE SCOREBOARD AFTER EACH GAME.

So every match will have 3 screenshots. It's well easy to do on your playstation (use the share button)

This isn't the be all and end all, not the end of the world if we fail. But it will make it more fun to have stats at the end. We can have a golden boot etc at the end.

So all you have to do is play your best of three match then submit the three screenshots to me. You can share the screenshots with me via the PS4 if I'm not mistaken, so it's easy. I'll do the rest.

I've quoted the rules below for anyone who didn't see them first time round

THE INAUGURAL ROCKET LEAGUE VILLATALK CUP

The rules:

The groups will be contested round robin style, with each team playing the other three teams once. The matches will be best of 3 Rocket League games.

Fixtures are to be played at each team's discretion. It's up to the four players involved in each fixture to arrange and play each one.

Results must be reported on VillaTalk once the fixture has been completed to enable tables to be updated. Screenshots of each of the 3 games comprising a match must be submitted to Stevo985 after a game.

Group standings will be decided by win/loss record, with head to head results deciding any ties.

1st place in Group A will play 2nd Place in Group B in the first semi final.

2nd place in Group A will play 1st Place in Group B in the second semi final.

Final will obviously be the winners of those semi finals, and will be best of five rocket league games.

I'll send a PM out directing everyone to these posts to clarify the teams and rules, just in case people have forgotten they entered!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

And Stefan can defend when he says "HURRR DURR I'LL DEFEND BOSS!!" - before going to get his boost like the little monkey he is.

I picture him wearing one of those rainbow coloured caps with a little propeller on it, slowly spinning as he watches the huge steel ball float into our goal for this 5th time in 30 seconds, and thinking "HURRR DURRRR, how did VAT happen?"

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 4

Â