Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Right before i start im not 100% sure how i feel about this, but here goes.

Watching Watchdog last night, they proceed to bust this bloke while carrying out some boiler repairs in a house. They dont bust him because he is ripping people off or unsafe, but because he doesnt have the qualifications to work on a live boiler.

So it turns out that because he hasnt got the paper work (he still knows what he's doing and fixed the problem safely), they notify the police and he ends up getting 6 months jail.

Now my problem, this guy is trying to earn a living and probably has a family to feed, yes he's not qualified so he is in the wrong and breaking the law and should be punished...but sending him to jail!?!?! They admitted there was nothing wrong with the installation. Now instead of busting people who dont work but can, instead sit around claiming job seekers allowance while not even attempting to find work, they decide to ruin the life of a bloke who is trying to earn a living!?!?!

Pissed me off no end...but as i say he was in the wrong. :?

Watching Watchdog last night, they proceed to bust this bloke while carrying out some boiler repairs in a house. They dont bust him because he is ripping people off or unsafe, but because he doesnt have the qualifications to work on a live boiler.

So it turns out that because he hasnt got the paper work (he still knows what he's doing and fixed the problem safely), they notify the police and he ends up getting 6 months jail.

Now my problem, this guy is trying to earn a living and probably has a family to feed, yes he's not qualified so he is in the wrong and breaking the law and should be punished...but sending him to jail!?!?! They admitted there was nothing wrong with the installation. Now instead of busting people who dont work but can, instead sit around claiming job seekers allowance while not even attempting to find work, they decide to ruin the life of a bloke who is trying to earn a living!?!?!

Did he actually go to jail or was it supended?

If he was sent down, it's crazy - jail should be for violent criminals. That said, gas is dangerous stuff, and it should only be handled by qualified people. I'd have given him a fine and a stiff warning and told him to get the qualifications before doing any more jobs.

Suspended sentence would be a fair warning.

Did he actually go to jail or was it supended?

If he was sent down, it's crazy - jail should be for violent criminals. That said, gas is dangerous stuff, and it should only be handled by qualified people. I'd have given him a fine and a stiff warning and told him to get the qualifications before doing any more jobs.

Suspended sentence would be a fair warning.

The programme said he was sent to jail for 6 months Mike, i just find it ludicrous. He was breaking the law and as you say it is dangerous, but there was nothing wrong with his installation, yet when this bloke tries to earn a living (all be it illegal) he gets sent down, and lazy feckers sat on their arse all day get hand out after hand out...pissed me right off mate! :x

It didnt say Jonno or i may have missed that part.
That does seem quite harsh from the outset, I'm sure he must have been doing something similar in the past and had warnings about it to end up doing a bit of bird - it would surprise me if he hadn't, even given the current justice system.

I can't juggle either. My dad could but he never tried to teach me, he just showed off, the bastard. My missus can, too.

When I was doing my MSc there was a bloke on the course who was a good juggler, and he claimed he could teach anyone to do it. He did in fact teach several of the other students - but he eventually gave up on me. I just could not master it, no matter how hard I tried.

Doesn't really piss me off, mind.

I can juggle. I learnt during exam period one year at uni. Procrastination has it's uses.

It's actually not very hard once it clicks. Just need to practice for a certain amount of time and then it'll suddenly just become second nature.

I also learned to do a Rubik's cube in under 2 minutes during exam period, and also got my solitaire success time down to sub 50 seconds on Windows.

I love exams!

Â