Nicklas Helenius

bickster

I think we've signed a dud here. When a new signing doesnt get even a look-in, that usually means that even in training/reserves, the mansager isnt seeing anything.

Well what the **** did he see when he bought him?

Great technical and scoring ability in a league that is no where near as physical as our own. I'd imagine some intense physical training was required but we'll see him soon I'm sure.

Can't believe people are writing off a 1m signing that was always a long term option for us.

People do realise Cardiff signed an equivilant player in Cornelius, who cost 7m quid and has barely played for them? Imagine if we'd have done that....

• Like 3

Can't believe people are writing off a 1m signing that was always a long term option for us.

People do realise Cardiff signed an equivilant player in Cornelius, who cost 7m quid and has barely played for them? Imagine if we'd have done that....

Yup spot on to be fair, both players have come from a league that is far inferior to the Prem, especially in terms of physicality. Reckon Cornelius will light up Cardiff's hopes of staying up when he is ready also.

• Like 1

He's taking his time. I wonder what the view on him on the cardiff message boards are? Amusing if it's all praise and support while Helenius is getting stick.

Think it is similar to here, as in they aren't sure what to make of him yet as he hasn't played enough games (he was also injured in pre-season), but the general consensus is that they think/hope he will come good.

Writing Helenius off at this point is ridiculous to say the least.

• Like 2

He's taking his time. I wonder what the view on him on the cardiff message boards are? Amusing if it's all praise and support while Helenius is getting stick.

Think it is similar to here, as in they aren't sure what to make of him yet as he hasn't played enough games (he was also injured in pre-season), but the general consensus is that they think/hope he will come good.

Writing Helenius off at this point is ridiculous to say the least.

Couldn't agree more.

I can absolutely understand why Lambert might be holding him back, but I do struggle to see why he can't get a place on the bench ahead of the likes of Bowery and some of the other youngsters.

He looked good pre-season, and was certainly the better out of himself and Bowery against Spurs in the cup. Perhaps Lambert's trying to 'beef' him up a little before throwing him to the lions.

Helenius just isn't the type of forward who fits into the way we play at present.

He would be more likely to get some game time if we played a 4-4-1-1, as the first 1 after the midfield 4.

For a biggish lad he definitely has great control in both feet and he looks like he would be able to pick out a pass in or near the box.

Where he falls down somewhat is in his speed or quickness of movement.

Given time I think this lad will be making a good contribution to our team.

I think its simply that the lad isn't fit enough to start games. He also is probably not used to our counter attacking style.  I think he will come good personally, from the little I've seen of him he looks like one of our best player in term of skill and technique.

If you look back when we signed him a couple of aalborg fans signed up and said he was a great young player but too raw to play premier league football, and that's what's happened, his still practically a kid learning his trade and its better he is being eased in rather than thrown in at the deep end and watch his career get destroyed because he was played too soon.

Helenius will probably get more games as the season rumbles on, and its good to have cover anyway (we seem to pick up at least 1 injury in every game). I can imagine the priority is just getting points on the board at the moment, and then when we are past the 40 mark I can see Lambert having a real look at players like him.

And he's only 21 for christs sake.

Even bowery has more game time

Not a great deal more and Bowery has been here longer.

And he will always put in a shift, not saying Helenius won't, but why rush him? Give the lad time and we will see.

It's possible that what Lambert saw in him was the potential to be molded a certain way to work in the Premier League. We have literally no idea what kind of training regime the kid is on, but it's possible that he's on something very specific that's gradually turning him into the player Lambert wants. No point in playing him if he's in a transition from one position/style to another, because that would be counter productive

It's possible that what Lambert saw in him was the potential to be molded a certain way to work in the Premier League. We have literally no idea what kind of training regime the kid is on, but it's possible that he's on something very specific that's gradually turning him into the player Lambert wants. No point in playing him if he's in a transition from one position/style to another, because that would be counter productive

Agreed.

Â