Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Most people pick January 1st as their arbitrary date for a game of "I wonder if I can...". Though they also usually pick January 2nd as the end date.

The fact that some of my colleagues are enjoying a 4 course dinner downstairs as part of a celebration that I wasn't invited to. Walked through the canteen and some lovely food on offer....

People who put chocoalte in the fridge. It's a bit like eating chocolate, but brittle and not as tasty.
This is a bit like the "thick vs. thin pancakes" debate - I actually like both chilled chocolate AND soft, room-temperature chocolate. Depends on my mood.

I’ve got teams I look out for. Borussia Dortmund in Germany (so delighted to watch them tearing it up!) Sevilla in Spain, and Brescia in Italy I look out for those teams, and if they’re on TV, I’ll switch over to watch them. My true love is Villa though. And Gloucester Rugby (who are on a 9 conseuctive win rampage and third in the Aviva Premiership.

When people constantly say things just let everyone else know that they know something...

My mother in law is the worst perpetrator of this (probably why it annoys me so much). Anything that comes up on TV, she will attempt to embelish on, then sit there with a big shit eating grin on her face like she's achieved something. She will literally jump on any scenario which allows her to show off what she knows like a puppy on a squeeky toy.

When people constantly say things just let everyone else know that they know something...

My mother in law is the worst perpetrator of this (probably why it annoys me so much). Anything that comes up on TV, she will attempt to embelish on, then sit there with a big shit eating grin on her face like she's achieved something. She will literally jump on any scenario which allows her to show off what she knows like a puppy on a squeeky toy.

My mother in law does something similar, only she makes things up to make it look like she knows things, yet only succeeds in making herself look daft.

eg. the actress who plays "Cilla" in Corrie is a famous Shakespearean theatre actress, and Nicholas Cage's father was a famous deep sea diver.

My mother in law does something similar, only she makes things up to make it look like she knows things, yet only succeeds in making herself look daft.

eg. the actress who plays "Cilla" in Corrie is a famous Shakespearean theatre actress, and Nicholas Cage's father was a famous deep sea diver.

Exactly this.

Difficult to disprove, and calling her out will only make you look rude.

I do that with TV quiz shows like Mastermind and University Challenge. :oops:

Then again, so do the rest of my family.

But I'm best. 8)

I had a mate at uni like that. He'd just shout random things at the TV when he knew something about it.

I remember one time we were watching a film, set in San Francisco.

At one point the camera panned to the Golden gate bridge. Everyone knows that bridge. But he shouted "That's the golden Gate Bridge" and sat back all happy.

Annoyed me a lot. he still does it.

I do that with TV quiz shows like Mastermind and University Challenge.

Then again, so do the rest of my family.

But I'm best.

I was going to mention this as one of her party pieces, but everyone does do it, and I guess it's pretty much what they're there for. They're not nearly as entertaining if you watch them on your own.

Â