Drugs

PussEKatt

Coke is the drug of choice for celebs , industry captains , politicians , high end brass and basically anyone with a few £££

Not that addictive and not as lethal as H. Would never try H. Or crack.

The thing for me is, if you're going to do drugs, that's your choice but if you do that to excess and cause yourself health problems or even death, then you that's your problem.

If you do things in moderation then that's also your choice.

I also don't think that drug problems should be treated on the NHS.

Alcohol is worse than cocaine for sure if abused

True.  I was having breakfast in one of the Wetherspoons in Exeter at 11:15 on a Saturday morning a few weeks ago (we were on a special event) and the place was already about 30-40% full of Wetherspoons' finest habitual drunkards.  There was a table of three of them sitting not too far from us, eating fry-ups and drinking shorts.  One of them must have been about 45-50, and he was shaking so badly he could barely co-ordinate his cutlery with the plate.

A chang soldier could have drank right through the night and then sat next to him, downing the same drinks while demonstrating apparent stamina/sobriety.  Then cave in for a good 12 hours at some point in the mid-afternoon.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't like to get stuck heavily into either, which is why I don't.  I barely even drink these days, don't take drugs and haven't smoked for over 10 years.

The thing for me is, if you're going to do drugs, that's your choice but if you do that to excess and cause yourself health problems or even death, then you that's your problem.

If you do things in moderation then that's also your choice.

what about alcohol related problems or food related health problems or even smoking related health problems, people that don't even smoke end up with lung cancer from passive smoking, to some people drug addiction is a illness and needs treating, but I respect your views because a lot of people would also agree, all kinds of people end up in hospital due to their lifestyle choices wether it be legal or illegal

Alcohol is worse than cocaine for sure if abused

True. I was having breakfast in one of the Wetherspoons in Exeter at 11:15 on a Saturday morning a few weeks ago (we were on a special event) and the place was already about 30-40% full of Wetherspoons' finest habitual drunkards. There was a table of three of them sitting not too far from us, eating fry-ups and drinking shorts. One of them must have been about 45-50, and he was shaking so badly he could barely co-ordinate his cutlery with the plate.

A chang soldier could have drank right through the night and then sat next to him, downing the same drinks while demonstrating apparent stamina/sobriety. Then cave in for a good 12 hours at some point in the mid-afternoon.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't like to get stuck heavily into either, which is why I don't. I barely even drink these days, don't take drugs and haven't smoked for over 10 years.

funny you should say that because every day in our wetherspoons its the same old faces getting their daily need of alcohol, any addiction is bad but alcohol addiction for me is deffo one of the worse, alcoholism is a terrible disease, in reality if cocaine and some other drugs are illegal so should alcohol but that will never happen and I don't want it to happen ha, even back in the days of christ people were getting high

You need to be careful when taking cocaine...

tumblr_lz8hwp1GNL1qln1wzo1_500.gif

• Like 1

My feeling is that the reason drugs like cigarettes and alcohol are legal is because they are easy to tax. Like they have a production process that can be seen and needs a lot of investment in (yeah you can fire homebrew in my face but its not the same).

Sweet Mary Jane is illegal because any dude can grow it, ergo it can't be taxed. 

Alcohol is clearly the drug with the most destructive effect on society, at least in terms of the number of users, but ironically it is also the most boring of drugs.

Whoever said that drug problems shouldn't be treated by the NHS.... I disagree sorry. The worst and most destrictive drug upon my life that I have ever taken was citalopram, which was prescribed to me by the NHS.

As someone with aspergers syndrome, and a historic difficulty in relaxing, I think weed is a godsend. I have found positive effects in all different parts of my life which I attribute to it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on drugs that really expand your consciousness like ayahuasca? I think there is enough circumstantial evidence around that drugs that expand your mind are something that have had a positive effect on the human historical trajectory...

• Like 2

You'd rather let substance abuse go untreated?

Sure, people make a conscious decision to start taking drugs, but I don't think we should just write people off because they make a mistake and become addicted. I've briefly worked at a drug and alcohol abuse clinic, and in just a few months I saw a good number of people helped to have their lives turned around. Quite a few of them relapse and end up back where they started, but with the help of the NHS some people manage to get themselves clean for good and improve their life, I think we should be proud that the NHS offers the service.

Saturday and Sunday mornings I get to walk the dog as I'm not at work. I often walk past the local weatherspoons at 8-830am and there are blokes in there drinking pints At that time.

That for me is a truly shocking and depressing sight.

My feeling is that the reason drugs like cigarettes and alcohol are legal is because they are easy to tax. Like they have a production process that can be seen and needs a lot of investment in (yeah you can fire homebrew in my face but its not the same).

Sweet Mary Jane is illegal because any dude can grow it, ergo it can't be taxed. 

Alcohol is clearly the drug with the most destructive effect on society, at least in terms of the number of users, but ironically it is also the most boring of drugs.

Whoever said that drug problems shouldn't be treated by the NHS.... I disagree sorry. The worst and most destrictive drug upon my life that I have ever taken was citalopram, which was prescribed to me by the NHS.

As someone with aspergers syndrome, and a historic difficulty in relaxing, I think weed is a godsend. I have found positive effects in all different parts of my life which I attribute to it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on drugs that really expand your consciousness like ayahuasca? I think there is enough circumstantial evidence around that drugs that expand your mind are something that have had a positive effect on the human historical trajectory...

I would love to go to Brazil and try Ayahuasca, definitely on the bucket list!

There's a reason they call them 'mind expanding drugs'..

terence_mckenna2.jpg

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

Saturday and Sunday mornings I get to walk the dog as I'm not at work. I often walk past the local weatherspoons at 8-830am and there are blokes in there drinking pints At that time.

I know, Wetherspoons are crap.

lol - its actually also on my 101 things to do before I die list - but before I am 30.

What do you reckon the chances are of organising a Villatalk outing?? Maybe during the world cup next year...

I get a bit funny about people calling plants that grow naturally a drug. For me a drug is something that goes through a chemical process to be made... although I know that the literal definition says I am wrong on this. The natural ones tend to expand your conciousness, but the man made ones tend to narrow it. I can never understand why people would go to town to basically get tunnel visioned and fall over, when you could find a nice 'clearing in the woods' and explore space, time, and feel completely at ease and one with the entire universe.

I just want to add the caveat that I am not some kind of drugs bum.. I actually consider myself to live quite a wholesome, healthy, and stereotypically successful(ish) life. I just like exploring the caverns of my mind sometimes. 

On a side note... it is the single most ridiculous piece of legislation in the world, that hemp is illegal. I think this is a crime as big as any in the world today...

• Like 1

I know quite a few people that go for a pint or two at 7am, after work. Its no different to finishing work at 5pm and going to the pub for a couple of pints. You really shouldn't judge people by your own lifestyle. Before 24 hour drinking there were always pubs that opened at about 6am around the wholesale markets to serve people finishing work who wanted a few jars before going to bed.

• Like 1

lol - its actually also on my 101 things to do before I die list - but before I am 30.

What do you reckon the chances are of organising a Villatalk outing?? Maybe during the world cup next year...

I get a bit funny about people calling plants that grow naturally a drug. For me a drug is something that goes through a chemical process to be made... although I know that the literal definition says I am wrong on this. The natural ones tend to expand your conciousness, but the man made ones tend to narrow it. I can never understand why people would go to town to basically get tunnel visioned and fall over, when you could find a nice 'clearing in the woods' and explore space, time, and feel completely at ease and one with the entire universe.

I just want to add the caveat that I am not some kind of drugs bum.. I actually consider myself to live quite a wholesome, healthy, and stereotypically successful(ish) life. I just like exploring the caverns of my mind sometimes. 

On a side note... it is the single most ridiculous piece of legislation in the world, that hemp is illegal. I think this is a crime as big as any in the world today...

Yeah the Hemp thing is ridiculous

This is interesting documentary about why Cannabis/hemp became illegal, basically it was poised to replace paper but William Randolph Hearst ( owner of the largest paper chain) objected to it.. Narrated by Woody Harrelson...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpDKfj7X8A0

Oh and you won't be surprised to hear it was a racial thing as well, against the Blacks and the Mexicans that used Marijuana.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I know quite a few people that go for a pint or two at 7am, after work. Its no different to finishing work at 5pm and going to the pub for a couple of pints. You really shouldn't judge people by your own lifestyle. Before 24 hour drinking there were always pubs that opened at about 6am around the wholesale markets to serve people finishing work who wanted a few jars before going to bed.

pah! beat me to it. Time of day / day of week kinda presumes everybody is living to your particular diary.

Though to be fair, the pound fifty a pint Wetherspoon hardcore supporter is rarely in employment.

well my percieved definition of a drug would be:

A substance either natural or synthetic in origin that when taken into a body alters it function and/or structure.

Under that definition generally I would say I would not advocate the administering of a drug, which very much matches my real world view of how i use both medicinal and recreational drugs,. i.e. I tend to avoid the use of drugs as much as possible and let my body function as normally as possible. Now obviously there are circumstances where the desired altered function is useful or desired, this could be to counteract an already occurring dysfunction or to induce an alteration of function that is enjoyable or desirable. obviously before using such drugs (either medicinal or recreational) I think it's important to consider any undesired or accompanying changes to function ortherwise known as side effects, both short and long term, physical mental and those of a social consequence and decide if the trade off between the desired and undesired effects is acceptable.or in other words worth it. i also respect my fellow man has a right to make these decisions for himself and would see my only responsibility be to hopefully make him informed enough to make the decision himself, I personally are pretty sure I wouldn't take a drug without some rudimentary understanding of what it is and what it does, But it isn't for me to say others have to hold this view. Admittedly when considering if someone is competent ( either inherently or through an already drug induced altered mental state the whole subject becomes far more difficult to define a suitable course of action.

Â