Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Last comment but I'd like to echo ben's sentiments that I'm appalled by this.

I wasn't even involved in the debate. I got dragged into it because I liked a post.

To get my professionalism and my suitability for the job I love called into question, without even getting involved in the debate initially is really sad.

And the death of a child? What? He was 19. Manipulated the point that I'm not responsible enough for 6/7 year olds because I partook (sensibly and privately) in a game that killed a 19 year old.

I'm sure you are appalled Stefan and so you should be but not for the reasons you suggest. The link below perfectly illustrates my point and at least the person in question also holding a position of responsibility has had the dignity to apologise.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/5423760/Called-to-the-bar-Judge-downs-shot-in-neknom-dare.html

• Like 1

:snip:

Why do you keep putting game in quotes?

But you've pretty much proved my point here. People play the game stupidly. It hasn't escalated into a game of dare, apart from a select minority who have chosen to play it that way. It has, in fact, evolved into "RAKnominations" (Random Acts of Kindness) for your information. I guess if someone tries to give food to a homeless person now and gets stabbed because that person is a psycho then we should ban that game too?

People drive stupidly, people cycle stupidly, people drink stupidly, people cross the road stupidly, people smoke stupidly, people hike stupidly, people rock climb stupidly, people skydive stupidly, people play sport stupidly, people **** juggle stupidly.

Any of these things can and do result in people dying because people do something stupid. Should we ban everyone who does these things normally from doing them normally just because one or two people were stupid and got themselves killed?

Your personal attack on Stefan is shameful by the way.

You have completely missed the point. The game as you see it is in fact no longer a game due to it's escalation and it has therefore grown into a lot more than a select minority.

I read your comments the first time on the poster but won't ignore it the second time. What is shameful is this.

Not only have you been proven ignorant of the current situation with your comment 'a select minority' but someone whose profession by its very essence is to look after and set an example to children has nevertheless condoned an act which has lead to a child's death.

You might wish to actually read this article below because you are far less well informed than you think you are.

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/news/familys-plea-following-gaa-players-neknomination-death

You haven't said anything here that you haven't already said, so my response remains the same.

Stefan's already answered your points regarding his profession and he's absolutely right.

He hasn't condoned an act that has led to someone's death in any way shape or form. That is simply you manipulating a situation to try and aportion some blame for the death to Stefan merely because of what he does for a living.

That IS shameful. In fact the more I think about it the more it annoys me that you've done that.

Edit: by the way, that link is broken.

BOF : Fixed link

Edit2: Cheers BOF.

I have absolutely no idea what that article adds to the discussion that we didn't already know. If that article was meant to prove that I wasn't as informed as I thought I was (Morpheus' words) then it's failed. I'd already read it and several others on the same incident and I don't see what part of it Morpheus is trying to highlight?

Also, it wasn't a child.

I haven't manipulated anything and for exactly the reasons stated in the article above Stefan is absolutely wrong on all counts. 

The defence rests.

Edited by Morpheus

Last comment but I'd like to echo ben's sentiments that I'm appalled by this.

I wasn't even involved in the debate. I got dragged into it because I liked a post.

To get my professionalism and my suitability for the job I love called into question, without even getting involved in the debate initially is really sad.

And the death of a child? What? He was 19. Manipulated the point that I'm not responsible enough for 6/7 year olds because I partook (sensibly and privately) in a game that killed a 19 year old.

I'm sure you are appalled Stefan and so you should be but not for the reasons you suggest. The link below perfectly illustrates my point and at least the person in question also holding a position of responsibility has had the dignity to apologise.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/5423760/Called-to-the-bar-Judge-downs-shot-in-neknom-dare.html

A judge did a shot and told someone else to do one? That's not even news, for **** sake.

Edited by Milfner

You've kind of proven Stefan's point though haven't you?

She's done it in a public forum (though I can't read the article so I'm guessing), something Stefan has said he hasn't, and she is very stupid and should be held accountable for doing that. However, if she'd done it on a private facebook page, that only had her friends on it, then, IMO, that's perfectly fine.

Also, I think the key wording in that article is, "before nominating someone else to do the same." She's not dared anyone to one up her, or do anything better than her, she's dared someone to do what she did, and it's only a shot, something many people dare their friends to do down the pub every single day.

The main problem with what she's done is that she's done it in a public forum, where everyone can see her, not just a few of her friends.

• Like 2

But you've pretty much proved my point here. People play the game stupidly. It hasn't escalated into a game of dare, apart from a select minority who have chosen to play it that way. It has, in fact, evolved into "RAKnominations" (Random Acts of Kindness) for your information. I guess if someone tries to give food to a homeless person now and gets stabbed because that person is a psycho then we should ban that game too?

People drive stupidly, people cycle stupidly, people drink stupidly, people cross the road stupidly, people smoke stupidly, people hike stupidly, people rock climb stupidly, people skydive stupidly, people play sport stupidly, people **** juggle stupidly.

Any of these things can and do result in people dying because people do something stupid. Should we ban everyone who does these things normally from doing them normally just because one or two people were stupid and got themselves killed?

You have completely missed the point. The game as you see it is in fact no longer a game due to it's escalation and it has therefore grown into a lot more than a select minority.

I read your comments the first time on the poster but won't ignore it the second time. What is shameful is this.

Not only have you been proven ignorant of the current situation with your comment 'a select minority' but someone whose profession by its very essence is to look after and set an example to children has nevertheless condoned an act which has lead to a child's death.

You might wish to actually read this article below because you are far less well informed than you think you are.

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/news/familys-plea-following-gaa-players-neknomination-death

You haven't said anything here that you haven't already said, so my response remains the same.

Stefan's already answered your points regarding his profession and he's absolutely right.

He hasn't condoned an act that has led to someone's death in any way shape or form. That is simply you manipulating a situation to try and aportion some blame for the death to Stefan merely because of what he does for a living.

That IS shameful. In fact the more I think about it the more it annoys me that you've done that.

I have absolutely no idea what that article adds to the discussion that we didn't already know. If that article was meant to prove that I wasn't as informed as I thought I was (Morpheus' words) then it's failed. I'd already read it and several others on the same incident and I don't see what part of it Morpheus is trying to highlight?

Also, it wasn't a child.

I haven't manipulated anything and for exactly the reasons stated in the article above Stefan is absolutely wrong on all counts.

The defence rests.

You've added nothing to your point in the past 2 posts I've responded to and just said "the defence rests".

What does that even mean in this context? Who are you defending?

Have you just spouted a random cliché you heard in a film. Because you've got no actual point?

Good luck with that.

Edited by Stevo985

Also, it wasn't a child.

The defence rests.

I have done absolutely naff all wrong.

1) I wasn't even involved in the debate. You brought me into it. For what reason? I have absolutely no idea.

2) You called the guy who died 'a child' when he was a 19 year old man. You are trying to say that I am condoning a game that killed a child that is JUST COMPLETELY WRONG. You have a sheer arrogance and audacity to tell other people that they should read up on the story; and your only defence is a single article that you keep quoting wrong (because you say a child died). Yes, it's sad that somebody died BUT ONE PERSON DIED. And to completely proportion the blame to the game, when he clearly made an incredibly bad decision whether he was playing a game or not is wrong.

3) Because I partook in a game (and I'll make this incredibly clear because you've ignored it over and over again) on a private account, to my own private friends. I don't go to school drunk. I've never drunk at school. Hell, I've never even drank on a school night since I've been a teacher.

You are genuinely the lowest of the low. You have attempted to use my profession as an excuse to somehow proportion some of the blame of a young lad's death on me. Do you not see how sick that is?It's absolutely disgusting. More disgusting than any incestuous relationship. More disgusting than prolonged cheating on a loved one. It's showing borderline sociopathic tendencies.

And your 2nd point? Laughable. How can you compare a judge getting pissed in public and me posting a sensible, fun video to my PRIVATE (because I need to repeat this over and over again) account.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

Hey look you were the one who went to school drunk, that was well out of order.

---

I like it when I know I'm right and other people spout rubbish.

I just walk away knowing, and enjoying, they're dumber than me.

---

You know what pisses me off that shouldn't?

Making a big lunch for tomorrow and not being able to fit it all in one lunchbox. My life is tough.

You've added nothing to your point in the past 2 posts I've responded to and just said "the defence rests".

Have you just spouted a random cliché you heard in a film. Because you've got no actual point?

Good luck with that.

I wasn't aware that you edited your post until now. I'd added a 'like' in response to your original post (such as I remember it).

• Like 1

Good luck with that.

I wasn't aware that you edited your post until now. I'd added a 'like' in response to your original post (such as I remember it).

I second this.

BBC South East news just had a report where a woman wants more warning on sunbeds and wants a publicity campaign to advise people about them.

She bought a sunbed 3 years ago and used it 6 days a week every week for three years. She got skin cancer.

What we need is just some sort of general warning leaflet issued through schools to cover all of life's unforeseeable risks that you just couldn't expect people to know of on their own. You know, don't drink excess alcohol for a dare, don't jab somebody else's needle in your arms, don't cop off in Rugeley and don't spend 90% of your life on a **** sun bed.

• Like 2

BBC South East news just had a report where a woman wants more warning on sunbeds and wants a publicity campaign to advise people about them.

She bought a sunbed 3 years ago and used it 6 days a week every week for three years. She got skin cancer.

What we need is just some sort of general warning leaflet issued through schools to cover all of life's unforeseeable risks that you just couldn't expect people to know of on their own. You know, don't drink excess alcohol for a dare, don't jab somebody else's needle in your arms, don't cop off with RugeleyVilla and don't spend 90% of your life on a **** sun bed.

Fixed ;)

• Like 1

What we need is just some sort of general warning leaflet issued through schools to cover all of life's unforeseeable risks that you just couldn't expect people to know of on their own. You know, don't drink excess alcohol for a dare, don't jab somebody else's needle in your arms, don't cop off in Rugeley and don't spend 90% of your life on a **** sun bed.

In secondary school, children have multiple lessons on substances.

I just don't really think it's my responsibility at 6/7 years old.  -_-

Edited by StefanAVFC

BAN SUNBEDS. ARREST EVERYONE WHO USES SUNBEDS. BAN SUNLIGHT.

• Like 2

Â