Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Totus Bramble is to be one of our first summer signings, I do not think he will be announced on his own. I think it will be alongside another player, possibly two.

I can imagine the press conference.

MON: "Esteemed members of the press, fans, board members. I would like to welcome our two new signings, Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Ronaldinho. Oh and by the way, we got Titus Shambles too. That will be all."

MON beats a hasty exit from the press conference leaving everyone stunned and bemused as Shambles trips over the table and spills his water.

Can't really see it happening, can you?

Ronaldinho and Huntelaar signing?! No. :P

I can't believe I just read the last 23 pages that I had missed from last night, and the biggest link is to Titus Bramble!! Why do I bother?!

There was that more 'official' link, if you like, to Joey Barton, and he would be a FANTASTIC signing!

Get him in MON. Pass, shoot, tackles, has fight in him - would be a crowd favourite IMO.

Clubs can agree deals outside the windows, but the players can't train or move to the clubs til the window opens e.g. Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson - ManUre, Muntary - Pompey, Samuel - Bolton, Toni - Bayern, etc

I hope you are all sitting down because I've just been told, by a normally reliable source, that we are currently holding talks with Titus Bramble :shock:

Oh jesus god no!

If Mon wants him.....

Whacha gonna do?

Not give him a chance, he might be good?

Or just not support Villa.... remember this post? well i did :winkold:

So you were told Bent is in Mere Green. You didn't actually see him yourself?

A few of the lads in my office went over there for lunch and they saw him. They are dirty noses and came back going mad about it. Obviously I knew i'd get abused for posting it but....bovvered.

I'm not abusing you. I just wanted to know if you saw him or somebody else did.

Not you mate, but wait for school to finish..

Villa linked with Finnan raid

May 31, 2007

Aston Villa manager Martin O’Neill is reportedly interesting in pinching Irish full back Steve Finnan from Liverpool.

Finnan is on the verge of agreeing a new contract at Anfield after helping the Reds to last week’s Uefa Champions League final.

However, manager Rafa Benitez has already signed a potential replacement for the 31-year-old defender in the shape of Alvaro Arbeloa - and rumours continue to link the Spaniard with a big-money move for Sevilla’s brilliant Brazilian Daniel Alves.

And that has prompted O’Neill to intervene with an offer to take the former Fulham star to Villa Park.

Thursday’s Irish Sun reports that the Villa chief is willing to splash out €3.8m, or approximately St£2.5m, to land the Irish star this summer.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=27943

Would really welcome this signing. He sets up so many of Liverpool's goals, aswel as being a very good defender! Older than I thought, but for that kinda money, I'd take him. There's a reason why he is normally one of the most expensive defenders on fantasy premierleague!! lol.

So you were told Bent is in Mere Green. You didn't actually see him yourself?

A few of the lads in my office went over there for lunch and they saw him. They are dirty noses and came back going mad about it. Obviously I knew i'd get abused for posting it but....bovvered.

I'm not abusing you. I just wanted to know if you saw him or somebody else did.

I'm abusing you. You know nothing. You embarrassed yourself in January - don't do it again now.

Go away small boy

May 31, 2007

Aston Villa manager Martin O’Neill is reportedly interesting in pinching Irish full back Steve Finnan from Liverpool.

Finnan is on the verge of agreeing a new contract at Anfield after helping the Reds to last week’s Uefa Champions League final.

However, manager Rafa Benitez has already signed a potential replacement for the 31-year-old defender in the shape of Alvaro Arbeloa - and rumours continue to link the Spaniard with a big-money move for Sevilla’s brilliant Brazilian Daniel Alves.

And that has prompted O’Neill to intervene with an offer to take the former Fulham star to Villa Park.

Thursday’s Irish Sun reports that the Villa chief is willing to splash out €3.8m, or approximately St£2.5m, to land the Irish star this summer.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=27943

Would really welcome this signing. He sets up so many of Liverpool's goals, aswel as being a very good defender! Older than I thought, but for that kinda money, I'd take him. There's a reason why he is normally one of the most expensive defenders on fantasy premierleague!! lol.

May 31, 2007

Clubs can agree deals outside the windows, but the players can't train or move to the clubs til the window opens e.g. Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson - ManUre, Muntary - Pompey, Samuel - Bolton, Toni - Bayern, etc

I'm pretty sure the players won't be training until pre season, which is sometime at the end of June I think?

However the player’s registration does not effect where they can train or if they can play in friendly matches as it only affects them appearing in competitive games.

Or so I understand?

Ah the man Liverpool fans claim are as good as Gary Neville and the most under-rated player in the Premiership. I differ to that claim though, but he is one very good right back and would suit us perfectly.

Not a massive Finnan fan, but at £2.5mil he would be a good buy. Ideally we would also sign another right back for competition with him then, perhaps a youngster and see the back of hughes, most likely to fulham for a mil.

Didn't realise Finnan was so old. A class and under-rated, if unspectacular player. Whilst I'd welcome him with open arms, i have a natural aversion to us signing players from Liverpool. I'm sick of the arrogant Scousers going on about us taking their cast offs!

Finnan would be an awesome signing but i think there is very little in this

If we sign Bramble i will be very embarrased

Finnan's too old. Bramble is complete garbage. If we sign the latter then maybe we don't have as much money as we thought we had.

I think both stories are rubbish anyway (he's says in hope)