Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Could be a decent amount of squad depth next season for the first time in years.

Guzan (Given, so far)

Lowton (???)  Vlaar (Okore)   Baker (Clark)   Cresswell? (Bennett)

Westwood (???)      Delph (Sylla)

Weimann (Bacuna)          Murphy? (***)      Agbonlahor (Tonev)

Benteke (Helenius)

***Tonev, Bacuna, Grealish, Carruthers in rotation

Interesting to see what happens at CB, Baker deserves another go and I still think Clark can come good but Okore is probably the more talented of the three. Could shift Okore to RCB and Vlaar to LCB so that Bennett/New LB have the more experienced CB??

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

Could be a decent amount of squad depth next season for the first time in years.

Guzan (Given, so far)

Benteke (Helenius)

Interesting to see what happens at CB, Baker deserves another go and I still think Clark can come good but Okore is probably the more talented of the three. Could shift Okore to RCB and Vlaar to LCB so that Bennett/New LB have the more experienced CB??

If we're still after Popov and Belhanda it's also sign that Lambert wants to get different kind of players for some positions who he can play depending on opponent which would be a very good thing.

• Like 1

Bacuna is too slow for the winger position and has a deadly shot on deadball situations but misses alot when shooting from dribbles. A very egotistical player that goes for glory and a player I don't like to see here. I'd rather go for Djuricic for that position or Sieme de Jong and maybe even Tadic. :P

Sounds like the perfect replacement for CNZ!

While I am not the biggest fan of the following players on here, the fact that Lambert appears to have bought Westwood, Sylla, Lowton, Vlaar and Tonev for less money than what Martin O'Neill bought Curtis Davies makes me   :bang:

Edited by Woodytom

Petrov possibly suggesting Tonev, Laursen possibly suggesting Okore...

Which other ex-Villa players could be suggesting players for us? It does appear we're using our connections well!

JPA recommending Falcao.............oh wait

Edited by Zatman

Guzan (Given, so far)

Benteke (Helenius)

Definitely need more options in the 'new' formation that proved to work so well in the second half of the season. I guess that this is what Lambert is trying to achieve, we need depth and I am very happy that he is doing this straight away. Thank god we have a manager that understands we have to get a back-up as soon as possible for Benteke if he is to play as a lone striker.

Also must be good as a player to see a club where you know if you train hard and get your head down, you will get a chance on the pitch. No big names, no egos.

I think we'll be seeing quite a few more signings yet!

Edited by samjp26

Agreed. I would like to see the deadwood leaving now though, its not happening quick enough for my liking. Every week we are throwing money away on their wages.

Problem is you need to find a buyer and that isn't easy if the deadwood is on silly money.

Apparently this Bacuna chap has been converted into a box to box midfielder recently rather than being a winger.

We once had a player like that...

And I still want him back.

Everything was going so well, all these exciting fancy named players on their way in. Now you just gone made me sad again.

Jimmy, we're sorry, won't you come on home?

Twitter BS alert.

I stumbled across a tweet that said we were in talks with Man City regading the trransfer of one of their players ..... Dare to dream?

Unfortuately, further stumbling lead to the name Jack Rodwell ..... who would certainly keep the Physio team busy!

Agreed. I would like to see the deadwood leaving now though, its not happening quick enough for my liking. Every week we are throwing money away on their wages.

Bent will find a buyer no problem. 29 and proven scorer.

Ireland will be allowed to leave for free and someone in Spain (he hopes) will come in for him. Hutton too. Given will also be allowed to leave for free I'd imagine. 

I wouldn't worry if these players are still with us when the season starts as plenty of clubs will miss their first and second choice targets and then settle for picking up these. 

Whilst I am enjoying all the speciation, those talking of a fantastic summer are running a bit soon for my liking. We've actually only signed one player so far.

I'm not complaining, it is still June. I'm just saying... One player.

Whilst I am enjoying all the speciation, those talking of a fantastic summer are running a bit soon for my liking. We've actually only signed one player so far.

I'm not complaining, it is still June. I'm just saying... One player.

will be 3 by Tuesdays press conference.

So everyone keeps telling me.