Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

vandaq

i cant unfortunately name anybody else whos into this game, everyone who i know whos into football games are fifa people, however after much consideration and having a go on fifa, ill be staying with pro evo

they might not have the licenses and as in depth gaming experience, but for me, i like to edit, change, create, update whatever i like, and with pro evo, its idiot friendly and i can do almost anything i want, not only this, but i like to cheat, im crap at game consols, so if i cant cheat, im rubbish, which frustrates me and i lose interest, at least with pro evo i can win games and for that short time makes myself think that im good at football, lol

im still playing pes12 and still learning, not bored yet!

not really always found FIFA too flashy and easy to score so wasnt for me. played in my mates about 2 years ago and was 2-0 up after about 10 minutes of the game. 

Edited by Zatman

looks like once again their utter laziness means that IMO its unplayable until you download an unofficial patch, I can live with having to change west midlands village myself and ignore the badges, I **** hate the kits not even trying to resemble the actual ones and the last weeks worth of transfers not being done though

Yeah, they are really showing some baffling decisions. Missing way too many faces for launch, weird/bad shooting(I seriously don`t know what they thought) Same can be said for the power bar, what is the effect? It is so confusing. 

Menus look awful, music is bad and there is very little off it.

No cutscenes in master league for some reason, rubbish transfer window and so on.

Game feels like an alpha/beta at this stage. Such a shame, because some of the things on the pitch is so well done but is being held back by others. 2015 can be a huge year if they get their act together and get some help from their new london studio(which they have confirmed will start helping them on from now). Disappointing.

However, game will get much better when they get some patches and new faces which will help the realism aspect a little bit. Unofficial and official. 

Good god this game is a mess, even for Pro Evo!! The framerate issues and appauling crowd SFX are almost like things to cling on to at this stage. At least those have been there since the start.

I am no fan of FIFA but this feels like playing FIFA with some weird, half finished PC Mod that doesn't work properly installed. For years the state of Pro Evo would fill me with despair, now it's just funny.

Edited by flamingsombrero

i like this game for the editing options to customise what you want, however they might be due to lack of licences? ive changed m mind in wanting to buy this game now, ill wait till next year, gta5 will keep me busy for the next 12 months

They did a huge gamble on this. The engine is to powerful for current-gen, it really limited them. Having literally no faces and shitty modes with a menu that looks from 98 isn`t helping. Maybe it`s just me though, but the potential here looks huge.

I guess the question is if they can fix it, if they are able to so many things poorly then it`s hard to put faith in them. Still the biggest change that has happened within football games in the last 7 years. 

• Like 1

I guess the question is if they can fix it

I dojnt think it is, I think the question is do konami think its a problem and they bothered enough to do something about it

with the answer being im not convinced they do and I wouldn't trust them to do anything to make it better

It's far from the finished product so is definitely a work in progress. They've completely rebuilt the game in the FOX engine from the ground up and whilst this installment isn't too great I can certainly see the potential. I think maybe next year or the year after that when they've had time to develop in certain areas it'll be really good and sort of challenging FIFA again.

Fifa is way more arcade with how it looks and feels. PES is much slower and the animations are more varied and detailed at times.

Anyway, hard to recommend it as this is not worth full price. I look much more forward to their future titles.

I've played this online with no problems at all and my broadband is medicore (live in a village) The only annoying thing is the people you play, 9/10 pick Barcelona or Real Madrid. I either resort to picking Motherwell and let them feel great about themselves or pick Germany and cane them.

It does spoil it however, the other annoying thing is in the ranking games you cannot use the chat facilty - therefore you cant call them clearings in the woods when they pick the best team

Â