Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It\s a private company I think. Called LPS based in Stratford. Hopefully it'll be alright. I have a ticket so it would be stupid to fine me £40.

in which case just bin it as they have no legal right ...All they're doing is sending you a notice for what they deem as a breach of contract the clue is in the wording of the ticket

MrsH29 got 2 of these .. was great fun watching the demand letters stack up ... I received 6 final demands before letters threatening to send around baliffs (illegal without a court ruling ) followed by a pay £45 now to end it .. and finally they have given up 

double check here for advice http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2329119

but LPS are on the list

Edited by tonyh29

They have no legal right? I'm pretty naive when it comes to stuff like this so can you explain? :P

basically it's not a criminal offence so the private parking firms have no legal right

I didn't even bother entering in to any dialogue with them , as you have a valid ticket you could try writing to them but it's much more fun to make them pay £32.50 to acquire your details from the DVLA and put them out of pocket :)

That's brilliant.

So I should appeal and if they're arsey then I'll just ignore it. Cheers bud.

I'm guessing council car parks are different?

yeah council ones are Penalty Charge Notices and have the law behind them

I really don't know if this should or shouldn't piss me off.

The fact that all the cleaning gets done at our offices during the working day. Am I wrong in thinking that other companies do a lot of the cleaning before/after working hours?

It's not uncommon for me to be making a phonecall and have a cleaner shoving a hoover under my desk.

And don't get me started about the toilets. They clean the toilets every day mid morning. Takes them about half an hour and they seem to do a load of toilets at once. Meaning if you need to go, you end up walking around the building trying to find one that's not being cleaned.

Clean it at 5 oclock when everyone's gone home!

Sounds identical to my office! Got the cleaner trying to force Henry the vaccum under the desk when i'm trying to broker a big deal (read: order my dinner from the canteen)

They used to clean overnight but changed a couple of years ago. Not sure the main reason? Cheaper maybe? Plus a lot of things used to go 'missing' overnight. Doesn't happen anymore.

Cant decide whether this pisses me off or just makes me sad but this thread was started 3 months after Paddy's "Things that cheer you up" yet has now amassed 745 pages more. Think that's a damning reflection of how most of us feel or the life we live in.

:unsure:

Moaning is more therapeutic though :P

Since getting my own place life seems to have devolved into washing up, food shopping, clothes washing, cleaning the bathroom and cursing  at how quick bog rolls get used.

That I can't find "Resolve Extra" anywhere.

I assume it's either been discontinued or the company that made it has gone under.

Either way it's pretty **** annoying. Greatest hangover cure of all time.

Yep, tell me about it. Looked everywhere but it looks like the company has gone bump.

That I can't find "Resolve Extra" anywhere.

I assume it's either been discontinued or the company that made it has gone under.

Either way it's pretty **** annoying. Greatest hangover cure of all time.

Yep, tell me about it. Looked everywhere but it looks like the company has gone bump.

Friend of mine insists the petrol station next to his house have them still, so I've sent him on a mission to buy me as many boxes as possible.

It's like that episode of Seinfeld with the "sponges"

OK on a similar theme, how many dead bodies have you discovered?

Me... 2

OK, I'll bite. You live in Liverpool, don't you?

Only one of them was in Liverpool and that was a friend and colleague who'd suffered a heart attack. What a way to find out you were about to move off the night shift on to the day shift

The other was an incident involving a coach I was on, some ice and a steep incline in Andorra. That story made the front page of the Torygraph back in the 80's

Oh and the embarrassment that is our national anthem. Every time I expect it to kick off and it's just so dreary. Put Jerusalem as our anthem for gods sake.

Resolve has no hangover magic cures in it, its just fuzzy asprin, you might aswel take a dolly mixture to cure your hangover

I don't care what was in it, it was easily the best thing i've ever had for hangovers - never had one it couldn't shift.

Resolve has no hangover magic cures in it, its just fuzzy asprin, you might aswel take a dolly mixture to cure your hangover

When dissolved it contains water which does at least rehydrate :mrgreen:

Â