Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Danny Rose was very good against us, and also pretty good today. He has an attacking side to him that few others match, he can shoot as well.

Highly doubt Tottenham would sell though, will probably play for them next season. Another Kyle Walker really, bread by another team and then back to their ranks.

His just as bad as Bennett, another LM converted into a LB. We need someone who can defend for a start.

Rose has come of age this season. 

He's really come on the second half, not a chance we'll get him for anything less than £8m.

He'll be starting LB for Spurs by the end of next season.

----

Positions that are essential for me:

Left back

Centre half

Winger, left or right, doesn't matter

If we get 3 players of a really good standard in just those positions I wouldn't be too disappointed. Would love it if we could get a CM and a ST as well.

Off the top of my head:

Luke Shaw

Nicolas Lombaerts

Kevin De Bruyne

Edited by Tomaszk

Rose has come of age this season. 

He's really come on the second half, not a chance we'll get him for anything less than £8m.

He'll be starting LB for Spurs by the end of next season.

Positions that are essential for me:

Left back

Centre half

Winger, left or right, doesn't matter

If we get 3 players of a really good standard in just those positions I wouldn't be too disappointed. Would love it if we could get a CM and a ST as well.

Yep - I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett returned up North. If we don't sign at least one CB + FB serious questions need to be asked. 

No thanks to Rose.

Bang average player who is having a good season in a team firstly managed by MON, who we know can make shite players look half decent, and now PDC who I think will show to be very similar to MON in that sense, huge motivation and Sunderland will sink like a ship next season, and Rose's form (whoever he is at) will be the same imo.

Would like to be proven wrong, but Levy will ask for a huge sum and I dont think Rose will be worth it in the long run.

I'd prefer Cavanda or a left-sided version of Lowton (but one that is cheaper than Baines ;) )

Didn't think Cavanda was a left back.

We'd have to pay top top whack for Luke Shaw, and we'd probably only get him if Soton went down, but he looks immense.

Wouldn't mind splurging out £12m+ on him (Randy would!), he'd be in the team for yonks.

Randy wouldnt.

Shaw is a very good player. Liked him for 2 or 3 years now before he broke into the Southampton first team, he'll go to a team higher up the league than us I imagine. United could be a good shout for him. I think he has the potential to be that good.

I would love him at Villa if it was feasible mind.

Didn't think Cavanda was a left back.

Think he can pretty much play where he wants in defence? Pretty sure thats what Transfermarkt says anyway, naturally a rightback but can go where he needs to be put.

But I think that would be fine. Some actual competition for both Lowton and Bennett because Lichaj, Stephens, Warnock and Hutton just havent provided real competition this season despite Bennett's woeful form.

Someone at the Awards dinner has been tweeting that Dunne, Given and Bent are all off in the summer, Ireland not even there tonight so probably him too. Mostly expected but interesting nonetheless 

@SpaghettiCr8ive

Someone at the Awards dinner has been tweeting that Dunne, Given and Bent are all off in the summer, Ireland not even there tonight so probably him too. Mostly expected but interesting nonetheless 

@SpaghettiCr8ive

I think you'll find it was Ireland who is responsible for that tweet! ;)

What is the status of Hutton, btw?

Is he a loanee out this season? Somehow I thought we were rid of him for good, obviously just wishful thinking.

Is he a loanee out this season? Somehow I thought we were rid of him for good, obviously just wishful thinking.

Bad news i'm afraid Gompedyret, draw the curtains in your back garden because according to Stephen Ireland's twitter account he is being loaned out to Oslo FC.

Scouts honour ;)

He's loaned out to RCD Mallorca yeah, I'm not sure if they have an option on him.

Bad news i'm afraid Gompedyret, draw the curtains in your back garden because according to Stephen Ireland's twitter account he is being loaned out to Oslo FC.

Scouts honour ;)

Is this a joke? Because if not then there is no such thing as Oslo FC, unless you mean Vålerenga which is the main team from Oslo. And if that is what you mean, then no. The level would be way to low, and the same for his wages. 

Scouts honour ;)

Is this a joke? Because if not then there is no such thing as Oslo FC, unless you mean Vålerenga which is the main team from Oslo. And if that is what you mean, then no. The level would be way to low, and the same for his wages. 

I think the point is somewhere in Sweden right now.

• Like 1

Scouts honour ;)

Actually, if there was such a club I reckon he could do a job there. ;) (Or here, if you like. Strange phenomena though, how I don't especially care for any team in Oslo, but some random team in a foreign city I've never even visited stirs deep affective emotions. Strange indeed, but I digress.)

Ireland and Given will be the most difficult ones to get rid of obviously (based on perceived usefulness vs salaries/cost). If Villa manages both without having to pay excruciating amounts to fulfill their contracts, then very very good.

I wouldn't mind if this rumor had some truth to it:

Andreas Weimann could be set to help Paul Lambert entice Basel centre-back Aleksandar Dragovic to Aston Villa in the summer.

The Austrian defender has his heart set on a switch to the Premier League and is regularly in touch with his international team-mate Weimann.

Dragovic, who impressed in both legs of Basel’s Europa League quarter-final victory over Tottenham last month, said: “I regularly speak to Andreas, who has told me a lot about how much he enjoys playing in England.

“It’s competition at the highest level, which is what I am looking for.

“The fans are fantastic, and the clubs command a lot of respect around the world.”

Everton, Fulham and Southampton are all tracking his progress, but Villa have been eyeing the 22-year-old for over a year with former chief scout Michael Henke having sent back several reports on Dragovic prior to leaving the club in January.

Henke watched Basel play Bayern Munich in a friendly just before quitting as chief scout to join Ingolstadt and Lambert is understood to be looking for a defender of his type to come in this summer.

Seems a tidy and accomplished defender for his age, only gripe is some episodes suggest he might be brash and a disruptive influence in the dressing room.