Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I've never done them. Well I did something once in Arkansas but that's another story :) I think the reason I avoided them is because while I know I'll recover from the effects of drink, there's always the worry that you won't ever fully recover from the effects of a 'drug' session. Yes I know alcohol is a 'drug' blah blah, but you get the point.

Just stay away from drugs kids, drugs are bad....ummkay?

:thumb:

I think its an age thing, ive done my fair share of dabbling when i was younger, but as you get older you just think "whats the point!?".

I look at people now when im out, you can see that they are wired, and i just think to myself "why do you need to stuff shit up your nose to make you have a good night out!"

Each to there own, just grew out of it years ago and dont see the point.

We can say the same for alcohol though, can't we?

Just stay away from drugs kids, drugs are bad....ummkay?

:thumb:

I think its an age thing, ive done my fair share of dabbling when i was younger, but as you get older you just think "whats the point!?".

I look at people now when im out, you can see that they are wired, and i just think to myself "why do you need to stuff shit up your nose to make you have a good night out!"

Each to there own, just grew out of it years ago and dont see the point.

We can say the same for alcohol though, can't we?

I see your point, but see BOF's post above yours mate.

Drinking is/can be social...drugs never will be.

"why do you need to stuff shit up your nose to make you have a good night out!"

Same could easily be said about alcohol (although through the mouth rather than the nose!)

Same could easily be said about alcohol (although through the mouth rather than the nose!)

That Rory Delap has got a really long throw!!!

:P

On a side note, i did once snort a tea spoon of vodka...not good!!!

It could be, but a couple of drinks with friends does no harm to society whatsoever. Consumption is a pleasure is itself, irregardless of what effects you go on to feel or not. You won't find too many drug users who use for the taste... you take drugs to feel the effects.

In excess, alchohol is just as damaging as drugs but you have that option not to take it to that extent.

Personally, I think the biggest problem with drugs is the power and wealth it gives to the nobbers who sell it.

Some drugs really arent too much worse than drinking, Cocaine for example won't leave you crippled the next day (although your wallet will have taken one hell of a beating). The problem with such drugs is the supply chain they go through to get from a field in Columbia onto the toilet seat of your nearest 'spoons.

That and the fact that they harvest utter bellendish behaviour.

It could be, but a couple of drinks with friends does no harm to society whatsoever. Consumption is a pleasure is itself, irregardless of what effects you go on to feel or not. You won't find too many drug users who use for the taste... you take drugs to feel the effects.

In excess, alchohol is just as damaging as drugs but you have that option not to take it to that extent.

It is pointless trying to make a logical distinction between the legal drugs like alcohol, caffeine and tobacco and recreational drugs like ecstasy, cocaine and marijuana because there is no logical case to be found.

It is just the fact that the legal drugs have always been legal that makes them socially acceptable. I think if ecstasy had was legal and alcohol was not then Friday and Saturday nights in town centres would be very different places, Alcohol seems to be much worse for your body as well.

None of it matters though becasue we are where we are.

Not sure as I entirely agree.

Some drugs can be very nasty indeed. Maybe it's just because we've all developed a bit of a tolerance to alcohol (and not other drugs), but I think a distinction needs to be made between the 2, for our own safety if nothing else.

Let the average group of 18 year olds go wild on cocaine and ecstacy and there'd be trouble untill 9 o clock the next morning.

Some drugs can be very nasty indeed. Maybe it's just because we've all developed a bit of a tolerance to alcohol (and not other drugs), but I think a distinction needs to be made between the 2, for our own safety if nothing else.

Let the average group of 18 year olds go wild on cocaine and ecstacy and there'd be trouble untill 9 o clock the next morning.

Let the average group of 25 year olds go wild on beer & shots and there'd be trouble untill 9 o clock the next morning.

No difference is there really?

Let the average group of 25 year olds go wild on beer & shots and there'd be trouble untill 9 o clock the next morning.

No difference is there really?

Not sure as I agree, not sure as I disagree.

I think you're far more likely to hospitalise yourself on drugs than you are on alcohol.

With alcohol, your body usually has a way of stopping you from drinking anymore before it becomes critically harmfull. i.e. you can't hold a pint, never mind drink one.

But you could easily 'drop' 5 pills and find yourself in a fair bit of trouble very easily.

I agree with you. ALL drugs can be quite nasty and none of them are good for our bodies or state of mind.

Some are worse than others obviously but if you were to list them in a line from least harmful to most harmful the 3 legal ones wouldn't be the three at the least harmful end. They are just the 3 most socially acceptable ones for cultural/historic reasons.

Be interesting to know which drugs contribute to the most deaths per year?

Im guessing that alcohol & tobacco are responsible for more deaths per year than cocaine & ecstacy.

Bit of a skewed argument though isn't it? Because so many more people take alcohol and/or tobacco.

That's like saying there are more deaths per year from dogs than there are from Lions and deducing that dogs are more dangerous.

Â