Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

but he didn't have the money to buy great foreigners then, so instead of gambling on ok foreign players he bought ok players he new from his rime in england. Valgaren and Balde being exceptions..

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RB is the big mystery for me.

We definitely need one, Hughes has been linked with Fulham again today, and that would leave us with Mellberg and Delaney.

I think we probably need two, one to take a risk with for the future (which might still be Bardsley given the praise MON lavished on him at the player of the year awards) and one quality one as a starter.

There doesn't seem a lot out there though, maybe Glen Johnson, Luke Young, that fella at the Albion or your man Heitinga up above. I guess at a push we might go for Micah Richards, but I just don't see any of these as the signing we'd be after.

Anyone heard any whispers of who we're looking at ?

According to a Norwegian TV channel Celtic are stepping up their search for a new goalkeeper, and were spotted watching Rami Shaaban, formerly at Arsenal, in action yesterday for his current club Fredrikstad.

Seems they are set to lose Boruc then...To us maybe?

Bellamy not so keen on the Villa it seems

Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy shrugged off speculation over his future after his goal scoring performance for Wales in Saturday's 2-2 draw with New Zealand.

He said: "Everywhere I go there is speculation. There was talk of Aston Villa wanting me within a couple of months of me arriving at Liverpool, and that situation doesn't seem to have gone away.

"They have always been there it seems. For me, I have three years left on my Liverpool contract and I have the Czech match next. Then I have the summer and Liverpool to think of for next season, it's as simple as that.

"Athens has gone, and that's the only way I can deal with that. And it would be nice if I had a summer without speculation.

"It's amazing, though, that my price keeps going up, but it's never quiet for me during the season or the off-season, is it? I don't expect anything else."

Bellamy was able to add to his recent good record at the Racecourse, with four goals in his last three games at the north Wales ground for club and country.

He said: "I was happy with the two goals, but playing for Wales is very important to me, I keep saying that it is vital for me to play for my country.

"I try to get goals, I want more caps. That is enough motivation for me.

"I am never worried about what has gone, what is behind me in my career. I never think about such things.

"For me it is all about the next game against the Czechs. Last Wednesday is gone now, the week before has gone. There's nothing I can do to change any of that.

"All I can do is train well and gear myself up for an important match for my country next weekend.

"All that interests me is the Czech Republic. Then I have got three years left on my contract at Liverpool, that is all that bothers me."

Bellamy speaks

Hasn't Kompany been injured for the last year and half (pretty much)???

I'd be suprised if MON went for a defender with a history of injury problems considering we already have Laursen and Delany to keep the physios busy....

Kompany would be a good player though - if fit... Never played in a decent league though...

Well it looks like the Fabiano rumours that were going around the other day might be true

Villa boss O'Neill ponders Fabiano bid

tribalfooball.com - May 27, 2007

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is weighing up a move for Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano.

The Brazil international has been forced to play second fiddle to Fredi Kanoute this season and is considering his options ahead of the summer market.

O'Neill has had Fabiano watched in recent months and is considering the Brazilian as part of the Villa Park revolution.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=41179

It was said that Mon was at a Seville game the other day so i guess he was there to watch Fabiano, i remember when he was making waves in Brazil and scoring an amazing amount of goals, he got his big chance at Porto but it never worked out for him there, then he moved to Seville and he seems to have done well, when i look at his record this season it's actually very impressive,

he's played 29 games and has scored 13 goals,

3 goals in 7 matches in the uefa cup

and 10 goals in 22 la liga matches

He's only 26 and can only improve, from what i've seen he's got nice skills and can finish very well, imo he's one of those players who could easliy come to the premiership and have a Berbatov or Mccarthy impact, the only thing is he's got a bit of a temper on him though so he has been sent off a few times but it's nothing Mon couldn't address imo,

i think he'd be an exciting signing and he could play alongside any of our forwards.

Some vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh4pqY9zsSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_77iU-GvcM

Well it looks like the Fabiano rumours that were going around the other day might be true

Villa boss O'Neill ponders Fabiano bid

tribalfooball.com - May 27, 2007

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is weighing up a move for Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano.

The Brazil international has been forced to play second fiddle to Fredi Kanoute this season and is considering his options ahead of the summer market.

O'Neill has had Fabiano watched in recent months and is considering the Brazilian as part of the Villa Park revolution.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=41179

It was said that Mon was at a Seville game the other day so i guess he was there to watch Fabiano, i remember when he was making waves in Brazil and scoring an amazing amount of goals, he got his big chance at Porto but it never worked out for him there, then he moved to Seville and he seems to have done well, when i look at his record this season it's actually very impressive,

he's played 29 games and has scored 13 goals,

3 goals in 7 matches in the uefa cup

and 10 goals in 22 la liga matches

He's only 26 and can only improve, from what i've seen he's got nice skills and can finish very well, imo he's one of those players who could easliy come to the premiership and have a Berbatov or Mccarthy impact, the only thing is he's got a bit of a temper on him though so he has been sent off a few times but it's nothing Mon couldn't address imo,

i think he'd be an exciting signing and he could play alongside any of our forwards.

Problem is tribalfootball tends to make up bullshit.Would love Fabiano at villa and maybe a bid for his teammate dani alves also.

All set for another day in which someone or other will wail "Why haven't we signed anybody yet? It's May 28 already!" Ready, steady, go!

Brie, Roquefort, Pont-l'Évêque, Port Salut, Savoyard, Saint-Paulin, Carre-de-L'Est, Boursin, Bresse-Bleu, Perle de Champagne, Camembert?
Sorry sir, I'm afraid they're not for sale.

All set for another day in which someone or other will wail "Why haven't we signed anybody yet? It's May 28 already!" Ready, steady, go!
Brie, Roquefort, Pont-l'Évêque, Port Salut, Savoyard, Saint-Paulin, Carre-de-L'Est, Boursin, Bresse-Bleu, Perle de Champagne, Camembert?

Glad they aren't for sale, they are all shit

Berthaut's Epoisses and Comte are what we want, you stupid or something

Glad they aren't for sale, they are all shit

Berthaut's Epoisses and Comte are what we want, you stupid or something

Boursin ain't shit! You clearly know nothing!

Heres a youtube clip that proves everything and thus my word cannot be doubted:

Foo'

off sky sports "your view"

A relative of mine works at Villa Park and he says he saw Bellamy and Matt Taylor getting out of a car with Martin O'Neill and he also says that they are close to completing a deal with Man City for Joey Barton.

dan tedd - walsall

A relative of mine works at Villa Park and he says he saw Bellamy and Matt Taylor getting out of a car with Martin O'Neill

Wow, must have been a bit of a squash in that car.

Unless Bellamy was driving I suppose.

No way we're paying 12 mill for bellamy.10mill would be a stretch already.6mill would be fair.I don't see why his value has increased while he was playing for liverpool.he hasn't exactly been prolific or done much good.