Arsenal Vs Wigan

vivahate

Wigan are a poor excuse for a club, their attendances are even worse than the scum down the road when they were int he prem, if you can remember that far back.

I'm glad to see them go. The more 'bigger' clubs there are in the prem, the better. I'd rather teams come to villa park with a decent following which youre more likely to get with Sunderland than Wigan.

Don't agree that the more bigger clubs in the premiere league the better. Kind of sad to see Wigan go really! No matter what happens though they have got an FA Cup to show for it. If they can hold on to Martinez and their squad they can come straight back.

Wigan are a poor excuse for a club, their attendances are even worse than the scum down the road when they were int he prem, if you can remember that far back.

This argument really annoys me.  

Wigan are kinda like Walsall, only instead of being sandwiched between Birmingham and Wolverhampton they are sandwiched between Liverpool and Manchester.  

They were non league until about the time we last won the title, and then they spent 20 years hanging around in the lower divisions.   If you happened to be from Wigan and over the age of lets say, 25, and your house is barely 15 miles from Anfield, or Goodison, or Old Trafford or Maine Road then can you really be blamed for supporting one of those clubs?  Ditto if you are from the areas immediately surrounding Wigan then your local team is probably going to Manchester United or Liverpool or Everton or City or Bolton.  You aren't going to support Wigan. They are utterly **** by geography. They probably have the smallest catchment area in the English game. 

Compare that to Sunderland (who you used as an example) who really only have one local rival then it's pretty obvious why the gates are so different in size.  If you live in Sunderland then you are closer to Edinburgh and Glasgow than you are to Manchester and Liverpool so if you want to go to a game then you support one of two teams or you have a six hour round trip for every home game.  I'm not sure why a club is more deserving of Premier League football because it has fewer local rivals or a bigger catchment area. 

Yes and Wigan is more famous for Rugby and George Orwell really. They were a non league club until 1978 and it wasn't until Dave Whelan took over they made progress through the leagues. Many people may dislike him because he's outspoken but what he has done for that football club is fantastic. The population of Wigan is only 81000 and they took nearly half that to Wembley. So its very unfair to knock them just because they are small.

I'm glad to see them go. The more 'bigger' clubs there are in the prem, the better. I'd rather teams come to villa park with a decent following which youre more likely to get with Sunderland than Wigan.

Don't agree that the more bigger clubs in the premiere league the better. Kind of sad to see Wigan go really! No matter what happens though they have got an FA Cup to show for it. If they can hold on to Martinez and their squad they can come straight back.

Can't see it. They're going to be pillaged over the summer and I can't see Martinez staying around.

Martinez, Di Santo, Maloney, McCarthy and McManaman will all leave.

Could depend on whether he gets the Everton job! What other top jobs are there going? He's turned down us and Liverpool

Martinez, Di Santo, Maloney, McCarthy and McManaman will all leave.

Could depend on whether he gets the Everton job! What other top jobs are there going? He's turned down us and Liverpool

He turned down us and Liverpool when he had a secure PL job though. Now he's got a trophy on his CV and he's unlikely to top that with Wigan. If he doesn't get the Everton job then Malaga might have an opening.

Wigan - the type of club who are at the heart of why England has such a poor national team.

Figueroa, Boyce, Joel Robles, Di Santo, Crusat, Kone.  All cheap foreign crap that could've been the likes of Westwood or Bennett or Lowton.

The turd that wouldn't flush has finally been pushed round the u-bend by an Arsenal shaped bog brush.

Good riddance.

• Like 3

Wigan - the type of club who are at the heart of why England has such a poor national team.

Figueroa, Boyce, Joel Robles, Di Santo, Crusat, Kone.  All cheap foreign crap that could've been the likes of Westwood or Bennett or Lowton.

The turd that wouldn't flush has finally been pushed round the u-bend by an Arsenal shaped bog brush.

Good riddance.

The same could be said for Arsenal and Chelsea then. Not cheap but still foreign

TBH, it's relief that the Wigs have gone rather than us, but I'd rather have 19 of them than a Chelski or Man Ci£y.

Probably mean we'd win the title then!!

Yes its those type of clubs with mega rich owners that are running football not the minnow clubs

Wigan play after-goal celebration music and for that reason, more than any other, I am glad that they are gone.

The accumulative royalties must be about 12p.

nothing really against Wigan as has been a great story but as they have 2 absolute horrible people associated with the club in Dave Whelan and jimmy Bullard then I have little sympathy for them

nothing really against Wigan as has been a great story but as they have 2 absolute horrible people associated with the club in Dave Whelan and jimmy Bullard then I have little sympathy for them

What's wrong with Jimmy Bullard? He left 7 years ago.

Â