Football betting 2013-14

leviramsey

Guys I really need help.  Off work today so got pissed and got in a stupid football conversion witj a couple of scots. Told them I thought celtic would do Ajax home and away a accepted a 5/1 to one bet they would do so. A guy took me up on my offer and put £200 on the bar. I accepted went the bank and handed the landlord £1200. Now I'm shitting myself, I'm not a gambler. How do I cover this shit?

Guys I really need help.  Off work today so got pissed and got in a stupid football conversion witj a couple of scots. Told them I thought celtic would do Ajax home and away a accepted a 5/1 to one bet they would do so. A guy took me up on my offer and put £200 on the bar. I accepted went the bank and handed the landlord £1200. Now I'm shitting myself, I'm not a gambler. How do I cover this shit?

I don't understand this. If it's 5/1 wouldn't you put £40 to his £200?

did he give you 5/1 on celtic beating ajax, or did you give him 5/1 that they wouldn't? because there's £960 in the difference there for you

no clue why you put £1200 behind the bar though... that doesn't work however you cut it

Edited by P3te

where do you drink?

• Like 2

In the South American group for world cup qualifying tomorrow night, 3rd and 4th placed Chile and Ecuador play each other, with both teams on 25 points, and 5th placed Uruguay on 22 points, with one game remaining.

A draw between Chile and Ecuador would see both nations qualify for the world cup regardless of Uruguay or anyone elses result.

Admittedly its not great odds, but the draw is 8/13, and I would say lump big time on that.

I remember the last time I lumped on something like this, when Brugge played Braga in SHA's europa league, when a draw meant both teams would qualify at SHA's expense. Low and behold, it finished 1-1.

Nailed on.

EDIT - or not. finished 2-1 Chile. £80 i wont see again

Edited by Grogan_Avfc

I know it was the home leg...so how do you feel now?

I know it was the home leg...so how do you feel now?

Like the same drunken dick head I was when I made the bet 

I can't have understood right. You staked £1200 on Celtic to do the double over Ajax for a maximum £200 winnings?!

Edited by Cizzler

think iv got it.

av1 said Celtic wouldn't do the double over Ajax. Scots thought it was quite possible.

av1 gave 5/1 odds and the scots bet £200

av1 then gets £1000 out from the bank and hands it and the scots' £200 over to the landlord to look after

think iv got it.

av1 said Celtic wouldn't do the double over Ajax. Scots thought it was quite possible.

av1 then gets £1000 out from the bank and hands it and the scots' £200 over to the landlord to look after

Wouldn't? His original post said he thought Celtic would do the double over Ajax..

Edited by AVFCforever1991

think iv got it.

Wouldn't? His original post said he thought Celtic would do the double over Ajax..

Oh i know, hes muddled up either way and you are welcome to try and decipher better than i did.

I believe he was trying to say what i wrote above

If av1 'accepted 5/1' then it's he who stands to win the £1,000 not the other way around.

But then, why did HE put £1200 behind the bar when it should have been the Scottish bloke?

Yeah I know. We need av1 to clarify cuz his story and his maths are in conflict.

Â