Christian Benteke

Kwan

You can't manhandle or foul Benteke, you will end up on your arse!

Players can double-mark him all they want, they will bounce off him!

Not all together true that.

There were instances last season where he was roughed up a little and disappeared.

Like Stoke and QPR.... which incidentally he scored late in both, one crucial, one nerve-settling.

So really he can have a poor game, but he'll still likely damage any team.

Any striker can have a poor game and still score.

The point the poster was making was that Benteke can't be out muscled which i replied to.

Still would be totally gob smacked if he stayed. Surely there are not too many reasons left as to why he has not signed a contract yet if he is so happy to stay another year.  

Was thinking the same thing myself. If he wanted to to stay he'd had signed a new contract by now

Still would be totally gob smacked if he stayed. Surely there are not too many reasons left as to why he has not signed a contract yet if he is so happy to stay another year.  

He's still on holiday though, isn't he?

Jesus, hes been on holiday for what seems like decades. It is not an excuse, it never was an excuse imo. The point is, if he wanted it done, it would be done. He clearly does not want the the guaranteed pay rise to stay at Villa that much.

Was thinking the same thing myself. If he wanted to to stay he'd had signed a new contract by now

I can see why people would assume that, but on the other hand the opposite may be true.

Its very likely that the new contract has been sorted and it just needs the players signature. Now i know somebody wil say he could fax it, but Benteke signing will be big news for the club and they will want to publicise it. For that, you need the player.

He returns next week, and if no news comes from Villa Park early in the first few days, then it will be time to worry.

thats rubbish. He still has 3 years left on his deal, which is a long time. have we even offered him a new deal

I am not sure what part of that indicates that Benteke is desperate to stay here. Surely your not suggesting it is good that we can hang on to a player who isn't 100% happy being here?

I can see why people would assume that, but on the other hand the opposite may be true.

Its very likely that the new contract has been sorted and it just needs the players signature. Now i know somebody wil say he could fax it, but Benteke signing will be big news for the club and they will want to publicise it. For that, you need the player.

He returns next week, and if no news comes from Villa Park early in the first few days, then it will be time to worry.

Is Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath the only places in the world you could publicise Villa news?

Seemed to remember watching a video of a happy weimann talking about his contract with some trees behind him. Im sure it was Bodymoor heath but it could have been anywhere tbh with you. Stick a Villa branded piece of cardboard up behind him and jobs a gud en.

Jesus, hes been on holiday for what seems like decades. It is not an excuse, it never was an excuse imo. The point is, if he wanted it done, it would be done. He clearly does not want the the guaranteed pay rise to stay at Villa that much.

3 weeks out of the country. Not exactly a gap year.

Is Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath the only places in the world you could publicise Villa news?

Im pretty sure when it comes to Benteke signing, and the impact it may have on ST sales, then in this case yes.

The club will quite rightly milk it until dry. If no news breaks early next week, then i will be worried.

Edited by MagicMushroom

For what it's worth, I don't think Benteke will leave this season. It's the season before the World Cup, and even though he's probably already done enough to warrant a spot in the Belgium squad, I'd assume he'd want to play all the football he can to make sure he'll play in the World Cup.

I think it comes down to this;

Last season we played with no wingers, and for the most part no 'number 10' type player, and Benteke still managed to get 23 goals. This season, by the looks of it our manager is buying players who might have a creative spark, who are young and hungry, and seem very talented. So on the whole, it looks like there might be even more chances created for Benteke to put away, and score even more goals = which means more attention/success, and pushes his value up for his eventual move to a 'bigger' club. If he performs and leaves next season, and we get good money for him, I think it's a win/win situation.

I think you'll find that the team fly out this weekend to Germany, So i guess we will find out within the next few days but if he does want to leave then i don't think he will be traveling along to Germany with the rest of the squad.

Edited by becks1876

Im pretty sure when it comes to Benteke signing, and the impact it may have on ST sales, then in this case yes.

The club will quite rightly milk it until dry. If no news breaks early next week, then i will be worried.

EH??

:Here Dad, Benteke has signed a new deal

:Great, I will get the season tickets in

:No wait, he did not sign it at Villa Park or Bodymoor Heath

:Oh well then, we will sack it.

Understand that it is important to promote it but I am sorry, I am just not buying that the location is imperative.

Woody you sound like you want Benteke to leave just to say you was right. The guy is on holiday, he probably doesn't want to think about football at all while lying in a deck chair in his speedos. I'm sure when he comes back everything will be cleared up on what his plans are

• Like 1

Just because he hasn't signed a new contract yet doesn't he mean he won't or that he isn't happy in staying. All we know right now is the former, the rest is just guessing.

Quite right, and I am guessing that he is not over the moon to sign one.

Woody you sound like you want Benteke to leave just to say you was right. 

Yes my constant praise of him being the best player I have ever known at Villa (bar Dwight Yorke) must have brought you to that conclusion.

Or maybe it was the number of times I have said - 'I will be delighted to be wrong' that gave it away?

Â