Christian Benteke

Kwan

Yeah, you're right Dolly.

Maybe the rest needs to be a bit longer.

It's a difficult situation to be in because we do need his brains (Not in a zombie way) and at the same time would like to see him get a goal in a hope that would set him on to the right track once more, plus due to other injuries and form loss, up front options are looking sparse but it reminds me of the Torres hernia problem at Liverpool where they kept playing him in a poor condition that was never allowed to heal and arguably he's never fully recovered from that (As 91 will tell you),

Are you talking to yourself 8p?

• Like 1

Hmmm i agree, he does seem to be frustrated with himself. He's not exactly thrown his weight around like last season! I want him to be back to full strength so he can turn on bully mode. Also on top of that he's not getting that many chances to score so he's gotta take it each and every time and obviously that doesn't happen even for the best. Soon as that first goal come though it'll be a HUGE lift.

• Like 1

Dolly. Ha!

It's a term of affection, don't worry. (Though I still have time for your sand paper)

Are you talking to yourself 8p?

Haha I can see why you may think that (Although this isn't EWR) but no,

I was replying to the first friend I ever made on VT and who I feel sadly I don't get to chat enough to recently; My Good man KJ 'Dolly' Parton. 

That's where the 'Do it for Dolly' above my avatar comes from (That may have been why you thought I was talking to myself).

It was a short lived match thread game where he'd state something he wanted to see from the players in that game and we waited to see if they 'did it for Dolly or not'...ahhhh fun times. 

2d8616f4.gif

^^ This is what Dolly will do if he sees this, he has a weird affliction that when he finds something funny, he weeps.

Anyway, Benteke...remember happier times?

Benteke_Goal_1.gif

This also fits in with another Dolly memory where I came to the rescue with some Benteke Gifs.

That goal… :')

• Like 1

I was replying to the first friend I ever made on VT and who I feel sadly I don't get to chat enough to recently; My Good man KJ 'Dolly' Parton. 

That's where the 'Do it for Dolly' above my avatar comes from (That may have been why you thought I was talking to myself).

It was a short lived match thread game where he'd state something he wanted to see from the players in that game and we waited to see if they 'did it for Dolly or not'...ahhhh fun times. 

<3 my 8pints

I've been being sensible and not staying up late - I think i need to some more though and we can have late night chats again!

• Like 1

2d8616f4.gif

^^ This is what Dolly will do if he sees this, he has a weird affliction that when he finds something funny, he weeps.

This literally did have me weeping :'( 

Anyway this Benteke bloke, he was quite good wasn't he. Lets fix his bust knee and then he can kick the ball into the back of the netting. 

His knee isn't bost. It's his hip.

That'll be why he isn't dishing out the same treatment he gave chris smalling. Pahahaha. Still makes me laugh :') 

1:12 in! Edited by tomh621

This is what Dolly will do if he sees this, he has a weird affliction that when he finds something funny, he weeps.

:'( weeping ;)

Told ya.

You should whack SS1 on and join us in the NFL forum :)

k8zW5.gif

^^ VA would be proud if he ever ventured in to on-topic.

I've been being sensible and not staying up late - I think i need to some more though and we can have late night chats again!

Haha rescue on-topic once more from

"He is rubbish"

"No he isn't"

"Yes he is you treehouse!"

"Well if you can't have a reasonable debate without resorting to insults..."

"I can"

"You can't"

"Now who is resorting to insults? You should get in trouble for what you called me then,"

"You can not, I meant and you know full well I did"

"Where specifically did I make the point you made a point of making a point of?"

...and so on

Bring the love back in these troubled times!

8p, I thought we had something special. Or am I the homewrecker?

If anything, (And sorry if this hurts Dolly, it's something I should have possibly told you earlier, and it shows our lack of late night laughs hasn't been entirely your fault)...I've spent a lot of time in off-topic...and...I've met someone...he has a beard and drives a nice car...He seduced me with WWE and GTA (And other initialed abbreviations) but it's ok, he never enters on-topic so I'll just have to be forced to live a double life once more.

So you're neither Stefan...sorry.

tumblr_m52xqjK63c1rxal7mo1_500.gif

Anyway this Benteke bloke, he was quite good wasn't he. Lets fix his bust knee and then he can kick the ball into the back of the netting. 

His knee isn't bost. It's his hip.

Whatever it is; hip flexor or knee derpina, he's busticated. 

Indeed, so we can get back to seeing sights similar to these -

BentekeGoal1.gifNorwichBenteke1.gif

After he's had a bit more of a healing.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

So sad seeing his previous goals. Makes you wonder was it a fluke? Was he riding a wave of confidence. Who knows. The talent is definately there. His vision, passing, holding the ball etc. His finishing is way off at the moment. At his previous club he wasnt that deadly and we were advised he was hit and miss with his finishing.

Nonetheless he should get at least 10-15 this season i hope.

He's lost all belief in his own ability.

I noticed just before the end of the game while we had a corner one of their player was hugging him from behind Benteke did bugger all to pull away from it apart from hold the bloke arm to keep him there. Can't blame that on injury

we'll clearly see that next year when a better team sign him

Clearly trying to provoke other people.

Why's that?

I think benteke is quality and i think he will probably be sold in the summer and show that quality at another team. Is that really such a controversial view?

What makes Benteke better than Kozak atm? Because going by your logic, Benteke is a donkey.

Â