Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

TBH I hope the last one is English.  

Flooding the team with good foreigners is fine with me, up to a point, but I dont want us to turn into the next Arsenal.

Nigel, while I admire your patriotism, if I were to offer you CL for 16 successive seasons, the premier league, the FA Cup, a new stadium and 60,000 regular supporters I think you might take it even if it meant more foreign players.

The bottom line is that they are better value for money.  It doesn't bother me that Benteke, Guzan, Weimann, Mellberg, Laursen and Yorke are not British.  All I am bothered about is can they play and will they give their all for the cause.  

It would be nice having a team with the likes of Young, Milner, Downing and Barry, but we have shown that we can't keep hold of them even if we want to.

No thanks

Was talking to a fellow at the IW Festival today, he is Danish and saw me in my Villa shirt, came over shouting "Hey Laursen" (ha!) and then proceeded to tell me we have got a player on our hands who will be worth more money than Benteke :)

TBH I hope the last one is English.  

Flooding the team with good foreigners is fine with me, up to a point, but I dont want us to turn into the next Arsenal.

Nigel, while I admire your patriotism, if I were to offer you CL for 16 successive seasons, the premier league, the FA Cup, a new stadium and 60,000 regular supporters I think you might take it even if it meant more foreign players.

The bottom line is that they are better value for money.  It doesn't bother me that Benteke, Guzan, Weimann, Mellberg, Laursen and Yorke are not British.  All I am bothered about is can they play and will they give their all for the cause.  

It would be nice having a team with the likes of Young, Milner, Downing and Barry, but we have shown that we can't keep hold of them even if we want to.

No thanks

Fair enough, how about an extended Villa Park that regularly attracted 60,000 fans.

Free transfer usually means big wages

my wife is struggling to find work after being made redundant, I'll tell her that her wage demands are probably unreasonable

Unless your wife is a professional footballer I'm not fully sure how that's remotely relevant

Mystery man could be a goalkeeper? A cheaper option with a bit of experience to replace Given.

I think Mystery Target will be a bigger signing, not marquee or Bent-like fee but probably about 10 million or so who's better known than Bacuna or Helenius.

Mystery man could be a goalkeeper? A cheaper option with a bit of experience to replace Given.

I think Mystery Target will be a bigger signing, not marquee or Bent-like fee but probably about 10 million or so who's better known than Bacuna or Helenius.

Sounds like Belhanda