Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Bent going to Newcastle would be really good .. I think they're changing and trying to get some English players .. Which would let them little bit out of the foreign market .. And that could make it easier for us out there .. Especially in France ..

+ We have a space in the wage bell .. And the fee we get !

Anyway I think this is a hard one tbh ..

I think Newcastle's plight should serve to teach others, including ourselves.

That side should have been nowhere near the relegation zone, regardless of their injuries.

If we sign the players who have been linked, then I think we should start to look a bit closer to home for any further additions. 

I don't think that this will be a problem at Villa.  We have a core of British players in Baker, Gabby, Lowton, Westwood and Delph.  Players from abroad such as Guzan, Weimann and Vlaar are English speaking and not likely to rock the boat.  At Newcastle there are a number of French speaking players whose English is poor and it has been difficult to integrate them all.  In addition Pardew is a word removed.

Bent going to Newcastle would be really good .. I think they're changing and trying to get some English players .. Which would let them little bit out of the foreign market .. And that could make it easier for us out there .. Especially in France ..

+ We have a space in the wage bell .. And the fee we get !

Anyway I think this is a hard one tbh ..

I think Newcastle's plight should serve to teach others, including ourselves.

That side should have been nowhere near the relegation zone, regardless of their injuries.

If we sign the players who have been linked, then I think we should start to look a bit closer to home for any further additions. 

Yeah I know .. But people are moaning on them to get some English players .... blah blah blah .. Even if I'm not mistaken Pardew himself said that they need English players .. So they might be trying to change their policy somehow ?

I think people need to forget about Belhanda.

But I don't want to! I like the thought, so for now I'll just hold on to it.

And besides for fueling hope, twitter's your friend:

@AGFutbolNews

On the brighter side for #AVFC fans. The signing of Belhanda is looking like a done deal. A fee and personal terms agreed. Medical pending.

---

#AVFC fans doubting that Belhanda is set to undergo his medical - I will be expecting several apologies next week.

Edited by Gompedyret

Petrov possibly suggesting Tonev, Laursen possibly suggesting Okore...

Which other ex-Villa players could be suggesting players for us? It does appear we're using our connections well!

I think people need to forget about Belhanda.

But I don't want to! I like the thought, so for now I'll just hold on to it.

And besides for fueling hope, twitter's your friend:

@AGFutbolNews

On the brighter side for #AVFC fans. The signing of Belhanda is looking like a done deal. A fee and personal terms agreed. Medical pending.

---

#AVFC fans doubting that Belhanda is set to undergo his medical - I will be expecting several apologies next week.

Haha that guy also says Benteke will leave because he is upset Guzan won the POTY award over him. That's rich.

Damn! Have I been fooled? I can't believe it! People deliberately lying on twitter, it's all a bit too much. Oh, the humanity.

But wait! Another one informs that Villa has signed Danny Welbeck on a year-long loan. Wow, wild stuff happens really fast in this Window.

Ok then, I'll slow down now. :)

Which other ex-Villa players could be suggesting players for us? It does appear we're using our connections well!

I've just seen Mustapha Hadji filling up and buying a packet of cheesy wotsits from the petrol station by VP...

Carew suggesting Valon Berisha.

TWITTER BULL SHIT ALERT.... PLEASE LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ

Dutch Football @football_oranje 51s

Aston Villa agree a fee for FC Groningen's Leandro Bacuna (via @voetbalzonenl ) #avfc #eredivisie

Seen this a few times this last hour..... He's a Winger akin to Lens from PSV...

I've seen a handful of mentions of Leandro Bacuna of FC Groningen expected to move to an English club this summer, potentially us.

Beware though. It seems all the talk linking us to this guy comes back to one tweet from one Villa fan's account so take that in to account.

File under sketchy twitter rumour for the time being.

We need Olly & Freddie to get in on the act!

TWITTER BULL SHIT ALERT.... PLEASE LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ

Dutch Football @football_oranje 51s

Aston Villa agree a fee for FC Groningen's Leandro Bacuna (via @voetbalzonenl ) #avfc #eredivisie

Seen this a few times this last hour..... He's a Winger akin to Lens from PSV...

I've seen a handful of mentions of Leandro Bacuna of FC Groningen expected to move to an English club this summer, potentially us.

Beware though. It seems all the talk linking us to this guy comes back to one tweet from one Villa fan's account so take that in to account.

File under sketchy twitter rumour for the time being.

Apparently the account tagged in it @Voetbalzonenl tweeted it first.... in dutch.. lol So maybe... Just maybe...

@GraemeBailey 1m

Reports in Holland say Aston Villa are making a move for Groningen winger Leandro Bacuna, who in-turn want Southampton's Steve de Ridder.

If a Sky sports journo is tweeting about it then maybe there is more to this then....

I still say wait until we see a newspaper or website article, not from a fan site, before we get too excited.

Edited by Wes