Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The car radio.

I never ever have it on. Talk radio infuriates me because it's usually some prick of a politician justifying the latest way to screw a subset of the population while the interviewer doesn't ask the difficult questions that are blatantly sitting there in front of him. And as for music radio. Well, the charts are gone to shite and even if you do get a good song, you won't get enough of them on a ~40 minute jouney and I'm **** if I'm gonna spend my time searching the radio stations every 4 minutes for a song that I don't hate.

So, I leave it turned off.

After all, there's enough shit drivers on the road to keep my blood pressure high enough without having the radio push it even further.

1. DAB (can you get DAB in Oireland?)

2. Stick your own musac on?

car stereo is one of, if not THE most, important things in a car for me. That and the engine. :winkold:

Wow. Even the thoughts of 'literally never' having the radio off in a car is making me anxious. As for putting on my own music. Nah, sorry. I don't love music to the extent that some do. Of course I have favourite bands and songs but I don't need to have them assaulting my ears constantly.

Requires too much concentration at a time when you are concentrating on other things. Otherwise the a/b would just be on in the background and it'd be wasted. Plus it also requires bringing and setting up an iPod or similar and that's not a pre-requisite when I'm going somewhere. It's also not technically the 'car radio' nor is having my own music on. Not that I do that either.

Just ordered a spirt level from Amazon (to help with the fitting of my new kitchen), in the confirmation email they have some recommendations for me.... more spirit levels. I expect this must happen a lot, very annoying. Why would they recommend different versions of an item you've just purchased?

My in-car listening time:

mp3 player on shuffle (see other thread for typical playlists) - 50%

CDs (most likely classical or jazz, most of the pop is covered by the above) - 40%

radio (R3, TalkSport, R5, local) - 5%

silence - 5%

Yeah if I'm in my car, the stereo is literally never off.

yep, i don't think i've ever been in a car without the stereo being on.

i'm not sure i would cope without the sound.

its like in my house, the tv is continiously on, from the moment i walk in, to the moment everyone goes to sleep. Not that i'm watching it, its just on in the background.

radio (R3, TalkSport, R5, local)

what is radio 3? I've never even heard of that radio station.

I know Radio 1 & 5, i have heard of Radio 2 and vaguely heard of Radio 4, but Radio 3?

Are you serious? This is like Wiggy and George Orwell...

A brief history of BBC national radio:

When I was a small boy there were only three UK radio stations (all BBC) - The Home Service (news, discussion, a bit of sport, etc. - talk radio, basically); The Light Programme (essentially, pop music of the safest variety); and The Third Programme (classical music and serious drama).

In the face of competition from the offshore pirate radio stations, the BBC had a shakeup in 1967 and reorganised. The Light Programme got split into Radio 1 and Radio 2 (pop and M.O.R. music, respectively), The Third Programme became Radio 3, and The Home Service became Radio 4.

So, Radio 3 is the BBC's classical music station.

My missus on the other hand, has ALL the radios in the house permanently tuned to Radio 4.

Mike & The Mechanics "The living years"

it's on the radio now and for some reason I just hate it with a passion .. has to be the worse song I've ever heard ..

and I once heard "Bohemian Rhapsody" so that's no mean feat

Well you didn't think they had a Radio 1,2,4 and 5 but no 3 did you?

I was about to post the same thing Ben, but then I thought about motorways, and the various gaps in their naming.

There is no M7, for example, amongst many others, although there are M1s to M9.

Must be honest in that whilst I have for a long time been aware of the existence of Radio 3, I don't tend to listen to it.

Mike & The Mechanics "The living years"

it's on the radio now and for some reason I just hate it with a passion .. has to be the worse song I've ever heard ..

and I once heard "Bohemian Rhapsody" so that's no mean feat

I think that was my grandads favourite song and so for some reason when he died when I was a kid, my nan had 'The Living Years Were Ours, Dek' put on his gravestone. As much as I loved my grandparents and I hate to insult them, what a ridiculous thing to put on a gravestone. Why that? It's puzzled me for 15 years.

mp3 player on shuffle (see other thread for typical playlists) - 50%

CDs (most likely classical or jazz, most of the pop is covered by the above) - 40%

radio (R3, TalkSport, R5, local) - 5%

silence - 5%

USB drive (MP3s) - 40%

CDs (often MP3 CD's with numerous tracks on) - 20%

radio (R4, R2, R5 (in that order)) - 40%

silence - 0%

silence only occurs if the missus is driving, and she has a difficult manoeuvre to make, or is stressed/lost. :lol: :winkold:

Â