Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

vandaq

So, it`s getting closer to release and I expect we will get more information as E3 comes along. Of course the biggest thing is the new engine, which is the FOX engine. The engine is what is going to be used for Metal Gear Solid.

Some general info.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/pro-evolution-soccer-2014-officially-announced-first-details-unveiled/

And here is the new teaser that was released two days ago

Whatever Konami do, I reckon they will lose out sale's wise to EA. PES is still the king when it comes to gameplay, but the lack of official licenses and shiny bells & whistle's which FIFA has means PES lost the casual crowd this generation. Can't see it changing now for them.

#ISSTILIDIE

Whatever Konami do, I reckon they will lose out sale's wise to EA. PES is still the king when it comes to gameplay, but the lack of official licenses and shiny bells & whistle's which FIFA has means PES lost the casual crowd this generation. Can't see it changing now for them.

#ISSTILIDIE

Ermmmm no it wasn't due to lack of licenses etc It was mainly down to PES being awful from 2008 onwards. They did nothing to improve the gameplay whilst FIFA took massive strides. 

PES 6 was the last truly great pro evo. Rest since have been turd (Never played 2013 though) 

Well, this is going to be a bigger jump than usual considering they are revamping a lot of stuff with a new engine. But we will see, this will give you the general idea of what to come from them in the upcoming years. The change should be significant and not something like they did from 12-13, same can be said for fifa. 

#ISSTILIDIE

Still?

Unfortunately, PES hasn't been better on Gameplay since PES5. Once it moved to 360/PS3 it got shit. Imo of course

#ISSTILIDIE

Ermmmm no it wasn't due to lack of licenses etc It was mainly down to PES being awful from 2008 onwards. They did nothing to improve the gameplay whilst FIFA took massive strides. 

PES 6 was the last truly great pro evo. Rest since have been turd (Never played 2013 though) 

PES 12 and 13 were excellent. They're still king gameplay wise imo, but the gap has been closed considerably and it's pretty marginal. And with all of FIFA's bells and whistles I'd say it's the best game. But for the purest footie experience, PES is still where it's at. 08 - 10 were horrible though I agree, and 11 was decent but still had many flaws.

PES is dead to me. I bought 08 and 09 and they still couldn't stop it from lagging online, I vowed never to buy one again

I tried a demo a year or so ago and the game play was horrific, Fifa is streets ahead now

Edited by villarule123

#ISSTILIDIE

Still?

Unfortunately, PES hasn't been better on Gameplay since PES5. Once it moved to 360/PS3 it got shit. Imo of course

FIFA has upped its game in recent times - from a low, very low, starting point - but it still has all the old FIFA characteristics of too many sweet spots to score, too easy to pull off flicks and tricks and the gameplay still having that general feel of it being on rails. It does pwn PES with its razzmatazz and presentation, as well as the all sexy gameplay modes and official licenses which blow PES' features out of the water. 

PES is still the daddy when it come's to pure arcade gameplay, to be a good player requires zen like skill and concentration, truly only god's chosen children can master the PES.   

• Like 2

Fifa has become more like a football sim, and Pro, with disastrous consequences, tried to follow.

It should have stayed as an arcade Super Smash Football style game.

We still play PES 6 in our house, ridiculous but brilliant game. The Random Selection Match is a great feature, should be in all the new games.

The most recent Pro is disgusting. Still hoping the new one will return the name to former glories though because I hate FIFA.

Edited by Tomaszk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Olg5BSDz2I

wow look at how smooth that is. Really want to see more of this, looks brilliant. The leaked fifa 14 video looks exactly like fifa 13 or whatever fifa you prefer. Need to see more of that too since there is so little but pes looks way better imo.

Graphically very very impressive but as always I need to see if the gameplay will match up.

Generally, I want my footie games to be as close to the real thing as possible (while retaining the fun factor of course). FIFA 13 is imo the most realistic football simulation ever created for the mass market, but if PES can do the same this time it'd be great.

Looks brilliant? Looks a pile of gash, Arghhh them arrows when the passing the ball. Why?!

That's just an aid you can to have if you're playing with manual passing. You can turn it off it you want.

I think the gameplay looks really good. I obviously need to see more but it certainly looks better than FIFA.

Looks like a rather large pile of Meh to me.

When did it get so sluggish looking?

Obviously will have to play it to pass any sort of real judgement. Not a lot in there that gives me much hope though.

Â