Christian Benteke

Kwan

I don't think it's more chance either way.

Yet you don't like someone saying why they think he'll go.

Completely missed the point again.

So you had no problem with him saying he thinks he'll leave and why?

Those previous posts seem to suggest differently.

I believe Dougonimics was the phrase invented to take the piss out of him for mentioning wages as part of overall spending.

Now it has to be taken in account when discussing potential transfers.

Yep. The world has changed. Players can earn 10 times the amount they did when Doug was with us.

Remember the NTL windfall that set us up to take on the best clubs in the league? Wayne Rooney earns more than that every two years.

The game has changed.

....but the grass is still green lol.

Oh and as for Benteke I actually think there's a good chance he'll stay but its hardly crazy to think he won't.

I don't think it's more chance either way. He could stay, he could go. If you actually read the topic before wading in with stirring comments, only one poster is stating theres hardly any chance of him staying and that he's too good for us. Yet you berate us and say we're unbalanced.

Heh

EDIT: woodytom, you said any club who will bid for him is a million miles ahead of us and then you mention Liverpool?

My sides.

Well, they are! 

Liverpool are in the group of clubs we will be trying to catch next season.  

They are better, but not by much, and the loss of Suarez and Gerrards age wont improve them..

20 points better, and improved more as the season went on than we did!

there also splashing the cash and Rogers seems to be able to pick a player too.

Granted Coutinho and Sturridge seem like good signings but time will tell over the whole of next season.  Of his summer buys I didnt think Borini, Allen, Assaidi, Sahin or Yesil set the premiership alight last season.

His team was carried by Gerrard and Suarez.

Maybe not a million times better but we're certainly no where near Liverpool at the moment.

This was only ever my point. Nothing about whether he'll stay or go until I was directly questioned about it.

Surely saying they're 'miles better than us' is unneccesarily putting the team down and could be construed as negative. Opinion or not.

What do they want? Me too lie about my opinion?

I've often wondered the same. Wouldn't this site be pretty shit if everyone said how great things are and everyone else just agreed?

It tends to be the posters who moan at you for sharing your opinon who then go on to claim they're the only ones who can see things with a balanced view.

Woodytom you're better of just saying how great everything is.

Yet another case of missing the point.
If he'd said that would anyone have jumped on him?

People are "jumping" on him for unfounded negativity.

What do they want? Me too lie about my opinion?

I've often wondered the same. Wouldn't this site be pretty shit if everyone said how great things are and everyone else just agreed?

It tends to be the posters who moan at you for sharing your opinon who then go on to claim they're the only ones who can see things with a balanced view.

Woodytom you're better of just saying how great everything is.

Yet another case of missing the point.
If he'd said that would anyone have jumped on him?

Is this a discussion forum or is there a new rule I'm not aware of?

I really don't think the idea of Man City coming in and offering us 30m for him is that crazy to be honest. I know he's only had 1 decent season, but it's not as if he's just going to turn shite over night is it? The lad has talent, and a massive amount of potential. If I were the manager of Man City i'd be looking at what Drogba did for Cheslea, and then see something similar in Benteke. £30m to them is nothing, specially as they've lost Balotelli and rumoured to be selling Dzeko. If Benteke was to go anywhere I think it will be City.

Liverpool are comfortably ahead of us and will remain so for the foreseeable future, whether it's the right move for Benteke right now given the amount of interest in him, I'm not sure and I think he'd rather hold out for someone playing in Europe and if Liverpool sell Suarez, I don't see them hanging round waiting for Benteke to make a decision. I think Liverpool will do pretty well next year though and I wouldn't be surprised if that's a club he would end up in another 12 months.

I think he'll stay anyway, not sure anyone will pay £25+ million just yet.

However, likewise nobody should be "jumping" on him. Tom is entitled to his opinion as much as the next man and he can stick up for himself I'm sure.

I'm sure he can.

I just didn't see the reason to jump on him for sharing it, just because it was negative.

• Like 1

Because he thinks he'll leave and shared some opinions on why.

Apparently Benteke would "rather play elsewhere" but I fail to see where he's got that from.

Well you should read his post as I'm sure he backed up why he thought this.

People are "jumping" on him for unfounded negativity.

I really do not think it is unfounded negativity though Mantis.

Ok, if I am honest with myself, I suppose my opinion is on the negative side of the argument - with thinking he will stay being positive. However, I see plenty of positives for Villa should he leave. Believe me when i say, i really am not sat here cutting myself at the thought of him leaving and I genuinely do hope the best for Villa.

People seem to see it as unfounded because I openly admit I rate Benteke and the clubs that are linked higher than Villa. These people share the same opinion however, feel fit to avoid saying it on a forum. Thats fair enough, however I fail to grasp the point of that tbh.

If I was to come on here and not give my honest opinion then there would be little point in posting.

And as John rightly points out, the forum would be pointless if we all shared the same opinion.

I actually enjoy the diverse set of opinions on here. It makes for good debate and frankly, great entertainment. And I really enjoy when people disagree with me and make valid points - as some have done tonight - and as some always do to be fair.

As for other people who seemingly dislike my opinion rather than disagree with it - I have genuinely no idea why they do not just ignore my posts.

Because he thinks he'll leave and shared some opinions on why.

Apparently Benteke would "rather play elsewhere" but I fail to see where he's got that from.

Well you should read his post as I'm sure he backed up why he thought this.

I did.

My point anyway is that people aren't exactly "jumping" on him just because he isn't saying everything is great. I don't know why you pull this card so often.

Oh and as for Benteke I actually think there's a good chance he'll stay but its hardly crazy to think he won't.

I don't think it's more chance either way. He could stay, he could go. If you actually read the topic before wading in with stirring comments, only one poster is stating theres hardly any chance of him staying and that he's too good for us. Yet you berate us and say we're unbalanced.

Heh

EDIT: woodytom, you said any club who will bid for him is a million miles ahead of us and then you mention Liverpool?

My sides.

Well, they are! 

Liverpool are in the group of clubs we will be trying to catch next season.  

They are better, but not by much, and the loss of Suarez and Gerrards age wont improve them..

20 points better, and improved more as the season went on than we did!

there also splashing the cash and Rogers seems to be able to pick a player too.

Granted Coutinho and Sturridge seem like good signings but time will tell over the whole of next season.  Of his summer buys I didnt think Borini, Allen, Assaidi, Sahin or Yesil set the premiership alight last season.

His team was carried by Gerrard and Suarez.

If I am brutally honest, i have never heard of half of them so I can't really argue that they did not cut it last season.

Allen looked a bit shell shocked

Borini was injured wasn't he?

Sahin I have heard of but no little about.

The other two i have no idea who they are.

FWIW, I thought Coutinho was the stand out player in Suarez' absence. I thought Gerrard had a relatively quiet season tbh. They played some cracking football towards the end. I really would not be surprised if Benteke went there.

Â