FIFA 14

hogso

Sooo. Am I the only who enjoys this game? In division 8 so far record is 11-2-2 (both losses due to signing out of the shit ea servers). Gonna try get into UT, so any tips?

I had the same kind of experience initially. Just wait until you get into the top 2-3 divisons.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the game thoroughly up until I got to division 2. Div 3 I started noticing how monotonous most players were but I was still able to win. Div 2 was were I started getting angry. All people did was chip through balls and I was losing. After a little while I got used to it and advanced to Div 1 and this is where I started hating the game. You play these shite squads that literally just have the fastest players to sprint onto chipped through balls. I only won div 1 once now and after I did, I stopped playing seasons. I stick to trading and occasionally play cups with fun/trolly teams. It's really annoying when I get scripted though. I used an all Czech team with Nedved and I would still get scripted. 

What's scripting?

When playing a single player match have you ever noticed that for no reason whatsoever all of your passes go astray. Or that no matter how hard you try the ball always rebounds back to computer controlled players every time you make a tackle, usually resulting in a goal. Usually happens late in each half. The odd thing about Career mode is that player speeds seem to change. I've lost count of the amount of times Agbonlahor has been out paced by opposition defenders.

What's scripting?

When playing a single player match have you ever noticed that for no reason whatsoever all of your passes go astray. Or that no matter how hard you try the ball always rebounds back to computer controlled players every time you make a tackle, usually resulting in a goal. Usually happens late in each half. The odd thing about Career mode is that player speeds seem to change. I've lost count of the amount of times Agbonlahor has been out paced by opposition defenders.

It happens online too.  I don't play offline.

What's scripting?

When I have a better team than my opponent, EA will make my players run slower and make their shots/passes go astray. I spend time trading and playing to get a really good team on ultimate team, then I play someone with a cheap pacey squad and I tend to experience scripting. It's like EA wants me to sell all my coins and just play with a cheap pace abusing team. 

It does, ive had 5-10k brazilian skill teams which are the best fun i have ever had and then when i build an all out bundesliga team with ribery, robben, gotze, lew, gundogan and schweinsteiger they all play like absolute retards. Started to throw atleast 2-3 silvers into my teams now.

I still haven't played a single game online (and have no intention of doing so). Career Mode all the way for me. I find it a more attractive and entertaining option rather than dealing with a load of cheating arseholes who use the same tactic every time to score a goal.

That's how I see career mode as well to be honest :(

Played this on my mate's PS4 again on Saturday. only the second time I've played it.

You can't play 2vs2 online anymore with two of you on the same console?

Are the next gen of consoles trying to completely get rid of local multiplayer?

Played this on my mate's PS4 again on Saturday. only the second time I've played it.

You can't play 2vs2 online anymore with two of you on the same console?

Are the next gen of consoles trying to completely get rid of local multiplayer?

Yeah it's stupid.

Apparently they didn't have time to get the guest mode working. No doubt it will be included in FIFA15 as a brand new feature. It's a joke.

Seriously though, when he got his PS4 he got Fifa, Battlefield 4, COD, need for Speed and Killzone

So I went round his the day after he got it to have a day racing and shooting each other, Only to find that only Fifa and COD have local multiplayer (and as mentioned, FIFA seems to be less supported than previous titles)

I was very surprised a game like NFS didn't have splitscreen.

Mad, maybe I'm "old school" but isn't going round a mate's house to play video games a thing anymore?

I completely agree. I love it when people come over to mine and we go online together split screen. More games should do it. It's quite fun really!

I mean on FIFA, the least it should let you do is to both sign into your own gamertags on one machine and then go into 2v2 matchmaking. The fact that to play 2v2 you need to be on separate machines just seems a bit backwards.

Edited by PieFacE

Â