Christian Benteke

Kwan

I have no problem with benteke leaving so long as we get a big fee.

but if he's leaving to further his career then he should look at ashley young, gareth barry and james milner all billy big balls thinking leaving villa would make them world class and all three are bit part players and their careers have taken backwatd steps.

so by all means leave with us getting a bucket of cash, but it'll destroy your carer not make it as you're really not as good as you think you are

• Like 1

If the yids want to keep villas boas they will have to stump up the money for Bentekke or someone similar. A few top clubs have boas on their Radar and Spurs will want to keep him happy.

Please don't refer to Spurs as "the yids" ever again. That is unbelievably offensive.

If the yids want to keep villas boas they will have to stump up the money for Bentekke or someone similar. A few top clubs have boas on their Radar and Spurs will want to keep him happy.

Please don't refer to Spurs as "the yids" ever again. That is unbelievably offensive.

You do know they call themselves that right?  :unsure:

• Like 1

Time for spurs to put up or shut up

The price has been set

25 Mill pay up or lose him

Him going to Chelsea would be in our best interests i do not care if he will not play regular and not get to the world cup Boo **** hoo

he handed in the transfer request now he will be sold to the team who offers the most money he's made his bed now he can lie in it

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Oh just **** off with this childish nonsense.

Edited by briny_ear

Just cannot see Spurs paying £25m cash. They will be paying big money to Bale and Paulinho, plus Dafoe, Lennon and Adebayor, who wont be easy to move on (please God Faulkner don't help them out) and will need to pay CB at least £50k p.w. the have just broken their transfer record for Paulinho, but don't have Champions league.

Spurs 5th place was all down to Bale, they are nothing special so don't put ourselves down because of our recent form, we are not far away on second half of season form - if Lambert buys well again we could conceivably finish above Spurs, but Benteke would have been a big part in that.

Great pity but I blame Kismet 100%

• Like 1

"Some Jewish and non-Jewish fans of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. adopted "Yid" (or "Yiddo") as a nickname and "Yiddo, Yiddo!" as a battle cry and often identify themselves as "Yid Army". While such usage remains controversial, for the overwhelming majority of Tottenham supporters, it is used with pride"

Sorry off topic.

I will miss Benteke though. 

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 1

I completely fail to understand why practically everyone is having a go at his agent & saying Benteke has been ill advised.

His agent helped engineer a move from Genk last season. Was anybody having a go at him then?

His agent is playing a blinder. Benteke gets his transfer & probably doubles his wages. The agent gets a huge slice of the action & we hopefully benefit to the tune of a large transfer fee which in turn can be used for further investment into the Club both in terms of new players & improving our finances. If no one matches our valuation their is every likelihood that Benteke will be offered a new bumper contract. The agent is just simply doing his job & a bloody good one at that.

I know fans are cynical about agents but this is the modern game & what we need to do as a Club is act in kind. In other words we set our  price. Stand firm & do not waver, and as a previous poster mentioned we also add in a sell on clause too so that we can benefit further should Benteke become the new Lionel Messi.

Excuse me? How is that childish? I was simply stating a fact. They call themselves 'yids' like we call ourselves Lions.

I don't appreciate being told to '**** off' when I've done absolutely nothing wrong. Cheers.

"Some Jewish and non-Jewish fans of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. adopted "Yid" (or "Yiddo") as a nickname and "Yiddo, Yiddo!" as a battle cry and often identify themselves as "Yid Army". While such usage remains controversial, for the overwhelming majority of Tottenham supporters, it is used with pride"

:wacko:

Edited by StefanAVFC

Just cannot see Spurs paying £25m cash. They will be paying big money to Bale and Paulinho, plus Dafoe, Lennon and Adebayor, who wont be easy to move on (please God Faulkner don't help them out) and will need to pay CB at least £50k p.w. the have just broken their transfer record for Paulinho, but don't have Champions league.

Spurs 5th place was all down to Bale, they are nothing special so don't put ourselves down because of our recent form, we are not far away on second half of season form - if Lambert buys well again we could conceivably finish above Spurs, but Benteke would have been a big part in that.

Great pity but I blame Kismet 100%

Well if they do not pay the cash they do not get the player

We are not a charity we do not need to give Spurs any favours what have they ever done for us other than make us pay the wages on a crocked Jenas 

If there are 2 bids on the table one which meets the valuation and one that is a derisory offer say 18 mill i know which one will be accepted

Business is business

Edited by AshVilla

Mantis what are you on? I mean where have i stated that we should 'get inferior players just so they won't perform really well and then leave after a good season or two?'

We can also sign good experienced players as a base in which we can then build our youth around. We did it too much under O'Neil and not enough under Lambert so we have never really had a decent balance between both and if we continue to base our transfer policy on mainly youth then due to our present standing in football at the moment if those youthful players progress then they will be off in the same way as Benteke.

I have no doubt that if Lowton and Westwood have another good season then they will be cherry picked too so the vicious circle continues of buying and selling while we stagnate because we simply can't offer even the glimmer of european football at the moment.

Thats what i meant by 'rich financially and poor on success.'

Thing is, if a player comes in and performs like Benteke did last season then you will always have bigger clubs after him.

I think you're misinterpreting Lambert's approach. It isn't about deliberately buying prospects with the intention of selling them on at a higher price in the future. Clearly the club would prefer to keep Benteke.

........................Christain Bentekke walks into a bar..........

...has one drink and walks straight back out again

No i'm not misinterpreting Lambert's approach at all and i know he wants to build something here but its the economics of the situation we are in.

Team who have over the last three seasons flirted with relegation. Club chairman who is more interested in wage structure than the investment needed to push us on. (Lack of investment in January very nearly rebounded on us). Lack of investment could also be construed as lack of ambition by players and agents alike. Manager trying to restructure the club on a limited budget with youthful inexperience which could also be seen by players and agents as trying to do the impossible in a league run and based on investment which equates to continual lack of success.

Which equates to players continually wanting to leave and not giving us the chance to build a team which has enough quality to challenge for the success that will actually keep the quality players at the club.

And yet even when Lerner was spending big and we were pushing for top 4 our best player (Barry) still wanted to leave. It's naive to think that Benteke's leaving because Lambert's buying inexperienced players or because we had a relegation scare. It's principally about wages.

Just what is it that you would like to see (realistically) happen at Villa exactly?

'Principally about wages.' How do you know this?

I've answered your last question a million times on here so no need to do it again.

Excuse me? How is that childish? I was simply stating a fact. They call themselves 'yids' like we call ourselves Lions.

I don't appreciate being told to '**** off' when I've done absolutely nothing wrong. Cheers.

"Some Jewish and non-Jewish fans of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. adopted "Yid" (or "Yiddo") as a nickname and "Yiddo, Yiddo!" as a battle cry and often identify themselves as "Yid Army". While such usage remains controversial, for the overwhelming majority of Tottenham supporters, it is used with pride"oyu're a Spurs fan

:wacko:

So you're a Spurs fan?

His agent is playing a blinder. Benteke gets his transfer & probably doubles his wages.

Villa offered to double his wages to £40k p.w., Spurs won't pay much more, but Chelsea and Arsenal would depending on his transfer fee. But we didn't have to pay him any more than his current £20k p.w. cause he has 3 years left - this is the point.

Truth is, he will sign for some club for another 4 years contract on maybe £50k p.w. and not get a pay rise again because he will be at a bigger club. If he'd waited until next summer after a good WC he could be worth £40m, and as a proven entity could easily command £100K p.w. for 4 years. Where's the agents sense here? It's short term greed.

Edited by thunderball

What? No.

It's like them saying, 'if the Lions want to keep Benteke, they have to offer him a clown and a handgun'.

It's a secondary nickname for them that a large number of Spurs fans call themselves  :wacko:

Either way, doesn't really warrant being told to **** off for simply stating a fact.

Mantis what are you on? I mean where have i stated that we should 'get inferior players just so they won't perform really well and then leave after a good season or two?'

We can also sign good experienced players as a base in which we can then build our youth around. We did it too much under O'Neil and not enough under Lambert so we have never really had a decent balance between both and if we continue to base our transfer policy on mainly youth then due to our present standing in football at the moment if those youthful players progress then they will be off in the same way as Benteke.

I have no doubt that if Lowton and Westwood have another good season then they will be cherry picked too so the vicious circle continues of buying and selling while we stagnate because we simply can't offer even the glimmer of european football at the moment.

Thats what i meant by 'rich financially and poor on success.'

Thing is, if a player comes in and performs like Benteke did last season then you will always have bigger clubs after him.

I think you're misinterpreting Lambert's approach. It isn't about deliberately buying prospects with the intention of selling them on at a higher price in the future. Clearly the club would prefer to keep Benteke.

........................Christain Bentekke walks into a bar..........

...has one drink and walks straight back out again

No i'm not misinterpreting Lambert's approach at all and i know he wants to build something here but its the economics of the situation we are in.

Team who have over the last three seasons flirted with relegation. Club chairman who is more interested in wage structure than the investment needed to push us on. (Lack of investment in January very nearly rebounded on us). Lack of investment could also be construed as lack of ambition by players and agents alike. Manager trying to restructure the club on a limited budget with youthful inexperience which could also be seen by players and agents as trying to do the impossible in a league run and based on investment which equates to continual lack of success.

Which equates to players continually wanting to leave and not giving us the chance to build a team which has enough quality to challenge for the success that will actually keep the quality players at the club.

And yet even when Lerner was spending big and we were pushing for top 4 our best player (Barry) still wanted to leave. It's naive to think that Benteke's leaving because Lambert's buying inexperienced players or because we had a relegation scare. It's principally about wages.

Just what is it that you would like to see (realistically) happen at Villa exactly?

'Principally about wages.' How do you know this?

I've answered your last question a million times on here so no need to do it again.

Because that's what it's normally about. On the flip side, how do you know that it's about all the things you mentioned?

I don't recall ever asking you what you would like to see happen at Villa.

I just hope we dont get taken for a ride by spurs and that tit levy, they have obviously already had words with his agent (or someone has) and the longer it drags on spurs will be trying to get him on the cheap. I'll be pissed if he leaves but ill be even more pissed if he goes on the cheap.

The downing and milner deals (forgetting ireland) gives me a bit of hope that we will hold out only they were different in that liverpool are too thick and citeh have more money than sense..

His agent is playing a blinder. Benteke gets his transfer & probably doubles his wages.

Villa offer to double his wages to £40k p.w., Spurs won't pay much more, but Chelsea and Arsenal would depending on his transfer fee. But we didn't have to pay him any more than his current £20k p.w. cause he has 3 years left - this is point.

Truth is, he will sign for someone for another 4 years for maybe £50k p.w. and not get a pay rise again because he will be at a bigger club, if he'd waited until next summer after a good WC he could be worth £40m and as a proven entity command £100K for 4 years. Where's the agents sense here? It's short term greed.

Yes it is short term greed, that is the modern game. Also, the operative word from your post is IF.

If he waits till next season after a good WC..................What happens if he has a poor season next season if he stays followed by a poor WC? The agent would be kicking himself for missing the opportunity that now presents itself.

If he goes on to bigger & better things with someone else next season followed by a great WC then his agent will exploit that for all it is worth because as I stated earlier his agent is not poorly advising him he is just simply taking advantage of an opportunity to benefit both himself & his client.

Harsh but true.

Edited by villa-revolution

Well looking at Benteke's track record if he has a good season next time round he will be handing in a transfer request to leave Spurs 

He's going to hit a ceiling sooner or later

Yids is definitely a secondary nickname for Tottenham, witness them singing 'Jermaine Defoe he is a yiddo' and shouting 'Yids' during their home games. However I'm told they are doing much less of the latter recently

Â