Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Aston Villa.

Caring about them.

A group of men I have nothing in common with who earn 40k+ trying to punt a sphere of leather into a net. I have no input in the result and can do nothing about it, but because these men wear the kit of the club I support, they have the power to ruin my christmas.

This.

Villa are always shit

fixed.

Having to do collegework which the lecturers decided to dump on us on the last day. Worst thing is, I can't find one of the assignment briefs. :x

I don't share your obsession with particular examples of celebrity totty. I couldn't pick out Rachel Weisz in an identity parade of film stars. In fact there are probably only five or six female film stars of the past thirty years that I could identify - probably the "not conventially pretty" ones. The pretty ones are all pretty much interchangeable to me.

Been thinking about why I'm unaware of who film stars are (totty or otherwise).

Before anyone suggests it, this one isn't old age! I've always been the same - when I was a kid I used to LOVE (still do, actually) old b&w hollywood movies, but I never knew Maureen O'Hara from Jane Russell, Erroll Flyn from Douglas Fairbanks jr., etc. For years I thought Edward G. Robinson was James Cagney. Robert Mitchum and Burt Lancaster rather blurred together. As did Gregory Peck and Stuart Whitman.

Some of the VERY iconic ones I knew - John Wayne, Kirk Douglas, James Stewart, maybe Bogart.

But I think - then as now - the thing was that I watch films almost as a complete innocent. I suspend disbelief, so that I'm not watching a bunch of film stars, I'm watching the characters. I believe in the story, totally, if only for a couple of hours. I never look at a film and think "Oh, that's Brad Pitt, that's (honestly, no female star springs to mind - OK, got one) Nicole Kidman". I mean, I know they're actors, but to me they're just "Some handsome guy, some pretty girl". I'm focussed on the story.

That may seem weird, but that's the way I roll.

EDIT: most recent example - just (today) watched "Frost/Nixon". "That bloke looks familiar", I thought, so I looked him up on IMDb. Turns out it was Kevin Bacon. Famous name, I know. I suppose I've seen in him loads of films. Couldn't name one of them. He's just a vaguely familiar face, no more.

And as I've said before, I have never, ever found any celeb woman even fractionally as sexy as real, flesh and blood ones that I see every day in real life - ones that you lot would probably dismiss as insufficiently glamorous.

And as I've said before, I have never, ever found any celeb woman even fractionally as sexy as real, flesh and blood ones that I see every day in real life - ones that you lot would probably dismiss as insufficiently glamorous.

Not at all. That beer advert where Peter Kay is asked if he could sleep with anyone who would it be and he says some girl from his work is absolutely spot on. But it's much safer to have a conversation with the missus about attractive "celebs" then it is to tell her how much I'd pork Gemma from Accounts.

Not at all. That beer advert where Peter Kay is asked if he could sleep with anyone who would it be and he says some girl from his work is absolutely spot on. But it's much safer to have a conversation with the missus about attractive "celebs" then it is to tell her how much I'd pork Gemma from Accounts.

Well, exactly.

But I think I take it further. With the odd notable exception, the pictures in the totty thread hold little interest for me. They are almost "Too perfect". Don't much like that form of perfection.

Which I suppose is "ghey".

Deffo ghey.

Nah 99% of the ladies thread is shite, full of plastic women that appeal to the lowest common denominator.

As for celebs, again most of them are plastic shite, or liberal with their make up.

However, when they are attractive, they are very attractive. And the normal lady on the street doesn't stand a chance.

Could be cognitive dissonance of course. I can't get the really beautiful 'plastic' girls, so instead I really like the fairly plain girls that are actually attainable. It makes sense from the point of view that you wouldn't want to be with girls that don't want to be with you, but you'd like to be with the most beautiful if they did want to be with you.

I really like fuglies. They're my favourite

Â