Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sorry for still being a pessamist guys but after years of supporting villa I'm used to expecting the unexpected. After we hired Mcliesh I believe anything can happen.

I for once can't wait until the transfer window closes.

No I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. He's here for the next season. If a club was prepared to pay £25m for him then why were there no bids for him when he submitted a transfer request?
Hang on. So you are telling me nothing can change from now until next September? With all due respect mate you also said my post was ridiculous when I said we were gonna be fighting relegation next season.
With regards to Benteke? No, not much will change. I'd agree with you if he'd merely retracted his transfer request but he's also signed a new contract. He's staying for the season. Get over it.

What is your problem mate? I'm posting my thoughts on a forum. Why have you got to tell me 'to get over it' as if I'm hoping Bentake still leave.

You need to learn how to speak to people and stop being a keyboard warrior all the time.

I'm sorry but what is your problem? One of the best Villa players has just signed a new contract and all you seem interested in is asking a redundant question.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Ok it's very unlikely anybody will come in but not impossible. 1% chance right? Lets say Lukaku gets injured and out for the season. Arsenal lose their first 3 games and the pressure is piled on them to make a big signing. Anything can happen up until 11-59 pm transfer deadline day and we all know this.

But I will stop thinking the worst and enjoy the summer :)

• Like 2

Sorry for still being a pessamist guys but after years of supporting villa I'm used to expecting the unexpected. After we hired Mcliesh I believe anything can happen.

No I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. He's here for the next season. If a club was prepared to pay £25m for him then why were there no bids for him when he submitted a transfer request?
Hang on. So you are telling me nothing can change from now until next September? With all due respect mate you also said my post was ridiculous when I said we were gonna be fighting relegation next season.
With regards to Benteke? No, not much will change. I'd agree with you if he'd merely retracted his transfer request but he's also signed a new contract. He's staying for the season. Get over it.
What is your problem mate? I'm posting my thoughts on a forum. Why have you got to tell me 'to get over it' as if I'm hoping Bentake still leave.

You need to learn how to speak to people and stop being a keyboard warrior all the time.

I'm sorry but what is your problem? One of the best Villa players has just signed a new contract and all you seem interested in is asking a redundant question.

If you got a problem with my posts then don't reply ok.

Edited by Amo69

Screw you Mantis. I'm over the moon but having a discussion. I'd love to see you speak to my face the way you post.

Who's the keyboard warrior now? :lol:

It isn't happening. He's staying for another season.

• Like 1

This is a bit of game changer for me. I always thought 'young and Hungry' wasn't really a strategy - it was just a policy of convenience as Randy didn't want to pay the going rate. However having put all the performers on increased contracts has proved that whilst villa are certainly more careful than in years gone by, the rewards are there for players who do the business on the pitch.

(think i might revise my prediction from 15th to 14th now)

• Like 1

Seriously tho what if a bid comes in. I'm delighted but I'm not gonna get over excited until transfer widow closes.

There's no chance in hell of him going now.

No we have him for another year at least

we should offer Benteke to spurs for 2m£ and when they accept just say: just kidding hahaha got ya

I think the best thing about Benteke signing today is that I don't have to hate you. ;)

I love our Belgium guys again!

:o did u hate me in the benteke soap time? :P

Screw you Mantis. I'm over the moon but having a discussion. I'd love to see you speak to my face the way you post.

Who's the keyboard warrior now? :lol:

It isn't happening. He's staying for another season.

Lol fair enough you got me there. Ok I'm happy. But if he leaves this summer I'm coming for you!!! ;)

I am going to hold fire on predictions till the merry go round stops and we see where every body lands, one thing I am confident of though is we will be top half.

OH and by the way..COME ON UNITED, BALE LOVES YOU. 

Mr Bale hand in a transfer request lets see how Mr Levi deals with that.

• Like 1

I am not so sure he will be off next summer. 

We will be in a very strong position again next year. I don't think we would sell a player with 3 years left on the deal unless it was crazy money. Two years left, then yes but with 3 years left we are in the driving seat again next summer.

We might have to fend off clubs again but I think we will be in a strong position to do so again.  

• Like 1

Where's Woodytom, with his "People said I was negative, I said I'm realistic. And I was right" ...

Well now this has happened, it makes you negative Tom ;)

• Like 2

I am not so sure he will be off next summer. 

We will be in a very strong position again next year. I don't think we would sell a player with 3 years left on the deal unless it was crazy money. Two years left, then yes but with 3 years left we are in the driving seat again next summer.

We might have to fend off clubs again but I think we will be in a strong position to do so again.  

Depends on how his season and our season goes I think. Unless he has an average season but we do really well (e.g. qualify for Europe) I don't think he'll stay. If he has another excellent season then massive clubs will be in for him and they'll be willing to pay a lot more than £25m.

One final point from me before I go & watch the eviction on Big Brother.

We have shown what Benteke is worth to us by turning down the offers from Spurs-He means more to us than the millions placed on the table.

I've slated Lerner a bit over the past couple of years but he's backed his manager by stumping up the improved contract and also by not cashing in.On the other side of the coin,given the money spent in previous summers,we've spent low-Especially as it looks like most of the outlay will come back via the sale of Bent.

I reckon at least 1 more signing & maybe costing a bit more as well.

Â