EPPP & Villa: Threatening to stop developing British Players

HalfTimePost

this is a disgraceful move and if wasnt bad enough structure this EPPP will move English football back a further 20 years.

some lower league clubs have already closed or planning to close their academies and youth teams because of it. Yeovil is one and think Wycombe is planning close theirs next

Thing is, the league is structured in a way so that it benefits the richer more successful clubs. The Premier league has only ever cared about cash, and until these richer clubs finally piss off and join a European super league then it will continue to be like this.

Outside of Villa, I no longer have interest in others results, cant be arsed with the league table, and can no longer stand watching it on TV due to the constant milking of clubs like Manure.

What im saying is, we should not be surprised that this is filtering down to the youth set ups and academies. I fully endorse Bryan Jones standpoint, and to be honest, the job he has done at Villa,if anyone knows whats needed then he does.

Edited by MagicMushroom

You see i keep saying the greed in the game will eventually & is already destroying it.. It is becoming farcical really..the greedy glutinous clubs at the top Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U  etc are just ruining the game by creating such an unlevel playing field & as is the case here sucking up all the best young players before they have even had chance to develop properly & then not letting them finish their development by them not getting enough chances to play in the 1st team.

A shocking state of affairs & its frankly a disgrace that this has not been dealt with. They moan at the state of the pathetic England team & then allow this to go on at grass roots level... Unbelievable!

Don't blame Villa at all if they stop wasting their time & money doing it.

Why don't the FA just bring in a rule that every single decent player in the country is only allowed to sign for a Sky 4 team and be done with it. In fact why not just create a league of 4 teams who all play each other 20 times a season then they can all maybe realise that their is actually a point in the other 15 Premier League clubs being there.

A wise old Chinese man once say: "Men do not desire to watch a strong man fight a weak one?!"

its not called the Greed is Good league for nothing

Football has ceased to be a sport and become an entertainment program for sky, who then peddle the rights to the highest bidder. Honestly, its fast becoming a gimmick like Wrestling and the Harlem Globetrotters. 

And we fans are equally guilty since its us that give sky our subscriptions and pay the inflated prices at matches.

Have we lost a few young players lately? I don't really know.

Danny Crowley, 'The Next Wilshere', moved to Arsenal for a measly £200k.

Cheers mate, damn that sucks.. I think it's time that we just **** off producing English talent and just buy cheap talent where ever we can find it.

Football has ceased to be a sport and become an entertainment program for sky, who then peddle the rights to the highest bidder. Honestly, its fast becoming a gimmick like Wrestling and the Harlem Globetrotters. 

And we fans are equally guilty since its us that give sky our subscriptions and pay the inflated prices at matches.

Well don't, it's the easiest thing in the world to stream matches, and in high quality to.

Cheers mate, damn that sucks.. I think it's time that we just **** off producing English talent and just buy cheap talent where ever we can find it.

Well don't, it's the easiest thing in the world to stream matches, and in high quality to.

Must admit that when im not paying through my nose through the gates, its my first port of call. I have my sky box, but ive refused to pay them for two years so am restricted to free view.

I would include our bunch in that too from an International level. We haven't really produced anyone good enough yet. Our best would be Gareth Barry, who could be attributed to other teams, and Gary Cahill.

Neither of which are anywhere near good enough to be the difference between England and Spain/Germany.

Thats not to say the next bunch aren't going to be good enough, Gardner, Grealish, Graham, Crowley are all very highly rated and will probably (hopefully) be the best bunch we have ever produced.

However as much as I like them, none of these have done anything yet, Germany and Spain have players really pulling up trees at the age of Gardner/Graham.

But I suppose thats always been our problem, successfully transferring these great youth talents into first team stars.

I would include our bunch in that too from an International level. We haven't really produced anyone good enough yet. Our best would be Gareth Barry, who could be attributed to other teams, and Gary Cahill.

If could count him Thomas Hitzlsperger 50 caps for Germany would probably be best

Neither of which are anywhere near good enough to be the difference between England and Spain/Germany.

Thats not to say the next bunch aren't going to be good enough, Gardner, Grealish, Graham, Crowley are all very highly rated and will probably (hopefully) be the best bunch we have ever produced.

However as much as I like them, none of these have done anything yet, Germany and Spain have players really pulling up trees at the age of Gardner/Graham.

But I suppose thats always been our problem, successfully transferring these great youth talents into first team stars.

Or perhaps they just weren't good enough.

Never have I seen modern football summed up so brilliantly in so few words! Bravo. Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

cahill and barry arent even ours, we poached them at 16, barry came from brighton, along with michael standing

our own nearest achievements are the likes of agbonlahor, vassell, luke and stefan moore, and even lee hendrie... ye, shocking isnt it!

i agree there should be more control to stop the bore 4 from poaching lads so their developments can be finished at the club they started at

Cheers, I've just read on another forum that he's bossing an U21 game even though he's 15, picking up two assists. Kinda makes me feel sick.

Â