Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

And people should not read too much into what the media says about certain players. The picture of Barton is probably 10 times worse than it really is you know, but bugger now that he's signing for another club I guess we can't believe anything else. Same with NRC, if he's signing for Villa I guess what he did over at West Ham was never his fault at all ;)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end;

Fans of NUFC will claim Barton is better than NRC and Parker,

Villa fans will claim NRC is the best and WH the same about Parker.

All the other fans would say they are equally good. And that's probably

the truth. Barton and Parker knows how to pass and perhaps score a few

whilst NRC works better in defence even though he is crap in attack and

the team suffer a little bit from it.

Barton and Parker really don't score that many goals!

If West Ham fans really hated NRC as much as they go on they do, why this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKLKWAqPha8&mode=related&search=

At Wigan at the end of the season.

Tevez scored the goals, NRC was the man in the middle!!

They don't think he's shite at all, they're just gutted he's leaving. We'll love him.

I value these chants from the WHU supporters that actually go to the games rather than those on message boards that hate him because their mates do!

Reo Coker does not thrill me in the slightest. Don't think he's up to snuff for the next level of Villadom. Scott Parker is a nobody who will do nothing with a nothing team. Joey Barton is the midfielder we should be buying, despite his baggage, he's still young, and MON will have a settling effect on the boy, unlike PHSYCO. Reo Coker was an invisible man on a shite team last year, AND he was the captain. Says alot, no?

And Barton was very visible! He had his arse hanging out at **** Goodison Park! How can you settle someone that strts fights on 15 year old boys, starts fights on his fellow team members and shows kids in the family stand his cholate starfish? Newcastle will be signing another clearing in the woods to join the likes of Dyer who has been a bit lonely since that other plank Bowyer left!

I like buying good young english talent it is kind of right.

NRC ticks a lot of boxes I think the new villa is about

I would rather buy a 23yo with 8 years in front of him rather than a 27/28 yo

Just hope NRC signs in the next 2 days before he goes away with the u21's and puts him self in the shop window for Spurs and Arsenal. I think were the only team in for him right now and if he dont sign before Tuesday i suggest we look elsewhere because his agent just causes trouble looking for more money . So the rumours was over the weekend we are talking to the player monday or tuesday should be deal done and a very good signing i think. On to the next Gordon

The way I see the NRC situation, is that he's raw talent much like Gabby, Young & Cahill, and we saw flashes last season what MON can do when he gets to work with this sort of talent. If we sign NRC then we'll have potentially 4 England internationals for the future.

On the other hand, with this streak of youth in the side, we need to balance it up with a couple of experienced, proven players. (Lahm & Defoe anyone?)

Reo Coker does not thrill me in the slightest. Don't think he's up to snuff for the next level of Villadom. Scott Parker is a nobody who will do nothing with a nothing team. Joey Barton is the midfielder we should be buying, despite his baggage, he's still young, and MON will have a settling effect on the boy, unlike PHSYCO. Reo Coker was an invisible man on a shite team last year, AND he was the captain. Says alot, no?

And Barton was very visible! He had his arse hanging out at **** Goodison Park! How can you settle someone that strts fights on 15 year old boys, starts fights on his fellow team members and shows kids in the family stand his cholate starfish? Newcastle will be signing another clearing in the woods to join the likes of Dyer who has been a bit lonely since that other plank Bowyer left!

How could Man U keep a player like Eric Cantona, who lost his **** mind and karate kicked a fan at Selhurst Park?

How Could Man U keep a player like Alan Smith who routinely goes in with dirty tackles?

How could Newcastle keep Keiron Dyer for having a punch up with his own teamate on the pitch?

How could Liverpool keep Riise and Bellamy after they fought in a hotel lobby?

These are footballers, not poets.

How could Man U keep a player like Eric Cantona, who lost his **** mind and karate kicked a fan at Selhurst Park?

How Could Man U keep a player like Alan Smith who routinely goes in with dirty tackles?

How could Newcastle keep Keiron Dyer for having a punch up with his own teamate on the pitch?

How could Liverpool keep Riise and Bellamy after they fought in a hotel lobby?

Man City didn't play much football last season did they? Either way I am glad he is on his way to Newcastle they deserve each other. All of those teams above were protecting their investment, Man City couldn't because of a minimum fee release clause, otherwise they may have kept him sweet to get an extra couple of million for him.

Bring the boy to Brum, outside of the Manc-Pool cauldron, get him away from his past, give him a calming influence like MON, and let him flourish. If not us, then someone else will buy him and reap the rewards for many a year. He is a standout talent. We need a commanding force in midfield. he is young. He has grit. All the elements are there for him to develop into a mature, dominating player. So what if he's a nutter, most teams have one or two.

debating about Joey Barton on this thread is irelevant isn't it, I know this is a specualtion thread but I have never seen any indication MON and Villa want him

I haven't seen any indication MON and Villa want Ronaldinho either.

There is a difference between nutters a la Roy Keane, Alan Smith and Joey Barton. His excess baggage overrides his footballing ability IMO.
Most of the grit Barton displays is OFF the pitch.

Nice to know some footballers aren't poets and that what we need is a nutter, Maqroll!

How could Man U keep a player like Eric Cantona, who lost his **** mind and karate kicked a fan at Selhurst Park?...

Merde alors! You must be crazee!

Monsieur Cantona, 'e ees a poet of the highest standing!

And you, you must be one of the seagulls who follow the trawler...

I spit in your general direction...

How could Man U keep a player like Eric Cantona, who lost his **** mind and karate kicked a fan at Selhurst Park?...

You obviously missed my point, Pierre. DESPITE reckless violence and beligerence, a player can and should find a team that can manage his idiosyncrisies. Now go crawl into a corner and surrender.

You obviously missed my point, Pierre. DESPITE reckless violence and beligerence, a player can and should find a team that can manage his idiosyncrisies. Now go crawl into a corner and surrender.

Depends on the player though doesn't it - Cantona was the difference between winning the league and coming second. Barton doesn't offer that level of return, just gobby sound bites to the press about how shit his team mates are and the odd bit of GBH during training for good measure.

If we have other options, and it would appear we do, we should steer well clear.

Non! You have missed my point...

He is a poet...

...but I reject the quotidien explanation of the ground staff. It was poetry, nothing less.