Christian Benteke

Kwan

Oh he is quality then. And a decent corner delivery to score from.

Massive credit to Lambert for signing and keeping him but I stand by the fact we've wasted a quality player this year.

That's not a fact - it's one of your many opinions.

Massive credit to Lambert for signing and keeping him but I stand by the fact we've wasted a quality player this year.

So you think we've really utilised a quality player this year then?

Delighted with him today, just proves though that part of the problem this season has been having an out of form Benteke for the most part.. Look what a difference it makes when he turns up!

That 1st goal was brilliant and totally shocked the Norwich defence who just fell to pieces for the rest of the half.. As good as a Heavy Weight boxer throwing a knock out punch that was.

Has scored more headed goals than anyone else in the Premier League this season.  Has been injured for a significant part of the season and struggled for form/fitness after being pushed back in too soon because we're over reliant on him.

But yes, we're obviously misusing him.

So yeah all those saying drop him for Holt...

With him it's very much a case of form is temporary, class is permanent. And even with fitness issues and second season syndrome he's still what managed 9 goals in 21 starts I think so just over the 1:2 ratio. I think he'll get to 15 for the season.

Honestly we'll miss him big time when he goes and he's banging in 25 goals a season for Dortmund or PSG. With the greatest of respect I don't se Kozak scoring overhead goals like his first.

Has scored more headed goals than anyone else in the Premier League this season. Has been injured for a significant part of the season and struggled for form/fitness after being pushed back in too soon because we're over reliant on him.

We also play a ridiculous amount of long balls and struggle to keep the ball.

I'm sure that's had nothing to do with a quality player struggling for form.

Has scored more headed goals than anyone else in the Premier League this season. Has been injured for a significant part of the season and struggled for form/fitness after being pushed back in too soon because we're over reliant on him.

We also play a ridiculous amount of long balls and struggle to keep the ball.

I'm sure that's had nothing to do with a quality player struggling for form.

Long balls = Benteke's strength (see: the overhead kick today).  We play to it (far too much, granted).

The trick we've missed is using actual width and crossing the ball to him which apparently only happens when Matt Lowton plays.

Come on we have a ridiculous creative midfield compared to most clubs. It was good to see a proper whipped in corner aswell for once.

How many would Benteke have scored with a midfield of Young-Petrov-Barry/Milner- Downing supplying him?

• Like 1

Come on we have a ridiculous creative midfield compared to most clubs. It was good to see a proper whipped in corner aswell for once.

How many would Benteke have scored with a midfield of Young-Petrov-Barry/Milner- Downing supplying him?

From Young and Downing?  Loads.

I'm not sure Benteke's strength is running onto through balls though (Barry/Milner?).  He's good with the ball at his feet and he's great attacking aerial balls but I'd leave the running onto stuff for Gabby/Weimann.  Obviously we should still have a number 10/am because we desperately lack creativity in this area and, naturally, Benteke would probably see some benefit from it.

Arguably his best Villa goal to date today.

The one against West Brom for me.  Love dat goal.

Â