Christian Benteke

Kwan

Woody it just seems to me that you're choosing to be negative about something that *might* happen. If and when it happens by all means you'll have every right to be gloomy in fact chances are we all will but I think you're jumping the gun slightly.

I think it's a case of 'it's not what you say, it's the way that you say it'.

You're entitled to your opinion, but when your agenda seems to be 'put down the club first, then make a point', people get annoyed. That's how I see it anyway. There's plenty enough to be negative about, without being negative about the positives :D

So by that you see it as a positive that we have no clue as to what the hell is going on with regards to Benteke?

Do you not think if we were really going places quickly as a club he would be itching to sign a new contract?

NO! why would he and Villa not wait it out, £30M for a player that cost £7M sounds a good deal to me and besides that as much as i admire Benteke "He is his own man and as young and stupid you may think he is, i'm sure his father will sort that out."

Why would Villa not wait it out? Erm the constant cries that he is not for sale and that they are desperate to keep him. I think Paul Lambert wants this to go to bed as quickly as possible. It seems Benteke does not - hence one of the reasons why I think he wants to leave.

F*** it who cares, if he goes he goes all this 'debating' using minor bits of information and massive amounts of fiction is tiring, I only read it in hope of some decent facts and there ain't none until teke gets back to villa.

Woody it just seems to me that you're choosing to be negative about something that *might* happen. If and when it happens by all means you'll have every right to be gloomy in fact chances are we all will but I think you're jumping the gun slightly.

How many times - I am not gloomy.

Weimann was the big indication for me. If we could not keep him then we were in trouble. benteke is inevitable sooner or later.

I have often promoted that I think if he goes we will get a hell of a good deal.

I am definitely not gloomy - just sharing what I think will happen. I hope he stays but I will neither be surprised nor gutted if he goes.

• Like 1

Weimann was the big indication for me. If we could not keep him then we were in trouble. benteke is inevitable sooner or later.

Well it obviously wasn't because we got Weimann sorted and you're still miserable.

Of course Benteke is going to go. Nobody disputes that. He's going next year. This contract stuff is the usual haggling for a better deal. 

Aston Villa vs Liverpool

Our future: Andreas Weimann

Their future: Jonjo Shelvy

1 : 0

Not Coutinho?

Another good season he'll be off to a bigger club, like Benteke.

• Like 1

Woodytom, if I were planning a picnic in 20 days time, would you spend every day telling me you think it will rain on my picnic? The reliable forecasters don't predict that far ahead and the other forecasters are basing their prediction on seasonal weather patterns but in reality can't say for sure either way. I know there is a chance it will actually rain on my picnic. That doesn't mean I need or want to hear your constant wet sandwich prediction. I'd rather look forward to a nice afternoon and if it does look like rain I'll postpone or eat indoors.

Just ignore my posts then.

Brilliant debate :D

Well, to someone who admits that they do not want to hear my opinion, there is nothing more to say.

I think I have made it clear, I will not be lying to please people.

Do you understand why many would prefer not to hear your long range prediction of rain? Hey, there's a chance it will rain on the day and you'd have been right all along. You may even enjoy saying "I told you so". I wouldn't expect anyone to have appreciated your negativity along the way though.
  • Like 1

Of course Benteke is going to go. Nobody disputes that. He's going next year. This contract stuff is the usual haggling for a better deal. 

Aston Villa vs Liverpool

Our future: Andreas Weimann

Their future: Jonjo Shelvy

1 : 0

Not Coutinho?

Another good season he'll be off to a bigger club, like Benteke.

Agree. I fail to see how Coutinho is going to be there for an extended period of time. That man is leaving when the bigger clubs come knocking. Actually a little surprised he signed for them in January but I guess he felt he needed a move.

Woodytom, if I were planning a picnic in 20 days time, would you spend every day telling me you think it will rain on my picnic? The reliable forecasters don't predict that far ahead and the other forecasters are basing their prediction on seasonal weather patterns but in reality can't say for sure either way. I know there is a chance it will actually rain on my picnic. That doesn't mean I need or want to hear your constant wet sandwich prediction. I'd rather look forward to a nice afternoon and if it does look like rain I'll postpone or eat indoors.

Well, to someone who admits that they do not want to hear my opinion, there is nothing more to say.

Do you understand why many would prefer not to hear your long range prediction of rain? Hey, there's a chance it will rain on the day and you'd have been right all along. You may even enjoy saying "I told you so". I wouldn't expect anyone to have appreciated your negativity along the way though.

Not really. If there so affected by somebody (who knows jack shit about it) thinking Benteke will leave then they really do need to get out more.

My posts are only repeating themselves because people are quoting me and tbh, in many cases, are not actually quoting them fairly, so I feel the need to reiterate my original point that people seem to miss because they can not help but call me negative - When actually all I have said is that I think Christian Benteke will leave and given reasons why I think that.

Take Stefan for example...

I post, 

I have often promoted that I think if he goes we will get a hell of a good deal.

I am definitely not gloomy - just sharing what I think will happen. I hope he stays but I will neither be surprised nor gutted if he goes.

Stefan takes one sentence out of it and calls me miserable.

There isnt a single point in my post that comes across as miserable.

Why would Villa not wait it out? Erm the constant cries that he is not for sale and that they are desperate to keep him. I think Paul Lambert wants this to go to bed as quickly as possible. It seems Benteke does not - hence one of the reasons why I think he wants to leave.

What 'constant cries'?

Of course PL would love CB to sign a 6 year contract on £20k/week. Back in the real world, CB is happy for his options to increase over the summer before being able to compare them to Villa's final option and Villa will benefit from a possible price war as the weeks pass. No rush for either party and no indication of intent either.

What 'constant cries'?

Of course PL would love CB to sign a 6 year contract on £20k/week. Back in the real world, CB is happy for his options to increase over the summer before being able to compare them to Villa's final option and Villa will benefit from a possible price war as the weeks pass. No rush for either party and no indication of intent either.

Well every word out of Villa is that he is not for sale. 

Slapping ridiculous price tags on him.

Not really. If there so affected by somebody (who knows jack shit about it) thinking Benteke will leave then they really do need to get out more.

My posts are only repeating themselves because people are quoting me and tbh, in many cases, are not actually quoting them fairly, so I feel the need to reiterate my original point that people seem to miss because they can not help but call me negative - When actually all I have said is that I think Christian Benteke will leave and given reasons why I think that.

I post, 

I was enquiring because you mentioned Weimann (who did sign, but you didn't mention this) as a barometre but this has no relevance because you're saying Benteke is leaving anyway. Just be clearer, then maybe people wouldn't pick your posts apart.

How can you use Weimann as a 'big indicator', then from that (which as I mentioned, he did sign a new deal) to get around to 'Benteke is leaving'.

The reason I quoted it is because it made absolutely no sense. None in the slightest.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I post, 

I was enquiring because you mentioned Weimann (who did sign, but you didn't mention this) as a barometre but this has no relevance because you're saying Benteke is leaving anyway. Just be clearer, then maybe people wouldn't pick your posts apart.

How can you use Weimann as a 'big indicator', then from that (which as I mentioned, he did sign a new deal) to get around to 'Benteke is leaving'.

The reason I quoted it is because it made absolutely no sense. None in the slightest.

Everything about my posts indicates that I am fully aware Weimann has signed. It is relevant to prove a point that I am not gloomy regarding Benteke as I was more bothered about Weimann.

Wait. Why y'all STILL acting like bitches?!

because Benteke is the love of our lives and he must never leave.

I'm on about bickering/arguing with a dissertation worth of quotes.

Nonetheless, Benteke must never leave. Ever. 

Â