EPPP & Villa: Threatening to stop developing British Players

HalfTimePost

I find it bizarre that players are so keen to leave clubs at 13/14/15. Why exactly? They're not paid are they? What are they given exactly? 

I presume they're paid. But it's hard to hold onto someone who's been offered a place at a more famous club. Plus read the spoiler of the OP.

they cant be paid, they cant sign a pro contract until 16, not sure what the rules are on incentives, especially with the likes of relocating the family home etc

works both ways, this kid might think that arsenal have a better youth set up than us and will help him become a better player, on the other hand carruthers moved from arsenal to us because he thought his progression from the youth team to the 1st team would be easier

Have we lost a few young players lately? I don't really know.

Danny Crowley, 'The Next Wilshere', moved to Arsenal for a measly £200k.

Cheers, I've just read on another forum that he's bossing an U21 game even though he's 15, picking up two assists. Kinda makes me feel sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksi0BbwfmeQ

Cheers, I've just read on another forum that he's bossing an U21 game even though he's 15, picking up two assists. Kinda makes me feel sick.

It was probably his performance in that game that drew the Arsenal scouts :(

It was probably his performance in that game that drew the Arsenal scouts :(

We beat them 6-0, mental. Clearly we have a great academy set-up and we should be rightly rewarded for players being poached.

No point investing millions and millions of pounds if the players can be picked up for a few hundred thousand, doesn't make any sense at all from a business perspective.

I would include our bunch in that too from an International level. We haven't really produced anyone good enough yet. Our best would be Gareth Barry, who could be attributed to other teams, and Gary Cahill.

Neither of which are anywhere near good enough to be the difference between England and Spain/Germany.

Thats not to say the next bunch aren't going to be good enough, Gardner, Grealish, Graham, Crowley are all very highly rated and will probably (hopefully) be the best bunch we have ever produced.

However as much as I like them, none of these have done anything yet, Germany and Spain have players really pulling up trees at the age of Gardner/Graham.

But I suppose thats always been our problem, successfully transferring these great youth talents into first team stars.

That's really all its about First Team.....If they don't make the first team with any kind of impact I'm struggling to see what the academy is all about.

.....also Shouldn't Southampton get a mention bringing through Bale, Walcott and now Luke Shaw and moons ago Le tissier

Is this thread about "British" talent or "English" talent?  The title is a little confusing.

British I think. 

We should force Cardiff and Swansea to develop English talent.

Â