Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I don't think you can scoff at a genre at all. For me a film can be well made or badly made regardless of the genre. They're completely separate things. As previously discussed, I'm not gone on Westerns, but if someone points me at a particularly well made one then I'll give it a watch.

Thats where I stand, and it's the correct stance. Theres stuff I like, and stuff I don't (I have a distinct distaste for the pretentious... hence a lot of French film is simply not for me).

I wasn't having a pop at Mike there really, I understand something like the Avengers isn't going to float his boat. It was more inspired by our new resident film snob who chucked a fun, well made film under a bus seemingly because it was popularist. Drives me mad.

I don't think you can scoff at a genre at all. For me a film can be well made or badly made regardless of the genre. They're completely separate things. As previously discussed, I'm not gone on Westerns, but if someone points me at a particularly well made one then I'll give it a watch.

Thats where I stand, and it's the correct stance. Theres stuff I like, and stuff I don't (I have a distinct distaste for the pretentious... hence a lot of French film is simply not for me).

I wasn't having a pop at Mike there really, I understand something like the Avengers isn't going to float his boat. It was more inspired by our new resident film snob who chucked a fun, well made film under a bus seemingly because it was popularist. Drives me mad.

And to continue with the point, where I do like certain genres, I will then probably watch/tolerate lower quality in those areas simply because I like the topic.

It's OK Mike. You're a Twilight fan. We get it.
Well, who wouldn't be?
It's the sheer level of acting that does it for me.

Amen-Brother.jpg

If you don't like something, a genre, a particular movie etc then say you don't and move on. To make sweeping generalisations about people who do is elitist and quite frankly bollox. :D

When, on hearing that you are single, people (usually women) respond with "Why?" in that slightly accusatory tone.

Maybe they think that such a handsome chap shouldn't be alone? 8)

Whenever I notice theres a new post on the Games and Gaming forum and click on it only to discover it's another comment for Football Manager/Fantasy Football/Fantasy F1 threads

This

Yeh, me too. It's been pretty dead this past week or so.

When, on hearing that you are single, people (usually women) respond with "Why?" in that slightly accusatory tone.

It's a bit like going to a car auction. If a car looks very clean but the price is suspiciously low, then there's something badly wrong underneath. DO NOT BUY. If a decent looking bloke is single then he must have some issues you only find out about afterwards :lol:

Whenever I notice theres a new post on the Games and Gaming forum and click on it only to discover it's another comment for Football Manager/Fantasy Football/Fantasy F1 threads

This

Yeh, me too. It's been pretty dead this past week or so.

I thought thered be a bit more talk with Max Payne out this week but er... apparently not. Diablo is huge but the PC scene has become so niche that theres not that much debate.

It's a bit like going to a car auction. If a car looks very clean but the price is suspiciously low, then there's something badly wrong underneath. DO NOT BUY. If a decent looking bloke is single then he must have some issues you only find out about afterwards :lol:

I think this is why I subconsciously refuse to believe that I can look alright sometimes ;)

:suspect: This must happen a lot.

I think this is why I subconsciously refuse to believe that I can look alright sometimes ;)

Yeah it's better to have a few dents in you, that way they know you're mechanically solid :P

Â