Christian Benteke

Kwan

I could live with him going to a Champions League club, but I would be hurt if he went to Liverpool. I guess if they're the only ones going to pay the money we'll just have to accept it but it wouldn't exactly be his dream move surely, and it would be making sense other ordinary mid table Premier League side a lot stronger.

Seriously, who gives an actual **** about instalments? Makes no odds at all, it will all get paid.

And 100% of the sale price is available to spend immediately, should Randy decide to do so.

• Like 1

Instalments and FFP?

Can we spent the 32m or can we only spend 16m and then wait?

All of it, because the full fee will be recorded in this year's books.
Thanks mate.

Comes with the provisio that it works like any normal business, and regarding profits and losses...once you sell a service its set in as profit even if you haven't got the money yet. Multi million pound companies will chase to get "deals signed" to make a quarter look more profitable even though no money has exchanged hands.

Similarly the mulri million pound companies hold out on paying millions till a new quarter has started.

Randy should be able to chaulk the full fee into his books as profit and reuse it immediately within ffp profit guidelines. And we'll have no problem financing other deals without the money coming in yet too.

• Like 1

I don't begrudge him the move, I just can't believe he's "only" going to Liverpool. He should be playing alongside world class players and I'm struggling to think of a single one in their team... He's too good for them. Some truly big clubs are really missing out on a bargain. Also, he was a player who I thought I would always keep an eye on as he's so good to watch. But because I loathe Liverpool so much, I have to hope he fails, unfortunately.

• Like 2

It's been a pleasure to watch Benteke over the last few years. I started really watching football in 98 and he's the best forward I've seen in a Villa shirt.

His movement is superb and he manages to get himself unmarked so often, i just can't help but feel with the better service at Liverpool, he'll score a a hatful.

Movement, pace, power and finishing. It's sad to see him go.

Apparently it's £16m up front + installments...

what a shit deal
We are mugs tbh

Yeah, absolute mugs us.

£40.5M revenue generated for 2 players, one of which was always going to leave and the other who would have left for nothing had we not got him to sign a contract in January

How many players can we buy with 16m? Whether we do installments or not, for instance if we buy Austin and pay 50% up front doesnt leave us much left to get more players in.

Installments is fine but we should of held out for a bigger fee upfront, hes our player and they want him so why not play hardball.

Such a contrast of opinions here between his departure and Fibians..... And rightly so.

Few of us wanted either of them to leave but I hold no grudges against Christian, he's been a great servant to the club and has always said he wanted to move on to bigger things, fair enough.

Upfront and honest gent, thanks for the service. Sorry you couldn't get a better move though.

Â