Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Yeah imagine if Mike started typing in Yorkshireish. Terrible.

We'd have an outbreak of the work "thysen". :(

I've lived up here for 38 of my 56 years, but no way am I a Yorkshireman. I'm a Brummie, and proud of it.

I've lived up here for 38 of my 56 years, but no way am I a Yorkshireman. I'm a Brummie, and proud of it.

:P Just joshing Mike, although I do occasionally imagine your voice as an Alexander Armstrong/Yorkshire cross! :lol:

People that can't cut cheese straight.

Every time I go to the block of cheese it's all wonky and you end up with slices wafer thin one end and an inch thick the other because some retard can't work out how to use a knife properly.

You need to buy a cheese knife (the type that slices, not the one with the pointy bits).

:P Just joshing Mike, although I do occasionally imagine your voice as an Alexander Armstrong/Yorkshire cross! :lol:

TBF my accent is pretty much "neutral" these days; experts could probably spot traces of both Brummie AND Yorkshire.

When movies/tv shows depict women being able to understand if something is bigger than them.

For example

Man is a cop/doctor/fireman, man works late to save some peoples lives, women gets angry at him working late and leaves.

I don't know many women that would begrudge someone for being in that situation, yet movies and tv shows constantly play the 'marriage comes first' card.

**** annoying.

When people post statements as questions. You know how in Neighbours where everybodies voice goes up at the end to a sentence so it sounds like they are asking something? That. Pisses me right off.

I have to stress it doesnt piss me of when it's somebody speaking, it might be an Antipodean thing that is perfectly normal, but to see it written down sends me into a quiet rage. It seems to be happening more often too. I see it all the time on VT now. Stop it!

When people post statements as questions. You know how in Neighbours where everybodies voice goes up at the end to a sentence so it sounds like they are asking something? That. Pisses me right off.

I have to stress it doesnt piss me of when it's somebody speaking, it might be an Antipodean thing that is perfectly normal, but to see it written down sends me into a quiet rage. It seems to be happening more often too. I see it all the time on VT now. Stop it!

In French they raise their pitch at the end of questions. I've never really thought about that.

Calculators without the 'ENG' key. :angry:

My dad's cooking. Okay, some things he does cook well but most of the time he just throws random things together, its like "We need to eat, lets try and use up as many things as we can in one go", plus I think all his years of smoking, drinking and drowning so much of his food in vinegar has killed off most of his taste buds.

I'm actually writing this as I am eating. We had some chicken breast that I was looking forward to, I have the Villa cookbook that came out a couple of years ago and I have to say Agbonlahor's jerk chicken is one of my favourite meals so I was looking forward to making that, but my dad got to the chicken first.

So right now I am eating chicken that has been fried too long on one side with a packet of 8p instant noodles with some weird tomato and chilli paste stirred into it :notsure:

Also he will give me the same amount of food he has, which is quite a bit because he has quite a physical job so he needs to eat which is fair enough, but I am small, thin, I have a job where I probably do less phsyical activity than I did when I was out of work so I just don't need to eat that much. Then if I don't eat every last bit he takes it as a personal insult.

If we have pies as part of our dinner, he will microwave them so we get these mushy sweaty little lumps instead of that nice puffed out soft pastry that the oven will give.

Also he just can't understand rice or pasta. Boil some water, put the rice / pasta in, wait till it goes soft all the way through and don't let it stick to the sides. Simple right? no, he has to get me or my mum to do that part.

He makes very good Irish stew but I hate the taste of lamb so one time I asked him if he could make me some seperately but with pork instead of lamb. He really didn't understand what I meant, so after explaining to him how it should all be the same, except using pork instead of lamb, he finally got what I meant... or so I thought. So later when it was ready, he presented me with some weird gravy like substance with some pork in it.

Think I'll just have some Pop Tarts for dinner tomorrow.

My dad's cooking. Okay, some things he does cook well but most of the time he just throws random things together, its like "We need to eat, lets try and use up as many things as we can in one go", plus I think all his years of smoking, drinking and drowning so much of his food in vinegar has killed off most of his taste buds.

I'm actually writing this as I am eating. We had some chicken breast that I was looking forward to, I have the Villa cookbook that came out a couple of years ago and I have to say Agbonlahor's jerk chicken is one of my favourite meals so I was looking forward to making that, but my dad got to the chicken first.

So right now I am eating chicken that has been fried too long on one side with a packet of 8p instant noodles with some weird tomato and chilli paste stirred into it :notsure:

Also he will give me the same amount of food he has, which is quite a bit because he has quite a physical job so he needs to eat which is fair enough, but I am small, thin, I have a job where I probably do less phsyical activity than I did when I was out of work so I just don't need to eat that much. Then if I don't eat every last bit he takes it as a personal insult.

If we have pies as part of our dinner, he will microwave them so we get these mushy sweaty little lumps instead of that nice puffed out soft pastry that the oven will give.

Also he just can't understand rice or pasta. Boil some water, put the rice / pasta in, wait till it goes soft all the way through and don't let it stick to the sides. Simple right? no, he has to get me or my mum to do that part.

He makes very good Irish stew but I hate the taste of lamb so one time I asked him if he could make me some seperately but with pork instead of lamb. He really didn't understand what I meant, so after explaining to him how it should all be the same, except using pork instead of lamb, he finally got what I meant... or so I thought. So later when it was ready, he presented me with some weird gravy like substance with some pork in it.

Think I'll just have some Pop Tarts for dinner tomorrow.

Brilliant :clap:

I've mentioned this before, but it's bubbled to the surface again.

The misuse of the words "bought" and "brought". it's not hard, morons!

You're in finance, you should know the difference! :lol:

It hacks me off so I agree.

Ajax - you make this thread, your rants are great to peruse.:clap:

Â