Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think we will smash our transfer record!? maybe on Micah Richards :P

Nope to both :wink:

I am surprised Barton is moving during the sale of Man City, i will be even more surprised if Richards does! ;)

i agree with ianrobo that there is no point talking about Barton. He is off to Newcastle which probably makes him more of a tosser than he is now. I live up north and i can tell you that Man City fans are delighted to see him leave.

My feeling on this is that there are three players that are relatively similar in terms of ability.

Parker and NRC have each had the odd stunning season and since gone off the boil, albeit in NRC's case there have been mitigating circumstances, having hate male from your own fans will piss you off, don't care who you are.

Parker had one sensational season at Charlton, went to Chelsea did **** all, then to Newcastle and didn't do much there either. He's seen the dollar signs and bright lights of London at West Ham - they're welcome to him.

Barton is a an absolute lunatic, a good player yes and would be a bit cheaper, but we no longer have to worry about the odd two million quid here or there.

Getting NRC away from London and in with MON will IMO be the making of him, I think he could be excellent for us.

I am surprised Barton is moving during the sale of Man City, i will be even more surprised if Richards does! ;)

I know I'm not supposed to mention this player, but Micah Richards would be the answer to a prayer IMO. Competition would be stiff though.

I know I'm not supposed to mention this player, but Micah Richards would be the answer to a prayer IMO. Competition would be stiff though.

Definitely agrees with the old one. but also thinks that Jez is right on that one. But I think we'll smash the record at least once this summer. Just a feeling. Doubt it'll be Richards, though, even if I don't think he's that ungettable for us.

We will break it but not on Micah Richards but on a striker.

Defoe perhaps?

I think it would take a bid breaking our transfer record to get him away from Spuds. Obviously boil down to how much MON wants him and if he will leave London!

If we were to bid for Richards and it was accepted it would very quickly be matched by Chelsea and if Benitez could get the dough out of the American's pockets, Liverpool. He wouldn't be coming here anyway and I don't think he would offer value for money.

If Ashley Young is as good as MO'N hopes he will be then he will have cost us £9.65m not £8m and Petrov will be £8m not £6.5m, tells me that we are in the market for a player worth up to £15m if they come along.

some people do u think NRC is done deal by tuesday
he said on sky sports interview he wouldnt do anything til after euro under21

No he never. He said he was focusing on the U21 until a club spoke to west ham about a transfer.