Manchester United

BOF

First time they've lost 3 in a row since 2001. Fergie looked quite unhappy after the game, poor Manure ey!

And of course, when they lost three in a row in 2001 they had already won the title. The three games they lost were the final three games of the season. 

Just checked the history books (and by that I mean Wikipedia) and they last time they lost three games in a row in the middle of the season was in 1996/97, a run which included a couple of very famous defeats, the 5-0 at Newcastle and a week later the 6-3 at Southampton.   They still won the league though. 

Out of interest, what position in the league were they at the time of that run in 96/97?

As we sadly found out last year coming back from 2-1 down is a hell of a lot better than 2-1. 1 nil over 120 mins and United are through.  Surely even this team can't mess that up?! Only 31,000 in tonight which I thought was a bit of a suprise- much more fun than the league campaign for the Sunderland fans.

First time they've lost 3 in a row since 2001. Fergie looked quite unhappy after the game, poor Manure ey!

And of course, when they lost three in a row in 2001 they had already won the title. The three games they lost were the final three games of the season. 

Just checked the history books (and by that I mean Wikipedia) and they last time they lost three games in a row in the middle of the season was in 1996/97, a run which included a couple of very famous defeats, the 5-0 at Newcastle and a week later the 6-3 at Southampton.   They still won the league though. 

Out of interest, what position in the league were they at the time of that run in 96/97?

5th and 6th. End of october 96.

Just thought about how bad the current united team is compared to years ago IMO.

Like they were playing carrick, cleverley and fletcher today...

Giggsy dont seem to be doing it like he used to. Same goes for evra.

Valencia and Young are probs not as good as planned.

Nanis inconsistent.

Fellaini's been a flop since hes arrived.

Van persies been off form when hes played of late.

Im not even sure I rate smalling or evans at the back for united aswell.

Ive probs forgot a few but tbh its just my opinion. Weird because united have like always dominated and have had the first or second strongest team in the prem withing my lifetime.

Heard they're getting a massive warchest this jan though... would you let moyes spend more ?

United constantly losing and not getting decisions? Well this would need to go on for another decade for it to be even from all the shit they got under fergie.

I agree karma is a bitch im still waiting for vidic to be repaid for what happened in the league cup final not long now

Utd are used to dodgy refs who give them everything they want and a bit more for Fergie.

if Moyes is sacked and Fergie takes over as caretaker the only thing that will change on the pitch is the refereeing.

I always remember that final... Agbonlahor through in the area, brutally chopped down by Vidic, ref (Webb?) didn't give anything.  only Utd were allowed to win the trophy.

this year I've noticed Chelsea and Man City getting plenty of dodgy decisions - especially Chelsea.

haven't much noticed Utd getting unfavourable refs. today's got everything right.

Dropped in on the reds forum...

This in thread titled "NOTE TO DIRECTORS"

Please get rid of Moyes! He is as useless as ***. He cannot manage united and as a fan, I have had enough of this sh*t. Time for directors like fergie to step down, get a director of football who can buy players and nail deals down. You directors are ruining united and as a fan am disgusted, you lot earning thousands yet can't make a decent decision SACK MOYES NOW! SACK MOYES NOW SACK MOYES NOW SACK MOYES NOW

I quickly left the Man Utd forum.

went to RedCafe... here are some random posts that gives a flavour of the panic sweeping through the Utd fan base  

I'm sure we all joked amongst mates about Moyes being picked because he's Scottish in the beginning, but the more I see of Moyes' United and the more I read of stuff like this, I do genuinely start to wonder and question Sir Alex's motives...

Fergie's role in all of this is just depressing. Fergie failed where many great leaders before him failed. He failed to settle his succession.

Another sad thing: Seeing a legend like Bobby Charlton in the middle of all of this tragedy. He should enjoy his life and rest on his laurels.

The Glazers are to blame for every bit of this and as much as it sickens me to see us in the state we are in, I am absolutely **** delighted that those tight pricks will have to empty their pockets to fix it!

Pogba gone, Morrison gone, Cleverley here. clear.png

Personally I'd go all in for Luke Shaw in the January window. If we don't someone else will, I suspect.

Reus ~ £45 million
Koke ~ £35 million
Coentrao ~ £15 million

It is doable. Also, if we are going to be ruthless about this with our transfers out, the money we recoup from the departure lounge (Buttner £6 million and Anderson ~£10 million) would offset any increase in the wage structure.

Who is going to pay twice what you paid for Buttner?

It's insane! Take RVP for instance...He rates Rene as a great coach, to whom he credited a lot of his own success to last year. Now, not only is the best manager ever gone but, you are now being coached by Phil Neville?!?!.

Â