Christian Benteke

Kwan

He's obv destined for big things and playing for a top club in the Champs league, if he goes to Spurs this season for £25-30 Million and they will not be getting champs league in the next 2-3 seasons i cannot see them letting him go to say someone like Madrid/Milan/PSG etc etc after one or two seasons, if he stays with us for another season and smashes it like he did last seaon on top of a good world cup then we will not stand in his way to go to a top club in the Champs league. 

If him or his dope of an agent has a brain cell betweem them then they will work that out sooner rather then later....hopefully

Not sure about you but a decent tottenham ( Providing they sign one or two more) team providing Benteke up top with Bale just behind him sounds mouth watering to me... I'd be amazingly shocked if they didn't get champions league football next year with that squad.

He's obv destined for big things and playing for a top club in the Champs league, if he goes to Spurs this season for £25-30 Million and they will not be getting champs league in the next 2-3 seasons i cannot see them letting him go to say someone like Madrid/Milan/PSG etc etc after one or two seasons, if he stays with us for another season and smashes it like he did last seaon on top of a good world cup then we will not stand in his way to go to a top club in the Champs league. 

If him or his dope of an agent has a brain cell betweem them then they will work that out sooner rather then later....hopefully

Not sure about you but a decent tottenham ( Providing they sign one or two more) team providing Benteke up top with Bale just behind him sounds mouth watering to me... I'd be amazingly shocked if they didn't get champions league football next year with that squad.

i dont think Bale will be there next season tbf.  i'm not saying they will out of the running but with Chelsea strengthening Arsenal the same and their just not good enough to compete the Manchester clubs i cannot see them getting that fourth spot.

apearently chelsea want to pay 30mil for benteke and offer 75K/week -.- 

Dont get that when they have Lukaku who is almost the same player....in that case we will come back with £10 milling + Lakaku :)

Dont get that when they have Lukaku who is almost the same player....in that case we will come back with £10 milling + Lakaku :)

yup its how do you guys say it blocks? imo has lukaku more potential as benteke

I like your thinking. Ba,Torres,Lukaku,Shurrle and Benteke aswell as Victor Moses who could be a 6th choice striker (if needs be is) is just greedy.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure they played 2 wingers then either Torres/Ba on his own up front last season ?

Bit off topic but why would Suarez go to Arsenal?  Its well documented he wants away from England.

"Away from England" means "I want more money" in footballer terms I think. Just like "I want Champions League football" or "I want to be closer to my family."

Nah, away from England means away from Liverpool, a team that is not going to win anything or get into the Champions League the next few years. Sure he is using this situation to get away from Liverpool, but we can also see a lot of teams hesitating to buy him because of who he is. A brilliant footballer and a horrible person, which compared to all other players are plain facts. I hate the guy, but he is easily one of the best attackers in the world right now and he is one who uses his energy every match he plays. I just want him away from the island, I can't stand his face when he is arguing with the referee or pulling up imaginary yellow cards... should fit right in at Real Madrid or something like that. As for money, aren't we tired of using that same old phrase every time a player leaves? You leave a club for a better club to win trophies, and yes, also become richer because that is what you deserve and that is what their revenue indicates. It's just the same as a powerbroker leaving a small firm for a big firm on Wall Street or something like that, it happens in every sector. It's about reaching your goals and keeping up motivation, in football you are rich anyway. Suarez wouldn't stay at Liverpool at 100K if he could join Real Madrid for 80K. Simple as that.

I know they are I was trying to tell Shillz that lol. He said they couldn't offer Europe!

I joined late. You can see why your question mark would've thrown me :D

Wait, what... did I?

You mean you don't remember?! Sorry I had a brain fart and typed the wrong name......

That's OK coda, not to worry.   :D

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 1

yup its how do you guys say it blocks? imo has lukaku more potential as benteke

Would you agree though BG, that Lukaku and Benteke play a lot differently than one another?

Benteke plays a much more physical game than Lukaku, although obviously both players are looked to as target men who should be played up top on their own. I think Benteke plays a lot more similarly to how Drogba did and if I were to choose who would work best in the style of play Mourinho used to play at Chelsea I would say Benteke.

Still, I don't think they would want both players on the books and I can't see them wanting to sell Lukaku as he has unbelievable potential.

Edited by samjp26

Woody you sound like you want Benteke to leave just to say you was right. 

Yes my constant praise of him being the best player I have ever known at Villa (bar Dwight Yorke) must have brought you to that conclusion.

Or maybe it was the number of times I have said - 'I will be delighted to be wrong' that gave it away?

Surely you saw Mcgrath? You're quite old aren't you, older then 40.

You having a laugh?????????

My bad, I guess I am getting you muddled up with someone else whose username starts with W.

Kendrick giving people a heart attack on twitter. Cheeky bastard.  

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

Tottenham target Christian B told he can talk to clubs (Yes, I had to do a double take too!) #avfc http://www.http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-christian-benitez-2025169?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Chelsea rumours are a bit worrying. They have the cash and may buy him just to prevent anyone else getting him. Chelsea spent £80m last summer without even blinking.

If they did want him, at least we know they will meet our valuation rather than trying to give us some part exchange petty bid.

The Chelsea rumours are a bit worrying. They have the cash and may buy him just to prevent anyone else getting him. Chelsea spent £80m last summer without even blinking.

If they did want him, at least we know they will meet our valuation rather than trying to give us some part exchange petty bid.

Agree with that. £35-40m cash in one transaction would be hard to turn down, ideally we won't have this problem for another 12 months though.

Â