Manchester United

BOF

Surely the sponsors need to step in soon as the public image is getting even more hits

Manchester United made convicted paedophile Geoff Konopka 'guest of honour' at Old Trafford and celebrated his career despite him being banned from the game: Club 'were unaware ex-women's coach got four years for offences against girls'

Manchester United was allegedly unaware that celebrated women's coach Geoff Konopka was a convicted paedophile when they invited him to the club as a special guest last year.

Konopka, who was in charge of the Manchester United Ladies from 1983 until 2001, was sentenced to four years in prison in 2011 after being convicted of indecent assault and gross indecency against girls aged under 16 and 14, The Times reported. He was also put on the sex offenders' register for a decade.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12489675/amp/Manchester-United-Geoff-Konopka-paedophile.html

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 2

2 .more women have come forward to accuse Antony of assault. Not going well for their 160 million investment in 2 wingers is it. Whether its he said she said or something more concrete,  its just negative after negative for that club .

• Like 2

Good on Sancho to stand up for himself.

Ten Haag needs to sort his people skills out.

All fine when he’s calling his players shit, about time one of them turn round and ask about his performance during the training sessions.

He needs a lesson or two in not airing his dirty laundry in public.  Even if it’s just keep the value of his assets up.

Seems a toxic character destroying the club.  And I’m loving every minute.

• Like 1

I love the chaos, the money had been spent by the glazers on the playing squad so I don’t get the hate there, it’s purely because they aren’t winning.

However they have fallen behind in the infrastructure at the club, the culture from the top is clearly not there and the players know it. Players on massive wages who can’t be forced out.

Long may it continue but hopefully it doesn’t have to be beating up women that causes it all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Good on Sancho to stand up for himself.

Ten Haag needs to sort his people skills out.

All fine when he’s calling his players shit, about time one of them turn round and ask about his performance during the training sessions.

He needs a lesson or two in not airing his dirty laundry in public.  Even if it’s just keep the value of his assets up.

Seems a toxic character destroying the club.  And I’m loving every minute.

He probably learned this man management working under Guardiola then add to him being Dutch. A perfect combination 😂

On 04/09/2023 at 10:01, maqroll said:

Ongoing Glazer drama

Greenwood saga

Maguire still there

Losing games

Sancho drama

Supporters losing faith in Ten Hag

Stadium falling apart

Antony woman-beating charges

Ex-players piling on

It's only September 4

GIVE ME MORE OF THIS PLEASE

Just gonna keep adding to this-

Invited a convicted paedophile to be a special guest at the biggest women’s football match in the club’s history.

23 minutes ago, Nicho said:

the money had been spent by the glazers on the playing squad so I don’t get the hate there, it’s purely because they aren’t winning.

It's so much more than that. The Glazers are parasites on the club. Buying flashy players is meant to obscure the true nature of what they've been doing.

18 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I hope the Glazers are causing not just long term but permanent fundamental structural damage to the club that means one day it'll either go bust or be a complete footballing non-entity

The longer this phase of being a non-entity on the European stage goes on they’ll lose more and more worldwide supporters and revenue.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

It's so much more than that. The Glazers are parasites on the club. Buying flashy players is meant to obscure the true nature of what they've been doing.

Problem is they dont buy flashy players. Except a past it Ronaldo I cant remember the last big name attacker they signed

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Problem is they dont buy flashy players. Except a past it Ronaldo I cant remember the last big name attacker they signed

Probably Zlatan? Cavani?

Edited by Genie

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t believe these numbers are telling the whole story. 

They don't, because wages are a far better barometer of quality in a team, and that's where the dodginess of Man City's accounting lies.

But it's still fun when people suggest Pep is only good because he spent a billion quid

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Doesn't have to be attacking players. Flashy can be any player that arrives with some combination of hype and reputation and skill.

Â