Our defensive positioning is going to kill us this season

Enda

Lambert has been in the Premier League two seasons now, for Norwich and then Aston Villa, and the two teams have let in a combined tally of 66 + 69 = 135 goals.

I think it is safe to say that we will struggle at the back this season as well!

Interestingly enough, Chris Hughton did one place better than Lambert at Norwich last season, without them really catching anyone's eyes. One can argue Lambert got more goals and more points than the former, but the table is everything that matters of course.

We need to score 60+ goals next season, last year we got a measly 47 and that is not good enough when we know Lambert has problems with defensive organization.

Lambert has been in the Premier League two seasons now, for Norwich and then Aston Villa, and the two teams have let in a combined tally of 66 + 69 = 135 goals.

I think it is safe to say that we will struggle at the back this season as well!

Interestingly enough, Chris Hughton did one place better than Lambert at Norwich last season, without them really catching anyone's eyes. One can argue Lambert got more goals and more points than the former, but the table is everything that matters of course.

We need to score 60+ goals next season, last year we got a measly 47 and that is not good enough when we know Lambert has problems with defensive organization.

The position may be what matters but all you can contol is how many points you get, can't control the other teams. And hughton also had a team that wasn't newly promoted

1. Our defensive positioning was still a bit shaky in that first half. Luna in particular. I'm a bit nervous about the Chelsea match.

2. I'm fecking delighted my prediction of losing the first three matches was completely wrong. Elated with that win. Long may my crap predictions continue.

1. Our defensive positioning was still a bit shaky in that first half. Luna in particular. I'm a bit nervous about the Chelsea match.

2. I'm fecking delighted my prediction of losing the first three matches was completely wrong. Elated with that win. Long may my crap predictions continue.

Hear. hear.

First half was quite poor I agree, we seemed to work out the midfield in the second and Gabby worked very hard to keep the pressure on; I think this helped the defence settle.

Much better second half indeed,Arsenal's heads really dropped.

Maybe we should care, just a little bit? We collapse too low when opposition puts pressure on, our marking is terrible at times, two against one is not always enough for us, and it looks to me like our defenders don't believe in themselves either.

I like the acquisitions of Helenius and Tonev, but should we have put that money into our central defence to bring in more quality than Okore (I'm saying this because he wasn't even Lambert's second choice today)?

Maybe we should care, just a little bit? We collapse too low when opposition puts pressure on, our marking is terrible at times, two against one is not always enough for us, and it looks to me like our defenders don't believe in themselves either.

I like the acquisitions of Helenius and Tonev, but should we have put that money into our central defence to bring in more quality than Okore (I'm saying this because he wasn't even Lambert's second choice today)?

I have no doubt Okore will be partnering Vlarr this season, Lambert has been saying Tonev & Okore have been short of match fitness. I think it's safe to assume that's the reason he threw Clark on instead.

Easy on the negativity man. We won 3-1 at Arsenal.

Some of you guys saying Luna looked shaky. Making your debut away from home against Walcott is never going to be easy. He was hardly going to keep the guy silent all match. To be honest Walcott didn't really get chance to create anything. The main danger for me came from Rosicky in the middle with the 1-2.

• Like 1

Te defence is improving all the time. Once Okore is fit I think we will start to see a settled back 4 that will grow steady. Vlaar needs to cut out the errors though.

Vlaar will be out of the back four sooner than later. 

I think when you have Luna partnering Benteke up front, defensive positioning is called into question.

When you have Tony Moon streaking down the middle of the field, who needs a defense?

I know, but the amount of people so far who've been doing the whole "WTF was he doing up that far" thing is mind-boggling. He's not tall, so he's not in the box for his height when we have corners against us, quick breaks from corners will usually mean Luna will be involved as he's on the edge of the box to begin with. It's something we'll likely see plenty of

I have no doubt Okore will be partnering Vlarr this season, Lambert has been saying Tonev & Okore have been short of match fitness. I think it's safe to assume that's the reason he threw Clark on instead.

Some of you guys saying Luna looked shaky. Making your debut away from home against Walcott is never going to be easy. He was hardly going to keep the guy silent all match. To be honest Walcott didn't really get chance to create anything. The main danger for me came from Rosicky in the middle with the 1-2.

Yes, we won, and I'm extremely happy about it. If my post looks too negative, I'm sorry about it. However, our defense just gives me gray hair. We could very easily concede 5 or 6 against Chelsea. But that's how it was always going to be this season - a wild ride.

And I love our counterattacks and Lambert's attacking mindset. I don't question that at all. I just think our team could be in a little better balance.

Yes, we won, and I'm extremely happy about it. If my post looks too negative, I'm sorry about it. However, our defense just gives me gray hair. We could very easily concede 5 or 6 against Chelsea. But that's how it was always going to be this season - a wild ride.

And I love our counterattacks and Lambert's attacking mindset. I don't question that at all. I just think our team could be in a little better balance.

Some advice for you mate, get a good supply of Just For Men - you're going to need it!

I don't think Lambert can do much more than he has with the defence. He got a new left back, who will improve with time, but likes to attack. He's got Okore waiting to get to match fitness and will come into the right side, meaning Vlaar playing left side and that will also need time to gel.

Lambert likes his full backs to push forward and we have a bunch of midfielders who are all pretty much alike.

Watching Lambert's Villa is going to be like watching Brazil. We'll be hoping to score more than the opposition. To be honest, I love watching Brazil play!

For all the talk about how dodgy our defending was at times, how many real clear cut chances did arsenal have ? Bearing in mind that they are a top 4 side and playing at home, they probably only had 2 clear cut chances apart from the goal ( Rosicky and Cazorla ) ?

Some advice for you mate, get a good supply of Just For Men - you're going to need it!

I don't think Lambert can do much more than he has with the defence. He got a new left back, who will improve with time, but likes to attack. He's got Okore waiting to get to match fitness and will come into the right side, meaning Vlaar playing left side and that will also need time to gel.

Lambert likes his full backs to push forward and we have a bunch of midfielders who are all pretty much alike.

Watching Lambert's Villa is going to be like watching Brazil. We'll be hoping to score more than the opposition. To be honest, I love watching Brazil play!

Thanks for the advise mate... I'm not familiar with JFM, but maybe it'll help :)

Ok, I'll give our defense a chance and shut up for now.

Â