Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at first reo coker and bellendamy were players i wished we could sign, that was in DOL's last season.

my expectations are higher then players like them now, be it unrealistic or otherwise, neither of these players make me think we are moving forwards.

players we should be capable of getting this summer include the likes of

Yakubu

Wayne Bridge

MGP

Parker

Finnan

Greg Halford

Matt Murray or some goalkeeper that everyone is saying we are getting

although i have never seen him so cant really comment.

we also need at least 1 good centreback

i think we need at least 2 STAR players, by that i mean players who people would think " ooh, hang on, how have they got them?" type players.

1 should be a centre half, the other should be a midfielder.

but we should be aiming for the above list or higher in my view for this coming season.

parker, barton or nolan would be perfect...

Parker hasn't exactly set the world alight up in Newcastle. He's kind of like a poor man's Petrov...

Jesus.... you reall, REALLY can't rate Parker!! Poor man's Petrov, does that mean Newcastle will pay us to sign him??

Scott Parker is the absolute epitome of the average Premiership footballer, and not the kind of player we should be signing.

And who on earth thinks Liverpool are going to want to sell Finnan, who has been one of their most consistent players this season? And more's the point, why would Finnan want to leave a CL semi final (at least) club for a mid table one?

Yakubu

Wayne Bridge

MGP

Parker

Finnan

Greg Halford

Matt Murray or some goalkeeper that everyone is saying we are getting

although i have never seen him so cant really comment.

Yakubu: Rated him before he went to Boro', think he would be a good player to get.

Bridge: Yes a very good player but has signed a new deal at Chelsea pretty much stating "Yes I am very happy to be on a fat salary despite I probably will never get into the team with Ashley Cole now signed for Chelsea." He will stay at Chelsea for a while...

MGP: Yes.

Parker: Him, Milner and Given are the only players that are actually making Newcastle actually play/win. If a three man team can win games then those three players could be pretty good.

Finnan: Would he leave Liverpool?

Halford: Seemed good at Colchester, not sure how he has got on at Reading.

Matt Murray: Good rep but also never seen. I do get the impression though another keeper will be bought.

I am getting the impression that Barton is getting fed up of the lack of progress at Man City and could vey well leave at the end of the season: Unhappy. We MUST sign him!

Craig Bellamy

I think our interest is there but I hope we don't sign him in the summer. He is a very good footballer, he has a killer instinct like few others and knows where the goal is. We all know of his bad sides, but should we really blind ourselves and take a chance on him? He is the player who seem to fall out with people wherever he is, why would it be differently at the Villa? He is somewhat a player who dips very much in form over a season, would we be able to change that over here? Sure we could easily argue that MON is the type of manager who gets the best out of people, but players like Petrov and Davis easily springs to mind. He is no miracle worker judging by the first year at the helm. Talking in favour of Bellamy I would mention his relationship with MON and his fantastic season at Blackburn that earned him a move to Liverpool. However, I think buying their left-overs yet again would be a step in the wrong direction. If MON is interested in him it means he wants a rapid striker who can feed off Carew's headers better than Moore/Agbonlahor can, any better suggestions? The only one I can really think of is Jermain Defoe, although I am not sure I want him either!

One thing I do think we lack, that Bellamy brings loads of is a good referee botherer.

I see referee's influenced by the actions of players from other sides constantly, whereas refs have an easy ride from the players at Villa Park. Bellamy talks at Referee's non stop.

Craig Bellamy

I think our interest is there but I hope we don't sign him in the summer. He is a very good footballer, he has a killer instinct like few others and knows where the goal is. We all know of his bad sides, but should we really blind ourselves and take a chance on him? He is the player who seem to fall out with people wherever he is, why would it be differently at the Villa? He is somewhat a player who dips very much in form over a season, would we be able to change that over here? Sure we could easily argue that MON is the type of manager who gets the best out of people, but players like Petrov and Davis easily springs to mind. He is no miracle worker judging by the first year at the helm. Talking in favour of Bellamy I would mention his relationship with MON and his fantastic season at Blackburn that earned him a move to Liverpool. However, I think buying their left-overs yet again would be a step in the wrong direction. If MON is interested in him it means he wants a rapid striker who can feed off Carew's headers better than Moore/Agbonlahor can, any better suggestions? The only one I can really think of is Jermain Defoe, although I am not sure I want him either!

...... eidur gudjonssen for me.

One thing I do think we lack, that Bellamy brings loads of is a good referee botherer.

I see referee's influenced by the actions of players from other sides constantly, whereas refs have an easy ride from the players at Villa Park. Bellamy talks at Referee's non stop.

...... good point.

I would welcome Eidur Gudjohnsen with open arms, he is a very smart player no doubt about it.

I think the clue for us to sign such players is to do a quick deal and negotiate terms before every

other club with money comes on the field to play.

I would welcome Eidur Gudjohnsen with open arms, he is a very smart player no doubt about it.

I think the clue for us to sign such players is to do a quick deal and negotiate terms before every

other club with money comes on the field to play.

Linked to ManU not so long ago i think.

Reo Coker's a clearing in the woods.

Exactly the type of player we don't want at the club.

Exactly the sort of player we DO need at the Villa. We've been to light, to nice, to fullof pussies for too long now.

MON linked with Bellamy and the like. He's not stupid. It';s about f**kin time we had a team that ruffled a few feathers. I;m sick and tired of us being light weight mentally as well as physically, I wnt a team that the oppoisition hat eplaying aginst not just cos of their skill but cos they know we will be at them all game in every aspect, mentally as well.

Bring it on I say! and MON likes these sort of players and knows how to get the best out of them!

Where's this bad reputation for NRC coming from?

Has he done something wrong?

Please tell me.

Well, he was the first player to be on TV bragging about 'roasting'

He's part of the 'Baby Bentley' culture at West Ham.

Then there are rumours that he's Billy Big Bollocks in the changing room, telling his teammates that he's good enough for Arsenal and the only reason he isn't there is because West Ham stopped him from moving on the last day of the transfer window.

And he was an arse during Pardew's last days at the club.

He strikes me as having a Carlton Cole type attitude. I don't think we need players like him, signing him would be to the detriment of the squad IMO.

Lol no facts about Nigel just pure speculation and rumours!!, it's clear people are judging him more by their personal dislike for the guy than his football ability and it's a shame, and it's the same people who do back flips over Graig Gardner who is around the same age as him but nowhere near his level, he hasn't been that bad this year too, if his team mates are not good enough what's he meant to do?, he still managed to score the goal that beat Manure though!!. and lead the midifield battle that beat Arsenal twice, but oh no "he's shit" :roll: .