VillaGoMarching

Levy is smart.. they have agreed a deal with Real. you cant deny them when they want a player.

He is spending it now before he gets held to ransom as he has the bale money.

You can if they don't pay what he's worth. Levy already promised AVB he wouldn't sell Bale for any price. Only Real's interference stopped him from signing his new contract, telling him that if he didn't kick up a fuss he'd never get his move. If Real back-down, as Perez has just suggested they're doing, then Bale will be free to get on with his career. I think they'll definitely sign him next summer, which is what we planned for all along. Everyone's a winner!!! :)

Spurs should put a bid in for Stephen Ireland, ready-made replacement ;)

Mate, Soldado, Paulinho, Capua, keeping hold of Bale maybe... but Stephen Ireland... we're not at that level yet!!!

What position does 'Mate' play? I've never heard of him.

Mate, Soldado, Paulinho, Capua, keeping hold of Bale maybe... but Stephen Ireland... we're not at that level yet!!!

Defensive midfielder

Mate Simao Jr

;)

Edited by Cizzler

Spurs should put a bid in for Stephen Ireland, ready-made replacement ;)

Croatian lad, CM, because we need to strengthen there!! http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/mate-males/profil/spieler_44230.html

Edited by TartarugaJones

Adebayor's certain to leave isn't he?

Playing up (missed the Monaco friendly last week) and Beskitas have put in some bids for him in the summer. Plus he'll be demotivated sitting on the bench most weeks.

Yeah Defoe is always being linked away with moves but does seem to love Spurs so I can see him staying still.

Really intrigued to see what state the Spurs strikeforce ends up as beyond Soldado on September 2nd. Frazier Campbell on loan anyone? :D

Adebayor's certain to leave isn't he?

Playing up (missed the Monaco friendly last week) and Beskitas have put in some bids for him in the summer. Plus he'll be demotivated sitting on the bench most weeks.

His brother had just died.

Ah fair dos, I only heard personal reasons on ITV4.

I also don't think they'll be able to ship him.

We've had problems getting rid of Bent, arguably a more proven striker, who is on less wages. Adebayor is on about £120k a week and he refused a move to Besiktas I believe. Remember they only bought him last Summer!

Tartuga, quick one for you, if you were Perez what would be the max you would pay for Bale?

Personally I dont think he's worth more than £55m and even that's going to be a stretch for me. I'd argue in terms of goal scoring exploits he's only had one season where he's been world class, which was last season. It's very tough to out score yourself in the Premier League when you get over 15 goals in the next season, I think Van Persie at Arsenal is the only one to do it in the last 5 years. Even Ronaldo only managed 18 after he scored 31 the year before and for me he's in a different league to Bale ( & I don't mean La Liga ;) ).

Tartuga, quick one for you, if you were Perez what would be the max you would pay for Bale?

Personally I dont think he's worth more than £55m and even that's going to be a stretch for me. I'd argue in terms of goal scoring exploits he's only had one season where he's been world class, which was last season. It's very tough to out score yourself in the Premier League when you get over 15 goals in the next season, I think Van Persie at Arsenal is the only one to do it in the last 5 years. Even Ronaldo only managed 18 after he scored 31 the year before and for me he's in a different league to Bale ( & I don't mean La Liga ;) ).

Perez seems to have a screw loose!! I can only guess that his pride was pricked? When Barcelona stole the headlines with their Neymar purchase, he felt he had to respond to the Messi-Neymar threat with an equivalent Ronaldo-Bale duo. It doesn't make sense though, Bale's only had one exceptional season, he's worth nothing like the price it would take to buy him, surely Perez should wait to see if he repeats his exploits this season and then get him for £60m next season when he only has two years on his contract? That way everyone wins!!!!

Edited by TartarugaJones

Perez seems to have a screw loose!! I can only guess that his pride was pricked? When Barcelona stole the headlines with their Neymar purchase, he felt he had to respond to the Messi-Neymar threat with an equivalent Ronaldo-Bale duo. It doesn't make sense though, Bale's only had one exceptional season, he's worth nothing like the price it would take to buy him, surely Perez should wait to see if he repeats his exploits this season and then get him for £60m next season when he only has two years on his contract? That way everyone wins!!!!

:thumb:

Spot on.

its all about ego with Perez. he needs sign the biggest player available and I think he has an election next year that Real have to win something big for him to win

He won a second term, after no challengers stood for election.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Yeah, but Spurs will only have Bale for another week or so...

Just like Benteke was going to leave when he handed in a transfer request?

Thing is Bale is stepping up to a big club, as Benteke would have dome if one came in for him.

• Like 1

Looks like Bale could be staying.

Think Spurs have dropped a ball here personally. While they've done well to potentially keep hold of their star player, they could have bought in a number of world class players for that kind of money. They're too heavily reliant on Bale, and this could have been a good opportunity to address the problem.

Looks like Bale could be staying.

Think Spurs have dropped a ball here personally. While they've done well to potentially keep hold of their star player, they could have bought in a number of world class players for that kind of money. They're too heavily reliant on Bale, and this could have been a good opportunity to address the problem.

What kind of money. I think the problem was Perez is all talk and no balls. Levy called him out on it and he scurried back to his burrow muttering about him being too expensive. £60m is about the right price for Bale (even that's steep), but £60m is no where near enough to tempt Levy into selling. Hence any deal was always improbable.

Edited by TartarugaJones

Â