Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I'm thinking way ahead to next season transfer window and PL will have the base of his squad sorted after this window,

So he will be in a really good position to clear the last of the deadwood. Unfortunately, one of these youngsters will probably play well all season and we will probably lose him. At the moment looks like Benteke for 30 odd million (assuming an equally good season)

But PL will still have the bulk of his squad sorted. So I think at that point he will spend 10+ mil on some marque signings. At that point, if we are linked to Belhanda, I'll believe it!

Indeed.... At the moment we are building the squad to a level where we have competition for places with a group of players that want to play for the club, hopefully for the next 3-4 years we can have a core with the likes of Okore, Baker, Westwood, Lowton, Weimann, Delph/Sylla, Helenius and any others we may go for.. I don't think we will keep Benteke past this season, unless he flops a little which could happen...

Exciting times :) UTV!

What makes you think we're going to be able to keep hold of all the players you mention if they keep up their rate of improvement?

If they improve, we improve, we get higher up the table, get into Europe then players will want to stay... (That's the simple version for me)

Would love to see Luna do a full "Moon" in front of opposing fans whenever he scores for us.

What a goal celebration that would be, especially if it was against sha at the sty to knock them out of the FA Cup.

Would love to see him do it too just for the bare faced cheek :D

Hopefully the FA would take a lenient view of it too & grant him im-moonity :P

• Like 1

Would love to see Luna do a full "Moon" in front of opposing fans whenever he scores for us.

What a goal celebration that would be, especially if it was against sha at the sty to knock them out of the FA Cup.

Would love to see him do it too just for the bare faced cheek :D

Hopefully the FA would take a lenient view of it too & grant him im-moonity :P

Or at least post his bail.

Have a look at Jakub Kosecki of Legia Warsaw on YouTube. 22 years old. Attacking midfielder. 9 goals in 23 games. Somebody will be in for this lad.

Nooo, definitely not! Too lightweight, not good enough for us. Very overrated player (his father is politician and big figure in Polish football).

Edited by chakal

I'm thinking way ahead to next season transfer window and PL will have the base of his squad sorted after this window,

So he will be in a really good position to clear the last of the deadwood. Unfortunately, one of these youngsters will probably play well all season and we will probably lose him. At the moment looks like Benteke for 30 odd million (assuming an equally good season)

But PL will still have the bulk of his squad sorted. So I think at that point he will spend 10+ mil on some marque signings. At that point, if we are linked to Belhanda, I'll believe it!

Indeed.... At the moment we are building the squad to a level where we have competition for places with a group of players that want to play for the club, hopefully for the next 3-4 years we can have a core with the likes of Okore, Baker, Westwood, Lowton, Weimann, Delph/Sylla, Helenius and any others we may go for.. I don't think we will keep Benteke past this season, unless he flops a little which could happen...

Exciting times :) UTV!

What makes you think we're going to be able to keep hold of all the players you mention if they keep up their rate of improvement?

If they improve, we improve, we get higher up the table, get into Europe then players will want to stay... (That's the simple version for me)

Yes it is the simple version but will Benteke wait?

The same also applies to the other players but again it depends on how quickly we improve.

It is really important that we continue to strengthen our squad after we sign Luna and had a clearout of the likes of Bent, Bannan, Ireland, Stevens, Given and Hutton.

We will still need another GK and more importantly a creative attacking midfielder. I really hope that Lambert is looking at a Praet, Bernard or Belhanda to sit behind Benteke and create chances and chip in with a few goals.

Not sure if we'd need any further additions to the squad after that without one of our current first teamers leaving.

Have a look at Jakub Kosecki of Legia Warsaw on YouTube. 22 years old. Attacking midfielder. 9 goals in 23 games. Somebody will be in for this lad.

Is he the son of our full back of yesteryear....darius?

No. That was Dariusz Kubicki

thanks...old age creeping on.

I think we should to after Keisuke Honda. He was awesome tonight in the confederations cup, he's available on a free and I can't imagine his wage demands would be to outrageous.

He'll be on a pretty penny at CSKA. No chance.

I think we should to after Keisuke Honda. He was awesome tonight in the confederations cup, he's available on a free and I can't imagine his wage demands would be to outrageous.

He'll be on a pretty penny at CSKA. No chance.

I thought he was on about 40K a week?? Could be wrong (probably am) ;)  

I like Muhammad Salah of Basel; he's been impressive in the u-21 tournament and the Europa League for Basel.

He has just scored 4 goals in two games for Egypt. 3 goals in a 4-2 game and one in a one nil game. He currently plays on the right wing coming in on his left foot but the last two egypt games he has played more as a false number 9. He has improved on his finishing.

He has blistering pace he put bale on show at white heart lane and scored against both Tottenham and Chelsea in the Europa league. It was reported Tottenham were intrested in him after both these ties. Worth a watch on YouTube his match highlights against both teams.

He currently is my fav player in the Egyptian setup. And I would be getting SALAH on the back for sure but there's no links :(