Arsenal Vs Wigan

vivahate

Great bit of trolling from a Villa fan on the small heath forum :

Clicky

Anybody with an account on that forum should start a thread asking the Blues fans if they are still all going up to the DW Stadium next week. 

I'm delighted we are safe, but I'm actually quite sad to see that it was at the expense of Wigan.  I'd much preferred it to be someone like Sunderland or Norwich. 

Agreed. Now that they're relegated you have to tip your hats to them for what they have achieved in the last few years*.

He really should have sorted that defence out though!

*Having said that, Whelan is a prick

Clicky

Anybody with an account on that forum should start a thread asking the Blues fans if they are still all going up to the DW Stadium next week. 

There is a thread on there asking about parking at the Ricoh. :)

Juliette Ferrington, BBC Sport reporter

Not sure Wigan were one of the three worst teams in the Premier League, but it was good fun while it lasted with some great memories.

Yes, they were. Hence why they are relegated.

Wigan are a poor excuse for a club, their attendances are even worse than the scum down the road when they were int he prem, if you can remember that far back.

I'm glad to see them go. The more 'bigger' clubs there are in the prem, the better. I'd rather teams come to villa park with a decent following which youre more likely to get with Sunderland than Wigan.

Clicky

Had a read of that thread...the hatred and jealousy makes my heart sing :)

• Like 1

Actually the fact small heath rapists have a thread on their forum about two teams in a different league that has no bearing on them whatsoever is a bit...obseessed...aint it?

Actually the fact small heath rapists have a thread on their forum about two teams in a different league that has no bearing on them whatsoever is a bit...obseessed...aint it?

Fans on both sides can be classed as obsessed tbh, dont understand it myself. Half the tweets tonight ive seen are from blues fans obsessed with the fact that wigan losing has kept us up. Even planning a trip to see us relegated at wigan, really is pathetic.

Wigan are a poor excuse for a club, their attendances are even worse than the scum down the road when they were int he prem, if you can remember that far back.

This argument really annoys me.  

Wigan are kinda like Walsall, only instead of being sandwiched between Birmingham and Wolverhampton they are sandwiched between Liverpool and Manchester.  

They were non league until about the time we last won the title, and then they spent 20 years hanging around in the lower divisions.   If you happened to be from Wigan and over the age of lets say, 25, and your house is barely 15 miles from Anfield, or Goodison, or Old Trafford or Maine Road then can you really be blamed for supporting one of those clubs?  Ditto if you are from the areas immediately surrounding Wigan then your local team is probably going to Manchester United or Liverpool or Everton or City or Bolton.  You aren't going to support Wigan. They are utterly **** by geography. They probably have the smallest catchment area in the English game. 

Compare that to Sunderland (who you used as an example) who really only have one local rival then it's pretty obvious why the gates are so different in size.  If you live in Sunderland then you are closer to Edinburgh and Glasgow than you are to Manchester and Liverpool so if you want to go to a game then you support one of two teams or you have a six hour round trip for every home game.  I'm not sure why a club is more deserving of Premier League football because it has fewer local rivals or a bigger catchment area. 

• Like 3

We have the same on our 'other football' forum. 

Â