Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think Strachan took Boruc to Celtic so it is incidental which club he plays for.

it was martin o'neill who originally tried to sign him, then he left and strachan continued the deal.

i'd take either bellamy or bent, but it will be bellamy we sign so we may as well get use to it IMO

interesting to see robbie keane has 21 goals this season, just shows if you give a quality striker plenty of opportunities he will put the ball in the back of the net.

judging on tevez's first season in the premiership, i think he could manage 20 goals in a season also, he's had alot of bad luck i.e when the ball hit the inside of the post today, or he could create a lot more goals for someone like gabby

not that i think we wil sign him, but i just think he could well get near 20 goals in a season in the future

To be honest i wouldn't say it's a done deal yet, even though the link is strong we've also been very strongly linked with Defoe too, to the point where talksport had a show asking callers if he's making the right choice by moving to villa park before the window closed at the start of this season and we were again strongly linked with him in Janaury, and with Defoe coming out and saying he's not happy about being on the bench i'd bet money we'll be linked with him again very soon, the main thing for me is getting a striker who can at least get 15 and over, Defoe and Bent for me would be certs to get there while i'm not so sure about Bellamy, we've got the funds now, we need to be certain we're getting the best we possibly can get.

I have big issues with Bellamy coming to villa, not because I don't think he is a good player but more so because of the potential s**t he would cause within the team.

I know a lot keep on saying they would like a dare I say it robbie savage kind of character on the pitch but someone who alegedly attacks a team mate with a golf club, beats up women in clubs and seems to stir up a storm with nearly every club he goes to can't be a good thing.

(Alegedly with all of the above of course)

Spurs wud be idiots to sell Keane, the sorta form he's in.

I have to sit on the fence with regard to Bellamy, can see both sides but the argument for Bent seems sound if we can get him (why not?)

Remember we're building for the future so I would think MON would be after youngsters a la Ashley Young and if Villa is known as a club with opportunites to young players then we could attract any number of talented players.

Tevez would be signing of the century, but it looks like all the top European teams will be in for him so not much chance there. Who'd rather live in Birmingham than Madrid?

Leighton Baines anyone?! Would prove a tasty battle between himself and Bouma. Doing nothing at Wigan.

Joey Barton would be a great signing. As for Bellamy - Hmmm, undecided completely.

Would like Boruc, but I do still rate Sorensen.

I've only seen Barnes in highlights, and he looks a heck of a player. What's his workrate like ?

Spurs have no doubt snapped him up. They get all these young English talents! Bar Young of course ;-)

Although prob a non starter but none of the top clubs have gone for them yet after a good few years of rumours??. i would like us to go for the following Euro Talent:-

Klass Jan Huntelaar

Philip Lahm (would be class at right back)

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Isn't Mark Viduka out of contract in Summer? he would be good on a free! Got lots of skill and would set up Gabby etc all the time

No.

Maybe in O'leary's era! Not this one.

Not for me I'm afraid. He's playing well at the moment because he wants a new contract and he's in the shop window.

Hasn't done anything for years!

Although prob a non starter but none of the top clubs have gone for them yet after a good few years of rumours??. i would like us to go for the following Euro Talent:-

Klass Jan Huntelaar

Philip Lahm (would be class at right back)

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Would jump at the chance for all of them but i'd highly doubt any of them would join.

Baines was awful yesterday against The Spammers.

Cameroon midfielder Achille Emana could be on his way to Aston Villa from Toulouse this summer. (NOTW)

Anybody know anything about this guy?

Does he play for Celtic? :winkold:

The more I think about it, the more I think the Defoe link will resurface again strongly in the summer as I think MON rates him a lot and I'd rather have him than Bellamy as he scores more goals. Only problem is that he dosen't strike me as the sort who'll want to leave London.

I can't believe people are saying that we don't need another striker. I think Gabby is going to have serious second-season burnout next season - particularly as he will be playing in the u21 championships in the summer as well - so we can't rely on him to the level we have this season. We absolutely need at least 1 more striker. And for me it needs to be a goalscorer. Bellamy isn't really that to the level of a Defoe or Bent.